I'm doing shrooms for the first time tomorrow with a friend thats done it before...

I'm doing shrooms for the first time tomorrow with a friend thats done it before. Is there anything I should know going into this or any preparation I should do?

Also general drug thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromo-DragonFLY#Dosage
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/r/Drugs/
/r/shrooms/

Remember to always breathe consciously, on shrooms your automatic mode turns off, do it or you'll definitely die

get enough sleep tonight

How much are you taking?

Also, dried/fresh?

this is untrue, shrooms will never cause you to stop breathing.

Damn I havent been to reddit in years. I guess its worth it
I've heard the exact opposite of that
Suspision confirmed
Working on it. I already slept for two hours until the asshole above me woke me up now I cant go back to sleep
No clue, no clue. Probably a light to moderate dose I would guess

Don't have any weapons or phones within reach if you plan to trip hard. Weapons are obvious but phones are more of a vibe killer. You might get bad news, message somebody something stupid, or misinterpret a text or something and it could ruin your experience. Also consider having a plan b in case you start freaking out. Most people choose weed or music for that. Once you've done them enough with a friend or two to feel comfortable I recommend taking them alone from then on. Other people kind of ruin it. Also don't take a pussy dose for your first time. No less then 3g if dry if you aren't comfortable with taking a real dose then don't bother taking them because it's not going to do anything for you.

Also, any experiences with mixing weed and shrooms? Would energy drinks help, hurt, or do nothing?
Hows the weed/shroom combo? And I definitely want to have my first experience be fully submersive

Just stay hydrated and enjoy the smiles.

I personally just find weed kick starts the trip. If I'm ever too impatient to get the ball rolling I just smoke a bowl and it starts things off pretty intense. As far as drinks I honestly only recommend water if you even find yourself getting thirsty (I usually don't). Once I was tripping my balls off and drank some gatorade and it made me puke my brains out. I haven't been able to stomach gatorade since.

If you're looking for a decent trip that isn't too crazy, I'd recommend 2.5 grams. This is assuming you're taking Dried Cubensis Caps.

2.5 grams is definitely noticeable but isn't so ridiculous that you might get freaked out. I would also recommend having something to eat them with like a brownie or a peanut butter sandwich as the shrooms themselves taste like complete ass.

Designate a "safe area" to go if you need to. Just best to have it so that if you start to freak out mid-trip you won't have to deal with thinking much.

It takes a little bit to start up. It can vary from anywhere between 15-60 minutes on average.

Definitely have some headphones/music on standby for a fun ride. Try playing different music with different tempos/instruments. It's pretty fun to experiment what it does to your thought patterns.

I wouldn't recommend taking any other drugs with it until you're acquainted. A solid trip is more than enough for the first time.

Video games are hit and miss. On the one hand, certain things look/feel amazing, on the other hand, it may amount to sensory overload for a few seconds.

Just try to relax, have fun, and plan only a few things to do beforehand. Most of the time, you won't end up doing them anyway because your thinking will likely change completely and things that seemed like a good idea suddenly don't anymore. The best way I can describe it is that your perception of time shifts more to "the moment" similar to how an animal would act. Good luck and have fun OP.

What kind of shrooms are you taking anyways? You just cant say "im taking shrooms tomorrow, whats up?"
Is it cubensis or something like the liberty cap (Psilocybe semilanceata) ?

But anyways I've done shrooms like 5 times and three of those was alone, the things I recommend is to just stay calm and just let the shrooms do the work.

Dont try to hesitate something like if your friend is saying "Woooahh dude, look at the fucking walls they are so wavy and trippy".
Just let the shrooms do the work and it will be funny as fuck, I really love to close my eyes and listen to some old school music like Dire Straits or Supertramp.

Even some classical music is freaking epic because everything in that music is so perfectly made so it goes like a meditative melody in your head, and have closed eyes to that makes it awesome.

Eat some good food some hour before you eat all the shrooms because you wont be thinking about food for a couple of hours, and that goes for drinking some water too.

Like said that when he drank gatorade he puked his brains out, ofcourse I dont know about you you maybe love Coke and drink it all the time then its no problem.
But in my case I sense everything much more than when im sober so everytime eat something with alot of E numbers, I kind of puke haha. (Not literally but you get it)

Dont think about bad things and just let the drug do the work, have a great day user!
AND change enviroment if you feel like something is strange, just by going outside makes it to another trip!

-Keep water handy.
-Make the playlist before you trip.
-Eat some candy for the come up to combat nausea
-If you do feel nauseous, let it all out, you'll feel fantastic afterwards.
-Save the weed till after the peak.
-Know that it'll be over in about 6ish hours, probably less
-An empty/light stomach is recommended for faster come up and less bowel stress
-TVs are overwhelming to look at and a waste of what could be deep introspective thought, in my opinion
>And for fuck's sake, silence/shut off your phone.

do NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES go to youtube and watch "Betty Boop in Crazy Town".

trrrrrrrrrrrrrust me.

weed helps if you're a veteran smoker and dont get paranoid anymore, and instead it calms you. it can be very good for breaking you out of a bad trip, as can whippits.

Honestly don't overthink any of it. Shrooms aint shit and are cool but not amazing but bad trips happen when you worry about doing it. Charlie and the chocolate factory is pretty fun to watch on it. If you don't want to be out in nature and do shrooms just find a place to post up with some visually trippy movies and a bunch of weed. Have fun bro

Also it tastes like shit. Buy some fast food and toss it into your hamburger or burrito

hide your car keys.

you wont be able to work a computer so have trip activities laid out. some people find it tough to watch movies, they'd rather do things.. however going out in public is a no-no.

uh.... trip sitters are really handy if you have an experienced one. I can talk a dude out of a bad idea or a bad trip really easily since I understand trip logic.

shrooms suck, take acid instead

Don't take 10 grams like I did for my first time!

Or actually, do. I don't regret it at all, changed my life, but I sure as hell wasn't prepared for it.

acid is kinda iffy these days. see, 60s through 90s, LSD was the only thing that could fit on blotter.

NOW, there is an alphabet soup of weird reseach chems you could end up. One of the worst of which is Bromo-DragonFly. its less potent, so its sold in strips.

Dosing on that could lead you to tripping 2-3 days on average, and easily land you in the psyche ward since you'll do something stupid during 3 days of tripping.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromo-DragonFLY#Dosage

the high comes and goes for like 8 hours its weird

Have a bad trippy wittle boye?
To answer OP,
Eat a bit of cacao nibs and raw and/or local honey with the shrooms.
Instrumental music > lyrics any day
Go outside once you're comfortable, don't be a faggot and watch TV. I cannot believe people recommend that.
Essential oils are a must for combatting bad trips. Try lavender or any scents that appeal to you.
Eating smaller doses can give you a good feel for the drug and sometimes can be more powerful than a larger dose. Again, don't listen to faggots that claim you need to eat a large amount otherwise you won't feel anything.
Do not use alcohol, caffeine, or quite frabkly any other drug. Weed is okay, but makes things cloudy and distracts from the trip imo.
Night tripping is intense, but oh so delightful.
There really aren't "bad" trips just misguided mindsets, the key is to learn from your experiences and being conscious is the first step in doing so. Trust the mushroom, it is a teacher as old as time.
Relax, open your mind, heart and enjoy yourself. It's a wonderful experience.

Bump

Ive had some picked in my local hills a couple (3?) months ago. How long do they keep? Ive just had them in a paper bag in my desk

Be prepared to shit.

Be prepared to shit.

Dude your gonna have a bad trip and never come back, enjoy the syc ward

If you're afraid, take less. I was adviced to take 1g for the first time and i think that was a wise thing to do.

Have a beer in the fridge. If you freak out, drink that. Itll dull a bit of the effect.

Valium helps when you're coming down. It can feel a bit weird the first time towards the end without it

Smoke weed 10 mins after taking shrooms, 100% good trip

I tried 3g for my 1st time the other night and completely lost my mind, had a major freak out when it 1st hit but after 15 mins it was great sat tripping

i fucking love shrooms. one of my favvvvvvvvorite things to do is put blue planet ocean videos on mute and bump some of your favorite songs esp edm chillwavey or psytrance stuff. the moods will shift with the songs and everything will sync up with nature doing its thing. put out some art supplies. even just a pen and paper and doodle along. candles, good lighting, pillows, and blankets are a must. you have 4-6 hours on a good trip so one good thing to do is start out at home in the early evening, let it kick in, go outside for a bit before the sun sets and just walk around in nature and look at things up close. listen to rain trickling into the gutter and splashing on the leaves. stay away from cars. parks are best. talk to an animal, pet its fur. then go home as the sun sets and just vibe. you will see things in a different light for the rest of your life.