Louis C.K. on free speech

"One thing I have heard ad nauseum is that this is not censorship because the government didn’t do it. I don't understand why so many people say this. It doesn't have to be government censorship to be censorship. If anyone silences anyone because what they said pissed someone off, they censored them. It may not be illegal or a first amendment issue, but it is censorship. Moreover, we live in a country where corporations run everything and have the government at their beck and call and vice verca. The two are fucking each other in the fetid cunt all day long. So in that world it doesn't really matter who wielded the axe."

Is he right, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20070521203043/http://www.louisck.com/welcomeit.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=4yH47XI3fCo
youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Louis C.K walks on stage
>"Good evening ladies and gentlemen...you're in for quite a show tonight."
>*applause*
>"Before we go any further...let us turn off these lights, these damned inventions of the white devil. Let us return to our natural state...in blackness."
>Lights are turned off, but bonfires are being lit on stage and in the audience
>Meanwhile, Louis has stripped naked, and a huge cauldron is being brought on stage.
>All the blacks in the theatre start chanting "cuck cuck cuckcuckcuck cuck cuckcuckcuck..." silently at first, but growing louder steadily.
>"In this cauldron is a sacred Nubian concoction made from the feces and semen of black men, and the blood of white male babies. It gives me crazy sexual powers. Sometimes I even ingest it."
>Louis cowers his pale,naked body with the foul liquid from head to toe, massaging himself and moaning audibly. His tiny white dick is getting more and more erect.
>"cuck cuck cuckcuckcuck cuck cuckcuckcuck..." the chanting continues
>Louis starts jerking off violently. Some white people look shocked, and get up and try to leave, but the doors are locked.
>As the chanting grows louder and louder, Louis keeps pleasuring himself more and more aggressively, his eyes turning back in his head as he becomes more and more ecstatic
>Finally, just as he reaches climax, he is handed a huge horn, resembling a BBC. Louis puts it on his lips and....
>"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
>At Louie's signal, Zulu warriors emerge from the shadows of the theatre, slaughtering every white male with spears and stone knives. All the white women are being dragged towards the stage, where dozens of black bucks await with pulsating, throbbing erections.
>At this point Louis is being double penetrated by two huge black men. He picks up the mic...panting
>LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...BROTHERS AND SISTERS. I BID YOU WELCOME...TO THE INTERRACIAL BREEDING GROUNDS

That's very uncuck of him. I agree and my respect for him has increased.

Being racist in your private life will get you rejected from most big pictures.
He's right and he's appealing to the people that really have anything to do with this matter: consumers.

i hate the new louis ck but hes definitely right

Yes hes right and western society became so strong in part because we promoted and valued free speech so highly and when you take someone's career from them and ruin their reputation and what have you because of some thought or opinion they voiced it is not in keeping with this tradition though it technically does not infringe on their rights.

Depends what he's talking about. Corporate goons going around silencing dissent? Yeah that's censorship. Someone getting fired from their job for expressing politics detrimental to the company's image or someone getting their opinions pulled from a private media platform? Not censorship.

You can't discuss Louis CK on Sup Forums because the user who can separate memes from reality has died a long time ago.

When did he say that? 2008? 2010?

>consumers
>having any power
Thinking individual consumers have any power is like thinking any individual laborer has any power without a union

They don't have any power at all, and there is nothing that comes even close to a union for consumers that they could meaningfully express their demands through.

This is by design of course, consumer protection is voted down at every turn and only the most basic and obviously necessary shit ever gets through (like basic food labeling), and collective action of any kind in the US is vilifies incessantly to prevent any non governmental action

>when you take someone's career from them and ruin their reputation and what have you because of some thought or opinion they voiced it is not in keeping with this tradition

But ostracizing people for their political opinions is an American institution.

Yes

Louis was never a cuck. The hatred for Louis is truly one of the most misguided things I've ever seen on Sup Forums

He's ridiculously politically incorrect, have yo guys ever seen him on the opie and anthony show? like ever? How is it that the only mainstream comedian in fucking america that says nigger frequently in his stand-up and on opie and anthony gets the cuck stamp?

The only reason he got it is because of how laughably sensitive you all are to criticism. He makes a few jokes about white guilt and suddenly that is the only relevant thing, suddenly he's nothing more than an apologist that wishes he could be spit roasted by niggers 24/7. You guys are honestly more sensitive than SJWs, I sincerely believe that.

At least SJWs as misguided and dumb they are believe they're doing it for a cause and for the betterment of mankind (as hilarious as that is) you guys are just straight up pussies that can't take a joke, just like your demigod Trump.

so he's okay with cheese pizza? now i almost have respect for this guy.

I know he's not actually a cuck, I just find the Cuck King meme funny.

fuck off statist

pretty sure the ck cuck meme is just a joke to everyone who isn't retarded

This. It's all fun and games until a comedian makes fun of you. Learn to laugh at yourselves.

>So in that world it doesn't really matter who wielded the axe.
Um, yes it does. Public and private is a heck of a lot different.

Is this a real Louis quote? Doesn't jive with his cuck nature but I'll take it

Yeah yeah he does a lot of edgy shit but then he dedicates a whole scene to trying to make us feel bad for saying faggot and whines about Trump and whitey enough to be classified as a cuck

Wow, I hope one day I grow up to be as mature and reasonable as you

every time.

>le enlightenedman telling everyone else why they're wrong
Join in or fuck off, you tryhard faggot. I can feel the afterglow of your euphoric state of mind beaming from your post.

>that wishes he could be spit roasted by niggers 24/7
He did say he would suck Hendrix cock though

McCarthy is thought of as a villain. Are we going to remember Food Network as a villain for firing the butter lady because she said nigger one time decades ago?

2008 louis ck is not a cuck at all. I loved him on the opie and anthony show but that was years ago

Current louis ck is definitely a cuck and it has nothing to do with race or politics he just stopped trying to be funny and he became some artsy hipster douche i miss the louis who would call people faggots and play slave girl on the radio

He's not even being high and mighty. Just stop being a pussy is what he's saying. You're just as sensitive as the SJW boogeymen you all chase and look after to be mad about.

I am only euphoric to the level of which I realize I am superior to millennial trump supporters. It literally ends at that, I don't think I'm better than actual normal people But you're all so sad that I do actually feel enough confidence within me to say that I truly am above you.

"One thing I have heard ad nauseum is that this is not cucking because the white man didnt set up the situation. I don't understand why so many people say this. It doesn't have to be planned by the husband to be cuckoldry. If anyone fucks anyone because the husband has a tiny white dick, they cucked him. It may not be illegal or a first amendment issue to be white (soon will be), but it is cucking. Moreover, we live in a country where women run everything and have the black bulls at their beck and call and vice verca. The two are fucking each other in the fetid cunt all day long. So in that world it doesn't really matter who planned the fucking."

>wholesome southern lady turns out to have unwholesole racial proclivities, generating controversy
>implying the Food Network should be obligated to support a poisonous brand

But millennials are Bernie supporters. Well..were Bernie supporters

What did he mean by this?

Source is the time Louis changed the home page of his website to a rant about free speech after his friends Opie & Anthony were suspended.

web.archive.org/web/20070521203043/http://www.louisck.com/welcomeit.htm

>"I have to say something about this because I think it is terrible, alarming and part of a trend of censorship which is the most dangerous thing to happen in America in a long time, in my view. **I am blown away by how little outcry there has been over this especially among liberals, who are supposed to defend civil liberties, but seem only to do so when the rights of peole with their views are threatened.** It makes me really really sick."

>"They are selling out cellestial radio freedom for money. THAT is what is at stake here. Now, you may say "Well I don't care because they will only ever censor this one show for this one reason that is something i enjoy sayign I object to. **Of course they will NEVER misuse this channel of influence once it's been opened.** The virus from this will never jump from XM to HBO or podcasting or the internet or blogging. No way.” That’s you talking. And you are wrong. "

>"Some people are offended and some aren’t. The reason it’s wrong to take someone off the air for what they said, or to bear pressure on a company to take them off the air, is because even though you might think what they said is wrong, someone else might not think it’s wrong so YOU MIGHT BE WRONG! Of course you should protest when you hear something you find offensive. **You shoudl attack speech that you find deplorable. But not silence it or stand by while it is silenced.**"

>"I'm saying that some were offended and some weren't, including me. The outrage against what they said is good. It's healthy. Go for it. **But keeping them on the air is more important.** Everyone needs to go watch the Woody Harelson Hustler movie again. **I am blown away by how little people understand about free speech and what threatens it.** To all my liberal friends out there, please imagine if they were suspended for saying that we need to get out of Iraq, for speaking out against the war. There is no way you would stand by and let that happen."

>"I realized that, while I am certain that protesting this war is noble act, I cannot really argue with some people who find such protest disgusting. Likewise I cannot Argue with people who find O and A or these comments disgusting. I am not them. BUT, fucking BUTTT!!!! that is excatly why, **as sure as you are that some speech is wrong, and loudly you should say it, you should NEVER SILENCE SPEECH.**"

>"The right wing took Howard off the airwaves with their fines and no one cared. THe left wing took Imus off and now they're meeting in the middle to take off O and A. How is this not scarey to you? How do you not see that you have to protect everyone's speech? This is what I think. **Speech does have reprecussions. But the repreccussions should be other speech in opposition. Not silencing.**"

>" If you don't see how that's wrong and dangerous, you are in a dangerous haze of bliss. and if you think that the fact that he was silenced by a company and not a government means anything, you are in for some shit. "

SJWs on suicide watch.

Daily reminder frederic wertham was a leftist who got comic books banned/burned in the 50s because they were "racist" and "fascist."

How is this thread Sup Forums related?

>may 2007
A lot has changed since then.

How is Louis CK, a star of television & film. talking about a TV show being taken off the air NOT tv related?

This tbqfwyf

>"One thing I have heard ad nauseum is that this is not censorship because the government didn’t do it. I don't understand why so many people say this."

because that's literally all the 1st amendment is designed to protect you from you fucking retard. It has no say on social/cultural matters it's only there to limit just how much the government fucks you in the ass over certain issues.

How is the quote of a standup comedian about 2 radio shock-jocks television & film?

He's correct. It's called the threat of laughter. You'd be surprised how many people follow the status quo, or do what's popular, or what the television says, simply because they don't want to be ridiculed. When push comes to shove, they get pushed.

Tumblr is a great example of its users being terrified of being laughed at

He's a total sellout now. Go watch a set from 2010 and go watch a set from today. Everything he does now is to appeal to millennial shitbag sjws.

>yfw euros have consumers unions

And I hope you at least stop being as sensitive as the cucks you hate. And I'm sure you even have the audacity to call yourself a man.

At what point are private companies not obligated to broadcast content they don't approve of or doesn't profit them?

I mean I'm all for free speech and everything, but this isn't a matter of someone distributing their own newspaper or speaking to a crowd in a public space. This is broadcasts on someone's privately owned and operated equipment.

I don't base my political philosophy on what a comedian says, and I don't seek out humor from politicians.

Stay in your fucking lane

>that strawman

the guy really is a fucking idiot outside of his field (i mean directing btw)

>we live in a country where corporations run everything and have the government at their beck and call and vice verca. The two are fucking each other in the fetid cunt all day long. So in that world it doesn't really matter who wielded the axe."

1) Corporations don't control everything. You can choose not to buy products.

2) If there is anyone to blame, it's politicians for bending.

3) Louis is just angry that his higher ups decided to shitcan some of his offensive jokes. This is more to do with common political correctness among the populace rather than an intent to legitimately censor him. Companies both big and small have products to sell, and you can't sell anything if you offend the clientele.

Tldr "Waaaaaah, I can't do what I want! I'll blame Corporations and the government!"

comedians have been seen as something akin to street philosophers ever since that faggot George Carlin.

It's ruined comedy in the U.S.

>Louis was never a cuck
>youtube.com/watch?v=4yH47XI3fCo

*sigh*

even a broken cluck is right twice per day

*Lenny Bruce*

but yeah Carlin certainly made took the "comedian philosopher" into the mainstream and it's absolute cancer.

>You can choose not to buy products
And Corporations can choose to buy politicians very expensive products

>If there is anyone to blame, it's politicians for bending.
Absolutely true, but you can't not higher politicians
And you can't stop corruption after it happens, so we're fucked and there's nothing we can do about it

>This is more to do with common political correctness among the populace rather than an intent to legitimately censor him
Where's the petition from the people that spurred this action?

isn't the cuck meme just the fact that his name ends with ck

>And Corporations can choose to buy politicians very expensive products

bribery isn't legal bruv

Dumbest shit I've ever seen. So what, you can just decide to disrupt private events because you don't like it? People hosting those things have to use force to be able to share their messages with their audience? What are we, fucking savages? Load of bullshit, who the fuck are you to "show us the door". By that same logic, 100-200 conservatives/right wingers have a right to show up to your stupid events and shut them down by screaming at people. They don't do it because they're not professional victims who feel the need to silence everybody else. Everything applies every-which way.
The point isn't even if the law is being broken, the point is you being a fanatic moron who can't listen to things you don't like. If you don't like what people say go home and cry about it.

This. It's a meme that everyone took too seriously. Kind of like Sup Forums

IM HERE JUST FOR THE CHECK

His overly self depreciating style is full blown cuck. That's the lowest form of comedy.

>This. It's a meme that everyone took too seriously. Kind of like Sup Forums

Fucking rekt

Digits speak truth

That's not the message at all you fucktard. If you for example post racist shit on facebook and facebook deletes it, it's not censorship however. Nobody is forced to host your bullshit.

Except it's not that at all... Imus was TELEVISION SHOW on CNBC, not a radio show. His radio show was a seperate thing.

they should be. because racism has no real definition. facebook moderators aren't omnipotent, ultimate deciders of what racism is, and isn't.
following that, they can delete whatever the fuck the want if they don't like it, all it takes is a different interpretation from the one holding the power to delete it.

corporations shouldn't have the power to do that

>I didn't read what you wrote: the reply

And YOU get to decide it's bullshit/racist? The definitions of those are loosened up so hard that at this point you can be called a racist for everything.

>Nobody is forced to host your bullshit

Who's forcing anyone to do anything? All those events have happened in institutions that already agreed to host the speaker, but dumbfuck retards showed up screaming and throwing temper tantrums. It is fucking censorship, the details don't matter.

ok, then check these

If I'm the hoster of a site, a TV show or whatever, yes I GET to decide what I host and if I don't like what I see I can remove it. Deal with it. You can host your opinions on your blog or your private newspaper or whatever. Nobody is forced to spread your beliefs just because you have the right to voice them fucktard

Anyone who unironically enjoys Luis CK is literally a cuck

>white people are the worst
>sexualising his own daughters
>LOL we have it so easy

maybe once he was a good comedian, just isn't the case anymore

They aren't, but they also have no obligation to host your bullshit. If they don't host your shit go somewhere else. It's that simple

It always tickles be how overtly-preachy "comics" like this are typically drawn in stick-figure "I have zero artistic talent" fashion.

How deep do you think "SJW" doublethink is when they even have to pretend that this guy is talented, just to not seem mean?

what happens when 5 of the same corporations that share the same ideologies own every platform out there?

Do those people seriously not realize how useful of an idiot they are by playing right into the hands of big government and corporations? It's like 1984 is being brought on not by some tyrannical regime but the people itself.

Then you can't claim to have free speech, and can't deceive people into thinking you have some free flow of ideas that values all opinions like facebook does. Sure you can't force anyone to spread your beliefs, but a social media site like Facebook should have the decency to be politically neutral and have no agenda. If you look at """"""""""""""trending"""""""""""""" news alone on facebook, it's easy enough to see that FB is a corporate/big gov't brainwashing machine. A "social media" site shouldn't be this.

Create your own platform

>consumers
>no power
You know consumers have the choice to just not do business with corporations they don't like, right?

and be considered an outcast lunatic with fringe views running his own little platform to host the same fringe lunatics?
because that's how those 5 corporations will paint you.

you don't run away in the corner, you fight for control of the pre-existing structures i.e. those 5 corporations

>white people are the worst

Chris Rock complains about niggers all the time. Self deprecation doesn't mean he hates being white.

>sexualising his own daughters

I don't recall him doing that, plus stop being a pretentious moralfag. Who knows the kind of shit you jerk off to.

>LOL we have it so easy

Yes we fucking do faggot, have you been to the third world? You don't need to feel guilty about it but at least you can be glad for all the shit you don't have to deal with daily

>Then you can't claim to have free speech

Yes I can. Free speech means you can say anything you want without being arrested. That's it. It doesn't grant you a platform to voice your opinion, it doesn't grant you to force people to listen to your shit. You can just say whatever you want, but nobody has to listen to your shit.

Look at it from the other way: Facebook, if overrun by people spouting racial slurs and gore and shit would take an image damage that would result in a real financial and economical loss. Corporations of course should have the right to protect their platform to not be associated with opinions they don't want to be associated with.

not even organized boycotts have the slightest impact and you know it

If your opinions are outcast lunatic and fringe? Yes.
If people agree with you, your platform will become big. If it doesn't, tough luck fuckboy, maybe people don't actually agree with you.

Holy shit who the fuck cares if stupid retards from this website call him a "cuck"? The word has completely lost its meaning due to being overspammed by newfag morons who think it's "cool" to be """""alt right"""". Enjoy a comedian if you want to, you don't need fucking Sup Forums telling you what you can/can't enjoy. Jesus.

>literally defending child porn

liberals everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4

>nobody has to listen to your shit.

I never implied they do. I simply imply that I should be able to have it reach people who actually DO want to listen.

> Corporations of course should have the right to protect their platform to not be associated with opinions they don't want to be associated with

Yes I agree with that point, but at least FB should give some disclaimer that they have specific political views and doesn't claim to be neutral.

>defending child porn
>liberals

Uhuh I suppose you weren't around when literally half of Sup Forums was child porn. Go puke out newfaggotry somewhere else.

What a difference a decade makes.

Hi Louis.

>Yes we fucking do faggot, have you been to the third world?

Listen to this fucking dumbass, of course you get your worldview from louis fucking CK

So many people come from third world nations and face the exact same problems people bitch about on facebook and some may even have the outright GALL to get pissed when their shitty nokia can't get a signal

LoL nice comment, upvoted a f enjoy the karma XDD

>of course you get your worldview from louis fucking CK

Do I now you fucking retard? I was raised in the third world faggot, don't talk shit to me about what it is and isn't

The politicians usually bought out are Democrats trying to put more and more taxes on "evil Corporations". Its an act of self preservation since companies working on economies of scale would be hurt dramatically. The Republicans are bought out too, but that's mostly highly sought after government contracts.

>Where's the petition from the people that spurred this action?

It's called the free market.

>actually defending child porn

enjoy your watch list

>Look how much of an oldfag I am!

Nobody cares retard.

>enjoy your watch list

Yes because that's how it works

Aw are you upset?

>Yeah yeah he does a lot of edgy shit but then he dedicates a whole scene to trying to make us feel bad for saying faggot and whines about Trump and whitey enough to be classified as a cuck

im a gay and i'm pretty sure that wasnt his intent. It was more like think about what you say and have empathy because peopel went through shit, or don't because that's life.

Calling straight people faggots is actually the most offensive thing you can do because faggots are better than straight people, so you're demeaning us true fags by putting us at your level. You're not. We're better than you. You don't even know how to suck a clit like us.

Organized boycotts have the opposite effect, they are at a minimum free advertising. Sometimes a disorganized "counter-boycott" effect ends up being much more powerful.

>and there is nothing that comes even close to a union for consumers that they could meaningfully express their demands through.

The Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection?

>i enjoy child porn

is this what you're defending