Be honest Sup Forums, how much do you actually remember from these movies? They are so forgettable. What went wrong?

Be honest Sup Forums, how much do you actually remember from these movies? They are so forgettable. What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

every detail from the ogres to the river barrel to the smaug to the cg army

I will never erase that godawful scenes of the Dwarves in barrels

The Hobbit had a few months of pre-production compared to three years for Lord of the Rings. Props were being manufactured and delivered to the set on the same day that they were required for shooting. Sets were built up and torn down on the same day then built back up again a few days later.

Just an absolute mess of a production. It's a miracle that An Unexpected Journey was half-decent at least. The same can't be said for the other two.

I never knew it had production issues like that. It explains a lot then. i thought Peter Jackson was just being lazy with it

Watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

I remember the first one a lot. I was still pretty much hopeful around that time, I liked that there were a lot of shots of Hobbiton/Bilbo's home, the dwarfs arriving and being entitled shits, Gollum scene, fucking Smaug, and Nesbitt's bit where he genuinely did wish Bilbo a good life after Bilbo decides to leave.

Second one, I'm fond of Bombur's barrel scene just because I laughed a lot at the cinema with some strangers. Beorn and his house looked kind of cool, I guess, so were Bard and Laketown. I guess diva Thranduil was memorable too.

I don't want to remember the third one at all.

It's kind of amazing how little happened in the third movie. I tried watching the extended edition and I fast forwarded more than half of it and I can confidently say I didn't miss anything. It's a 3 or 4 hour movie and that only covers the last 2 or 3 chapters of the book.

Literally every shot and every single line of dialogue. The Hobbit trilogy is an accidental masterpiece of modern cinema.

If you think those movies are "forgettable", I'm sorry to say you're a pleb who can't appreciate a mainstream form of art-cinema.

Somehow they managed to be even better than the Star Wars prequels, who are all 9/10s.

Fuck man thats hectic. Makes me feel bad for the guy. 21 hours of working everyday only to have people shit on the movies.

I remember a decent amount actually. They aren't good, but I don't think they're forgettable.

how's your summer pal

what the absolute fuck is that webm

The fuck

Did they put magic superglue on his head?

The 3rd flick tanked all of it.

As retarded as it is even on paper that would be a fun scene if the movie wasn't covered in weird Vaseline. Blurriest IMAX movie I've been to. It's a muggy mess.

I remember them singing the song at the dinner table in the first one and being really excited that it was going to be faithful. I remember Bilbo running out the door and like him being ready for a grand adventure.

I then remember Thorin's death, because those were literally the only three emotional scenes and only things worth remembering.

I don't remember Thorin's death. Fuck I need to rewatch these

The whole movie is shit but this scene still gets to me each time.

>Farewell, Master Burglar. Go back to your books... and your armchair... plant your trees, watch them grow. If more people... valued home above gold... this world would be a merrier... place...

That's the dwarf with an axe in his head

The first one made me chuckle a few times at the Dwarves been absolute shitheads to Bilbo when they arrived, the other two just made me laught at their bad effects.

Smaug seemed cool, shame the actual action scenes with him looked like utter shit.

I read a book but saw onlythe first movie.

You know, I watched all 3 of the films and never really noticed until looking up just to be sure you weren't bullshitting.

>Misty Mountains song
>Bilbo running
>Riddles in the dark
AUJ got me excited for the rest of the movies, as well. I thought it would be like it. Fuck, what happened?

I don't remember this scene

That was kind of hard to miss, I think. He's the guy who speaks a different language (old dwarf language) because he got shit for brains now thanks to the axe.

boo hoo my fancy hollywood life is so haaaard

I think it was fairly easy to miss because only half the dwarves had names (outside of the initial introduction) and even less had speaking lines.

The studio decided they needed three movies instead of two when the book barely had enough to fill two to begin with. So they made up a lot of shit and it mostly ended up being bad.

>What went wrong?

Making three films

its in the EE

and the fact that Jackson had just straight up retarded ideas as that webm exemplifies.

I only like the parts involving Gandalf, Radagast, the White Council and Barad Dur

1: the dwarves singing, trolls almost eating them
2: the barrel scene, Frodo arguing with dragon
3: dropping the giant guy into the battlefield, the dwarf king becoming grumpy

I guess I just noticed it in AUJ, he went to speak to Bilbo in a different language, and he was even doing gestures with his hand and miming, and I guess I just saw the remaining part of an axe lodged on his forehead. I think even one of the dwarfs (James Nesbitt's character, I think) explains it.

I guess I just really liked AUJ and was kind of hopeful for the series, so I paid close attention.

Bilbo using the ring (esp. with the spiders). We didn't get to see much of from the perspective of the ring-bearer in LOTR.

I don't recall this at all. Could be my faulty memory but I almost wonder if this was in the extended edition. Either way, the character doesn't do anything.

I actually didn't mind the three fucking long ass movies. What ruined it was the stupid shit they added in it. They didn't have to pad it with Legolas or Evangeline Lily or the forced romance. They could have padded it with more dwarf scenes, especially between Thorin and his nephews, to make their death much more painful. Add more Bilbo scenes too. They gave the dwarfs personalities already, they just needed to have more scenes.

But the production succumbed to test groups and pandering to the general masses. That's what made the movies so fucking terrible.

Right, they felt they needed to more firmly connect these movies to the LotR ones thus all the elf shit and Legolas. And romance is a cheap way of making a death "sad" and is easier than giving said character actual development and making us like him.

It wasn't in the EE, if I recall. I don't think I've watched any of the EEs yet. One of his scenes is in Bilbo's house, he comes up to Bilbo asking for something I think, and Bilbo just doesn't straight up understand him, and he is pushed away by another dwarf. It was kind of quick.

I remember another dwarf explaining the axe thing,a nd for some reason I remember it was James Nesbitt, but I might be wrong since it's been a while since I saw the movie.

i remember that the book is infinitely better

That scene was funnier that any modern comedy today.

The book is just ok overall though.

Mostly from the Unexpected Journey.
And mostly the soundtrack since Howard Shore is based.

As someone who really likes Episodes I II and III, you're gonna have to explain that to me. Yes, the Hobbits had their good parts, but I'd really like you to point out some of what makes you like it so much.