Is this their best work?

Is this their best work?

LOOK MOMMY, THERE'S NOT DUBS IN THE SKY

That's The Wall.

HANG ON JOHN I'VE GOT TO GET ON WITH DUBS

By 'theirs' do you mean Roger and his dead daddy?

THE SUN IS IN THE EAST EVEN THOUGH THE DAY IS DONE

That's not The Piper at the gates of dawn

THE FLETCHER MEMORIAL
HOME FOR INCURABLE DUBS AND TRIPS

Piper at the gates of dawn is proto Animal Collective

Anco suck

kek'd

Good album though - not their best by any stretch, but still good.

yeah

THE GRASS WAS GREENER

don't know if the best but this one is pretty underrated

What a strange way to pronounce The Wall

Their best work was their live recordings in the late sixties to early seventies like Pompeii and From Oblivion.

It's pretty good but it's more like a Rogers solo album than it is Floyd. Doesn't hold up next to Dark Side or Meddle.

Fuck no. This album is like The Wall with all the soul, melody and creativity sucked out of it. Proof that Gilmour was a more important part of the band that Waters.

So you think noodling white boy blooz guitar solos equal soul? That's sad

Good band relations tend to give more heart and soul to an album though

Is Two Suns In The Sunset their best track?

ITT: everybody pretending to not like TDSOTM because it's too mainstream

If you don't think there's some soul in Gilmour's playing, especially a solo like Comfortably Numb, then you're just in denial.

Also, my main point is that Gilmour may not have been a great lyricist but he contributed a lot of melody with the stuff he did write as well as having a better voice than Waters. I really don't think it's a coincidence that almost ever song Gilmour contributed to on The Wall (writing credit and vocals) ended up being one of the hit singles.

Yes. We all prefer the wannabe Psychedelic album that was literally just desperately trying to fit in with a trend that was popular at the time. But it never became an immensely popular best-seller so it's cooler to prefer that one now!

Nope, this is.

>If you don't think there's some soul in Gilmour's playing, especially a solo like Comfortably Numb, then you're just in denial.

Or I just have better taste than you.

>that was literally just desperately trying to fit in with a trend that was popular at the time
And what trend would that be champ?

Not if you prefer The Final Cut you don't.

I would hazad a guess and say that being as Gilmour is widely praised as when of the best and most expressive guitarists of all time by guitarists, fans, critics and contemporaries alike that you're wrong.

Learn to read. I'm not gonna repeat myself

Daily reminder that anyone who prefers Piper at the Gates of Dawn to A Saucerful of Secrets is a tryhard tasteless faggot

So DSTOM was trying desperately to fit in with the Psychedelic movement? Is that what you're saying? Because if it is that might legitimately be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Sup Forums.

If ever there was an album a band consciously made to distance themselves from psychedelica it was Dark Side.

Dark Side>The Wall>Piper>Wish You Were Here>Animals>Everything else

Is there any other good Anti-Thatcher core music besides The Final Cut?

>So DSTOM was trying desperately to fit in with the Psychedelic movement?
>DSTOM
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. And no, it's not because you put the T infront of the O.

this desu is correct also considering it was released it 73 which was way after the initial psychedelic movement and also dealt with different themes which would normally be associated with usual psychedelic music

Pretty much any British Punk or Post-Punk from that time period

The Final Cut is a very good political album, too bad people try to assume its just "muh daddy is ded"

>DSOTM
>psychedelic
Lol m8

user was right, you should learn to read before you reply.

thats what he's saying tho

Pink Floyd's top 5

1. Animals
2. Meddle
3. Wish You Were Here
4. The Final Cut
5. Dark Side Of The Moon

I HELD THE BLADE IN TREMBLING HANDS
PREPARED TO MAKE IT BUT

JUST THEN THE PHONE RANG

I DIDNT HAVE THE NERVE TO GET THE FINAL DUBS

Amused To Death is one of the best songs I've ever heard

It's quite nice, yes.

Waters is a prick, but his solo stuff is pretty neat

Through the fish eyed lens, of dubs stained eyes

psssttt... he's talking about Piper

Just stop. Not everyone has to be on John McLaughlin's level. When he's not trying to set the fretboard on fire, he's just ridiculously good.