People in real life with terrible opinions

Whenever I talk about anything fictional with a coworker, there's always this guy that jumps in the conversation to inform us that fiction isn't real and that we shouldn't watch/read it.

Have you met anyone with an absolutely bizarre opinion, that tries to correct you about yours?

My mom is the same way, she actively rejects anything that is fictitious or fantasy based, it has to be gangster shit, period pieces or network television only. But what drives me nuts is that I can never watch anything with her because she automatically hates anything I like.

>my mom believes Quasimodo was the bad guy

>watches a commercial with animals on it
>"why are they walking on their feet?"

B-but “based on a true story" means they just made shit up MOOOOOOOM

my mother's entire opinion about why she doesn't like the current presidential candidates is 'ew I just can't stand them'

I've had long discussions trying to get anything more specific out of her

also she thinks assange and the wikileaks guys are just traitors, with no ability to specify why that may or may not be a clear cut distinction

when I was 17 and got my first gf, she said that star wars was for little kids and lotr is stupid. tried to watch the fellowship with her, but she was on her smartphone the whole time and didnt even try to follow the story. Broke up with her before we even had sex

Sacrifices have to be made sometimes.

You did the right thing.

true. she got knocked up by a nigger and is a single mom now, lel

you are a pretty based guy user

she's right about star wars thu

>there's always this guy that jumps in the conversation to inform us that fiction isn't real and that we shouldn't watch/read it.

i wouldn't agree with him in this extreme, but he has a point. people end up wasting too much time overthinking fiction, and when some grow up watching things like star wars, they grow up expecting to sit on their ass all day and then outside forces come in and push their life forward.

also stories are about themes, morals, and wish fulfillment. they're just not what people would actually do.

you really should limit your fiction consumption, and read a lot of history to learn about people and realistic stories.

shes right about everything.

>neighbor believes that the Orlando shooter was "justified"

My girl, love her dearly, but she has the worst fucking taste when it comes to movies and it is always driving me nuts. Fuck off with your romance and horror garbage.

Well, at least she enjoys video games.

user, this thread is about horrible opinions.

>Whenever I talk about anything fictional with a coworker, there's always this guy that jumps in the conversation to inform us that fiction isn't real and that we shouldn't watch/read it.
Just remember the following: Allegory and myth are ways that morals and moral lessons are conveyed. If this particular individual keeps on interjecting during your conversations refer him to the Tales of Easop. Also refer him to the modern scholar Joseph Campbell.
It should also be recognized that although myth and mythology can be important in teaching morals and so on, there is also a caution when it comes to modelling one's life in the mold of certain fictions. See Soap Opera.

Or just call him a faggot

My ex-boyfriend didn't like any movies or TV that had anything that couldn't happen in reality. So no fantasy or science fiction or anything. Except Harry Potter for some reason

>Except Harry Potter for some reason

This means that Harry Potter is real and your bf knows it. You should interrogate him.

Everything is fiction at some level. May it be a news story that pares off details that make a piece less compelling or historical accounts that are basically just extrapolations from shockingly little information. Reality is so large and complex its quite impossible to ever know the whole story. Even math is nothing but a model, a model with flaws that in a number of cases can't be reconciled accurately with reality (heat equation).

But hey, if only focusing upon what is real is what allowed that man to achieve his illustrious position in life, whatever that may be, more power to him.

no one's telling you what to do you dumb bitch. you're coming at me with lies

this post was straight out of tumblr what the fuck

>horrible taste in movies
>enjoys video games

Jesus fuck, that must be horrible.

fuck off back to tumblr faggot