King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana discussion thread

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Flying Microtonal Banana discussion thread...

This album is great!

I'm more worried about what will be their gimmick for their next album: toy instruments only? a 24h song?

It's a 21 chapter narrated sequel to Nonagon Infinity. Look it up

Gimmick? Really? They're doing something interesting at least and not releasing the tenth I'm In Your Mind Fuzz.

What's everyone's favorite non single? Mines melting

>Dude let's rip off Neu! lmao

Lossless rip whennnnn?

>narrated sequel

Worst album since Eyes Like The Sky incoming?

>dude microtonality lmao
>dude loops lmao
>dude flute lmao
>dude quarters lmao
>dude low pass filter lmao
>dude thee oh sees lmao
>dude thee oh sees lmao
>dude stories lmao
>dude thee oh sees lmao

They're excellent, and ya know what's really cool? It'll be the third album, and the third album sounds just like first one. So, you're guaranteed a good time, ya know? There won't be any surprises. No forward movement.

thanks for this
>dude no fun allowed

king gizzard doesnt sound like thee oh sees though... thee oh sees are more punk rock whereas gizzard is rock with a little pop thrown in who act punk

good album
sleep drifter is really good song

people who don't know anything about music compare a band to thee oh sees if they are a fast paced rock band that uses motorik beats

name one thee oh sees song with a motorik beat that isn't ticklish warrior

the dream

in what world is that a motorik? i thoght motorik was 3 kicks and a snare in a 4/4.

That's a very traditional motorik. This is a common variation where the second kick before the snare is missed. What really defines the motorik beat is the way it pushes on due to the kick at the end of the bar becoming the first kick of the next pair, making it a cyclic beat.

But sure, if you want to be pedantic and go straight up and down traditional motorik:

contraption/soul desert

oh wow i didn't know that, appreciate the info

where can I get this?

How does one start with King gizzard?
>inb4 their first release and up
I want to start with something I'll enjoy and not just waste my time with

Yeah I'm seconding this, if I've never heard their shit should I dive into this new album or start with something else?

Oddments then 12 Bar Bruise then Float Along / Fill Your Lungs.

After those 3 you're ready to jump into any album left.

dont listen to him. Start with Im In Your Mind Fuzz or Nonagon Infinity

def their best albums. take it from a true Gizzhead. I've seen them live a couple times and they always put on a heckin' good show

god motoriks make me so happy

moar motoriks bands pls