Watch SPY

>watch SPY
>expect it to be a retarded movie
>actually funny as fuck

holy shit, why didn't you tell me ? it's pretty great
also slutty Rose Byrne is a 10/10

>It's another Rose Byrne DUDE IM FAT LMAO episode

*Sigh*

Was it funny because of Melissa, or in spite of?

Jason Statham is great.

I'd say in spite of McCarthy.

I thought it was a serviceable comedy, nothing particularly special and vastly overrated by critics.

I saw it in theaters, opening weekend.
It is not a funny movie, nor did I laugh once.
I'm genuinely convinced saying this movie is good is a meme on here, because it's complete utter shit that using cursing for comedic effect, which is the ultimate definition of lazy.

i'm genuinely never going to pay to see a film with melissa mccarthy

Byrne and Statham steal the show every scene they are in. Jude Law was alright.

but it wasn't funny at all.

go watch some clips people instead of falling for this obvious troll.

Statham talking up his badass spy credentials was kinda funny. At one point I'm sure he's just recounting things from the Crank movies. Other than that and Sadfu's Cruella DeVille impersonation I agree.

Saw a bit of it on tv. Yeah it wasn't as horrible as I expected or heard. I can't actually hate McCarthy since she seems nice. Statham and Law deliver as well.

Because. She's not bad when she's not in... well... any other movie she was in, really. She was good on her tv show, and she's good in Spy, but her choice of movies has been a fucking train wreck. she should fire her agent or something.

It was pretty great. Not like OMG SUPER COMEDY but it was a fun comedy movie with some good jokes.

It also reminded me that Jude Law still exists.

>She was good on her tv show
watched 30 or 40 eps of that. you're right she was ok in it.

Yeah Statham moments were best moments

>It also reminded me that Jude Law still exists.
He's going to be in that hbo pope show right? I like the dude, for some reason.

i thought it was funny too OP

I enjoyed it too very much user.

That kitchen fight scene was really well choreographed.

Statham was amazing in this.

>Rose Byrne
>fat
You're thinking of McCarthy

Yeah this movie was shockingly good. I thought I was going to hate it but I was laughing fairly regularly during my viewing. Good thread. Good recommendation.

I've tried to tell people on Sup Forums for some time. They're blinded by their rage regarding Melissa McCarthy. There's a reason it was so well reviewed.

>BUH DEY DO IT CUZ WIMMEN

Tons of FatCarthy films are awfully reviewed. Stop the assdelusion. Spy was great.

I really liked it as well. Especially with Statham playing a retard

Yeah it was pretty damn funny, especially serafinowiz and statham. McCarthy not so much, apart from when she was the butt of the joke

>Sup Forums coming to its senses regarding this movie

Fucking finally. I'm no fan of the fat bitch but fuck you this shit was funny.

Sadfu being a bitch gave me hard