Beach Fossils
Real Estate
Deerhunter
Joy Division
Carly Rae Jepsen
Jason Aldean
Aphex Twin
Animal Collective

Except for the emogaze bands, I've just heard artists that do what they do so much better that it makes them feel very inferior.

Thank God I thought I was alone.

The xx

what albums have you listened to?
For the longest time I thought they were mediocre b/c I listened to their discography chronologically and when i got to ok Copmuter I just gave up. Then a while later I listened to in Rainbows on a whim and it fucking clicked instantly.

give them another chance my man

In rainbows is just generic reverb and heavily melodic indie rock

You have super bad taste

Neutral Shit Hotel

I agree with this
>stop liking what I don't like
Radiohead is the one band I can never get tired of. Whenever I get bored of overlistening to one album, I move on back to another I haven't heard in a while.

Their sound just vibes with me

who does AnCo better than AnCo? genuinely curious

Sadly this

He's not an album guy that's for sure. The Essential R.Kelly is a fun compilation with his most notable tracks.

if you're trying to enjoy chance you've already missed the point of his music. it's supposed to be carefree and fun

try tyrese
IMO better than r.kelly

why don't you back up your claim with some examples?

I MISS THE OLD KANYE

Went to the same high school as this shit skin.. People praise him and make him seem like a good guy, but in reality he's just your regular shine with no diploma

Macklemore

I hate rap and Chance is one of my favorite artists. I don't understand how people can't like Chance if they don't mind music about drugs/guns.

It's boring as fuck

It's cause it's a "different type of rap", it's not trap shit that's the usual nig-nog shit

Pink Floyd

This >
It just bores the hell out of me. I'm a big rap fan, though not of the big names typically, and I cannot get through Acid Rap.

Wow you have really shit taste senpai. Even if you don't like Floyd as a whole, Wish You Were Here is undeniably great.

Shit voice

I also don't like trap

His ad libs and voice, even more importantly are way too annoying to enjoy. And even if there's a song I almost can stand, he ruins it with a cringeworthy punchline.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Try Angels of Light a chance

"How I Loved You" is the best Gira-related release ever

Unless you aren't into the more folkish/ singer-songwriter style

No band ever.

try getting some pussy

SpaceGhostPussy

Fuck em. Beverly Hills solidified my hatred for them completely.

Also green day.

>neutral milk hotel
>radiohead
>animal collective
>aphex twin
>any hip hop artist

Beach boys

tried so many times

most of Sup Forums, you guys have awful taste no offense

Swans
Weezer
AnCo
Bowie

Try the Surf's up album, specifically Til I die and Feel Flows. It is pretty different than the singles or Pet Sounds. Worked for me.

sad :(

Honestly this. Sometimes I feel like you guys like obscurity for obscurities sake at the detriment to actual aesthetic pleasure.

In terms of big names.

>Led Zeplin
>Rush
>Any of the new hiphop genre that's been popularized
>Bob Marley
>Dubstep as a genre

>>Bowie

Are you talking about David or some Sup Forums band I've not heard of? Cause David Bowie has some 10/10 jams

>says people have shit taste
>can't experience the journey that Rush's music takes people on

What's the appeal?

not the guys you linked but i like this umf

AnCo
Arcade Fire
Weezer
Tim Hecker

who's this again?

all real human beings like some arcade fire

retards like this are why I dont talk to people about music anymore

I guarantee you havent heard anything that does joy division better than joy division

yeah i honestly don't get it why the fuck do people buy rick ross' albums

he's fucking trash desu

Totally this, as much as I listen to them I can't get into them
Damn really? Radiohead is so fucking good. It's nice if you want to just chill and read a book.
>Carly Rae Jepsen
This makes me sad. Emotion and Emotion B side was so fucking good
Listen to their new album it's different from their past stuff and much more accessible
This fuck that band
How can you not like Wish You Were Here?? Have you even listened to the trifecta? Dark Side of The Moon, The Wall and Animals?
Old Greenday, like Dookie and American Idiot, was good then they sucked for a while, then Revolution Radio came out and it's a pretty solid listen.

I really can't get into Death Grips, I just hear the memes and nothing else.

Danny Brown

they've had 4 completely different sounds over almost 30+ years so you should find at least something you like from either no-wave / gothic rock / experimental post-punk / post-rock days
just listen to spiderland more
it'll come

next time you snort a line of ket listen to UK dubstep and then you'll get it

fuck brostep

modern country music

like what the fuck i get it dirt roads are cool, trucks are fun
the worst part about it is the people who listen to it are the same ones who judge hip hop for "only being about drugs and money and girls" when 90% of the country I've heard on the radio is about beer and money and girls

Deep voice ( sounds stupid sometimes but there are some good ones) and loud and banging beats

Same, I've tried multiple albums multiple times

As a non-american the thought of people actually liking big trucks -tier pop country is so absurd.

i just don't get the appeal at all

a bunch of people at my work like it but they can't actually justify it and they know that i hate it so they just let me change it when i get there now

i can't stand it for more than a few songs

Tom Waits. I just don't get it. At best, some of his stuff is okay, like Blue Valentine. At worst, it sounds like stray cats fucking.

He's the human equivalent to a cigarette, which is cool, and I see the appeal, but it's not for me.

Pixies.

You're not missing out on anything worthwile. Don't worry.

You aren't missing out really.

If you have listened to Howlin' Wolf and Captain Beefheart (Don Van Vliet) you shouldn't have a problem with his voice.

I listen to a lot of artists who have similar voices, like Howlin' Wolf and Mark Lanegan. It's not his voice itself, just how he uses it sometimes. This is the first song of his I ever heard, and I can't get over how terrible it is. Like, I feel it has to be ironic.

youtube.com/watch?v=B6Ta3H-ck6s

this

Long promised road is kino

It could've very well been ironic though. Don went even further.
youtube.com/watch?v=fkzC8RYT1vY
Here's what I consider terrible:
youtube.com/watch?v=ILNdBj_Dg8I
I hardly made it through. And Transformer is a perfect example of an album on which Lou Reed's inability to sing yielded diminishing results.

pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=SSR4J3oLgJk
Truly an amazing and humble human being.

Me too

>Jason Aldean
his music is so complex that you do not need to understand

>">Any of the new hiphop genre that's been popularized"

Save Ferris

Bowie is one the the most diverse artists ever, he makes all type-o shit, how much of it have you heard?

If you don't include The Blue Album and Pinkerton, Weezer are one of the worst bands in history.

>Pic related
>Goldfinger
>Car Seat Headrest (I do like 1937 State Park thou)
>Beyonce
I like all a lot of these artists contemporarys, but I could never get into them.