Demolition (2015)

I enjoyed this movie tremendously and it might be my favourite performance from Jake Gyllenhaal so far (even more than Nightcrawler) but why the lukewarm reviews? Has anybody else seen this? What did you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

rarbg.to/torrent/1jxf3d2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I saw the trailer months ago and was really turned off by it. Husband grieving over his lost wife and tearing apart his house seemed kind of lame

I didn't see the trailer before watching the movie but from your description it's only skin-deep. Do give it a try.

It was exceedingly frustrating to me watch him destroy his house and repeatedly fuck up with his father-in-law.

His outfits were fresh tho.

I've been lookimg forward to this but they dont show it in my country. BDRIP when?

rarbg.to/torrent/1jxf3d2

lol. awful just awful. turned it off after 30 minutes.

This is the only way to watch movies.

Kind of reminded me of The Machinist in the same disappointing kind of way.

The pier scenes kept reminding me of The Sopranos

What exactly is it about then?

Fixing his life by taking it apart

Extremely well off executive frustratingly "demolishes" what remains of his "life" after his wife who never loved dies in a car accident.

Chris Cooper murders it like always.

Watched it at the Sydney Film Fest the other week. Enjoyed it, definitely, but I was hoping the premise of complaining to the vending machine company would carry on much further into the film.

I wish I was as handsome as Jake.

This was some melodramatic, forced-quirky "American Beauty" bullshit. I truly hated it

It felt organic enough for me. I think Jake's acting made the movie.

yesterday I asked about this movie,i even posted(welldone.jpg) the second I realized this movie was gonna be great.

I do know what makes this movie so "unwishable"(sorry, this is the best Word I could come up with) to watch,
I watched for 5 minutes and It had all the fucking tropes of guy loses wife, he finds another women and they lick their wounds together.
So i went here and ask anons should I keep on or say fuk this.
It was purely Pavlovian reflex instilled by Hollywood tru years of shitty movies on the subject,
scenes from first 5 minutes made me think Ill know everything this movie will be about.

Good thing I listened to an user and kept on watching.

Now, not only was this movie not filled with tropes, it has Gleynhall who mastered acts of people who
realize that they live lives they dont want to life, that their whole life is a fucking lie and that crap
happens to all of us(get married,have kids, earn money, divorce when kids are little older, have a nervous break down, earn more money,you start to figure shit out, realize you dont have to do all that crap and then you die knowing you dont have to live the life that society expect you to live)

dude, just say rarbg, you dont have to give those fuckers in RIAA and MPAA all on the plate...
Now this tracker is gonna be followed...

Stop being stupid, stupid

rarbg is trash
who cares lmao

STEVE

I GOT A FUCKING NAIL IN MY FOOT

He's a good actor, that's why I watched it, but the script was worthless

Sell me this movie.

>posting on Sup Forums while watching a movie
you guys are the worst

lel

Jake Gyllenhaal is a sexy motherfucker and you get to watch him for over an hour.

I ended up watching both this and Everybody wants some yesterday. Started with Demolition, thinking that it would invoke more feels and sadness than EWS and boy I couldn't be more wrong.

I don't know if it's because I'm only 22, but I just couldn't get into Demolition. Didn't find it bad, just couldn't get invested into any of the characters.
I feel like it would've been a much better movie if it focused on protags relationship with the kid.

What is Everybody Wants Some about?

I wish I could be 22 again.