talk about it
grade A post-ironic cinema

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AA7VKMU_Mww
youtube.com/watch?v=kD8hbg67u5c
youtube.com/watch?v=oVOTx4Lx3pY.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yea it's pretty good

It's good. Looks good. Been a few years. What's there to say?

Would have been better if the director didn't insert his fucking wive among the teens. This way we have 3 hot and one blatantly average girl who is supposed to fit with the others..

Is it really post-ironic? It just seemed mostly sincere to me

The only movie I ever walked out on and got a refund on my ticket for.

Why is Vanessa such a hot slut...

you should all kill yourselves

She didn't even have the right personality. The other girls fit their roles well, she didn't even seem like someone they would be friends with.

You tell me

Whores! Fornicators!

Benson>Hudgens>Gomez>Franco>Korine

Last Spring Breakers thread was good.

Is there anything to this movie or is it just an excuse to watch jailbait in bikinis?

It's not post ironic for me either. It's an over-the-top story that often gives it's glimpses of true reality. The movie is decent, not a masterpiece as this site believes.

yea it is harmony korine gets it

>the cast of spring breakers will never abuse you

life is pointless

I don't know user it seems almost entirely sincere for me. I'm not 100% on the definition of post-ironic but this movie isn't like Bad Lieutenant or anything

If it was post-ironic I don't think it would work, it works because this is actually how Korine thinks. It's more like photography than filmmaking, but obviously not realistic at all

This 2bh senpai

What the fuck does post ironic mean

Except they aren't jailbait.

Which one's the wife?

LOL WHY IS HER ASS SO POINTY

DISGUSTING

First on the right
The girl who got shot in the arm

Goddamn you normies, Rachel Korine is the sluttiest girl there and I literally jerk it to her several times a day.

>SPRIIIIIIIIIIIING BREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAK
>SPRIIIIIIIIIIIING BREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAK

Spriiiiiiiiiin braaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
spreeeeeeeeeeeee braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
spreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fo eeeeeeeevaaaaaa bissssheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

ayy top pleb

read

best James Franco song

youtube.com/watch?v=AA7VKMU_Mww

LOOK AT MUH SHIT

From Wikipedia:

>Post-irony is a term used to connote a state in which earnest and ironic intents become muddled, or less commonly, a return from irony to earnestness, similar to New Sincerity

The movies most commonly described as post-ironic are Bad Lieutenant nic cage version, I'm Still Here, and The Comedy with Tim and Eric. Other films include this one and other Korine movies, and Synecdoche, New York.

manlet btfo

LOOK AT MY SHIIIIIIEEET

fuck off your flick is shit satire

THIC
H
I
C

>no hips
>no tits
>barely any thighs

Thats not thick. Just fat. Learn the difference

I genuinely and sincerely and unironically cannot tell any of the girls in Spring Breakers apart. If this was by design then bravo

The first guy was completely right and understood the movie. I'm not even sure if the second guy watched it, he just wanted to feel smart.

The reason I say it's not ironic is cause Korine is a fucking wacko, he actually thinks this stuff is cool. Sure, the content of the film is ridiculous but it's always treated with sincerity, it just seems ironic cause it's so cuckoo. I'm not sure if that falls under the definition of post-irony, but it doesn't align with what other films described as post-ironic do.

If her chubby 14 year old body doesn't do it for you, you've got problems m8

It can't be post-ironic because the scenes that seem real would break the scheme. I think some people really liked this movie and try to claim it a masterpiece. It's a good movie but nowhere close as this site think it is.

>Korine is a fucking wacko
Debatable, blatany ptojection

>he believes these things
>projection

>Not so sure it falls under the definition post-ironic
why? what's your defintion of post-irony?

>this thread

Great concept, I love the whole ironic twist on the topic but the characters end up too flat and unremarkable, the plot gets kind of lazy all in all much potential wasted. Still a decent film, the Britney cover gave me weird feels

youtube.com/watch?v=kD8hbg67u5c

*blatant

>I'm gonna kill my besssst friend

\

Honestly, Korine is a genius. It takes a special talent to make something like Gummo or Spring Breakers work

she looks like a really bad bitch

sweet jesus

please stop posting this ugly fucking bitch. she's almost as gross as elle

Ashley Benson making the same gormless expression in every fucking piece of promotional material for this film is infuriating. Smile you fucking bitch.

>what's your defintion of post-irony?

Bad Lieutenant: Port of call new orleans. The movie has a ridiculous plot and over-the-top acting, but also has serious elements like the characterization and depiction of the setting. The movie wants to entertain by intentionally telling a hokey story, but also has serious comments on America and racism. But most importantly it knows it's not real, it's not trying to be sincere.

If something like this was in Spring Breakers it would stick out like a sore thumb: youtube.com/watch?v=oVOTx4Lx3pY. Everybody in Spring Breakers is taking it seriously, especially the director, it just seems ironic because of how his mildly artsy direction and serious tone contrasts with the cuckoo plot, but it's done with sincerity. There's nothing ironic about filming people partying on the beach with Skrillex playing, Korine just wanted to capture the image and the ethos of this era and he did it in a pretty skilled fashion.

didn't she have severe depression some time back?
>hollywood
>depression

>Proper BD rip has no seeders
JUST

>tfw no best emma
couldve been goat

well seeded on PTP ;^)

>. The movie has a ridiculous plot and over-the-top acting, but also has serious elements like the characterization and depiction of the setting. The movie wants to entertain by intentionally telling a hokey story, but also has serious comments on America
Congratulations, you've just described SB

>Everybody in Spring Breakers is taking it seriously, especially the director, it just seems ironic because of how his mildly artsy direction and serious tone contrasts with the cuckoo plot,
Again, take it easy with the projections. I'd expand further, but my phone's almost out of battery. :)

delete this

>HEY MOMMMMMMMM

>MOM

>I POSTED IT AGAIN

reminder Sup Forums killed Sup Forums
Sup Forums means Sup Forumsam

what happened to her feet ;_;

with emma stone there would've been two ugly girls instead of just one.

bitch was too skinny

The lipstick mark on her sexual sole is the same color as the lipstick on her lips, so I assume that she gave her sexual sole a few kisses.

oh is she a rug muncher?

you bitches need to get beaten

Would you suck her toes?

She just doesn't fit into the movie, she looks like one of those christian girls that never sinned in her life and bitch is also anorexic.

I would suck every single, solitary inch of her. The woman is just pure sex as far as I'm concerned.

Vanessa has the perfect ass.

these people are fucking disgusting

they are not """""""""""""""human"""""""""""""""

you footfags are literally degenerates, please end your lives for the benefit of humanity

can you honestly say you wouldn't rub her feet?

reddit, please leave.

These have been some fucking pleb pictures and resolutions.

no, that's disgusting

I'm pretty sure reddit would disagree with me, having such shit taste

don't ask me rhetorical questions

The film deals with how female empowerment is linked to the apprecation (destruction) of black thug culture tbqh.

It ends with two white girls shooting up a horde of blacks and riding off into the sunset.

Since Harmony is all about pop culture, I guess what he wants to say is "What is more important? To celebrate black (Hip Hop) culture, which would result in putting down women since black culture is misogynistic, or to celebrate feminism instead, which would result in putting down the blacks?"

The two most important social movements right now are black pride and feminism, but many times those two are natural enemies.

PUDGENS FOREVER

Will she ever get fat again bros? We need to get her off of coke.

>there will never be a springbreakers 2 where riff raff is james franco's brother that gets out of jail

She's a lot hotter than Selena (not that big of an accomplishment though) but she can't do sultry eyes.

Nope. They supported a drug dealer who worshipped "black culture", just because the other drug dealer is black it doesn't make him an arquetype of black culture.

MUH DIIIIIIICK

This is nothing close to a masterpiece you fucking faggot.

This girl was made for Coachella.

>final shot is upside down
What did he mean by this?

We dont like quarterbacks here.

It means they'll have to poo upside down from now on.

>ywn fudge the hudge pudge

cept me on account of these numbers

That's not what thicc is. Confirmed for underage beta virgin.

oh god

No love for Selena?