Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/14uomvns
youtube.com/watch?v=wcN_AEOQv4s
youtube.com/watch?v=xgshGIOtvVI
clyp.it/g0gbdvwl
youtube.com/watch?v=RIrG6xBW5Wk
clyp.it/5do1t4tb
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVnCyDoQlQ
ebay.com/itm/JACKSON-SLX-SOLOIST-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-IN-FACTORY-SEALED-BOX-/302205914706
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Go Gibson or Go Home

why would you ever need more than 2 guitars

one shitty one nice

Different tunings, different pickups, ERGs, different feel

So a tele and a strat?

schecter or bust

no he said one shitty one nice, not two shitty

So by your logic it'd be a strat and a charvel right?

strat and someting that isnt shit in terms of personal taste
strat is shit which is a fact

wrong

[citation needed]

Hey /gg/, what have you been playing/practicing lately? Go to clyp or vocaroo and record something, any skill level is fine. We should play guitar more often in the guitar thread.

Never see enough acoustics in these threads.

Looking to restring my first electric guitar

It's an ibanez gax 30 if that makes a difference.

What strings should I get? Mainly looking to play blues and rock/metal.

If you break strings a lot, get 10s or 11s. If you bend them a lot and don't want to strain your fingers, get 9s. Play those for a while until you can figure out if you want to go up or down in gauge on any string. Personally, I like having light (but not too light) strings up top for bending (10-13-17) and relatively heavy strings in the bottom so chugga-chugga sounds nicer and I can hit chords harder.
No idea about material (other than don't use nylon on an electric, duh) and different winding techniques.

Thanks mate.
I haven't broken a string yet I'm just a beginner but the strings on the guitar were a few years old when I got it.

I'm looking at these ernie ball slinkys-

They both say 9 but 9-42 and 9-46
The 9-46 is just heavier/thicker on the lower sttrings?

ty for answering newfag questions

And so begins the first day of waiting for this edge machine.
Jackson's site says it goes for $1200, got it new for $700.

Roast me.

Everyone roasting you just doesn't think they're cool enough to own that beast.

Why would you be roasted for a good deal on a guitar you want?

Not really working on anything serious these days, though I'm playing constantly when I'm home.

clyp.it/14uomvns

My Yamaha acoustic is my favorite guitar, don't have any pics though :\

Just found me a pair of free 12 string acoustics and am in the process of cleaning and polishing them up.

One is a Legend brand and the other is unmarked. I don't think they're anything special because the machine heads are pretty basic. I reckon they're about 10-15 years old, maybe more.

Desperately need some fretboard oil.

>clyp.it/14uomvns
Very nice, would jam with

P90 pickups are lit af

Doom metal on a '72 tele deluxe. Am I doing it right, lads?

Ausfags. When do you think shops will start stocking these bad boys?

Yes, in general it lists the thickness of the highest string and the lowest string. Those are a good start. Choose one (doesn't really matter which) and stick to it for a while.
I suggest trying to get like packs of 3 or 10 sets on ebay, that comes out cheaper than buying individual ones. If you notice them going out of tune a lot, intonation going bad (i.e. when you play a flageolet tone at the 12th fret, the note is sharp or flat compared to properly fretting it there) or them sounding like shit, change them.
Have fun!

What are you listening to /gg/
youtube.com/watch?v=wcN_AEOQv4s

youtube.com/watch?v=xgshGIOtvVI

Is there a theory behind making riffs?
Or is it all just a huge incestuous orgy of guitarists playing the songs they like and then coming up with a mash up of their influences?

Took me almost an hour to make a recording I was satisfied with.

clyp.it/g0gbdvwl

It's not the whole song, I have all the notes written down but haven't made the time to learn the rest of it. Also not at speed either but whatever. I should get something for this shit, my arm hurts.

Pic related is my guitar, I wish I had something else though to be honest.

Music of the Baroque and Renaissance era.

Got a new guitar today. Picked it up from guitar center used from back in my old hometown. It desperately needs strings and a setup but I've never done one with a Floyd. Any tips?

sell it and get something without a meme bridge

whoops forgot pic

THROW SOME D'S ON THAT

Pretty good man, how are you going about learning this? Standard notation?

ear

show me that skeletons ass I need to see it

Scales

E Pro by Beck is E minor for example. The first note is E. Doesn't have to start with the first note of the scale though.

Pentatonic you have less notes that give your a more rock sound. I like to make riffs with the major or minor scale.

Mess around with a few notes and make a repetitive phrase that sounds good to you. Maybe add a variation on the third or fourth bar.

youtube.com/watch?v=RIrG6xBW5Wk

Saw this from another thread and was interested in getting an amp to play small gigs. Is this good amp? I love clean sounds. Don't really care for all the effects and shit.

clyp.it/5do1t4tb

Here's a quick guit, bass, and midi-drum thing

Thats cause all the faggots are playing offsets now

Doom larping is common around these parts

There needs to be a middle ground

breddy gud

thanks m8

I've always been against Les Pauls. Theyve always semed like the stock standard, vanilla, cheeseburger and french fries way of doing things.

But I realized I had this mindset and had never even tried one. So the other week, I went to the big city to one of those big guitar stores that have like couple thousand dollar LPs just sitting out on the floor. Here we are lucky to see $500 BC Rich's hanging on the wall. I do all my shopping online for that reason.

Anyway,. I tried this thing. And then a real Gibson. And then another and another.

I can't believe it but it's completely changed my perspective. I was able to try a bunch of different guitars as well and I couldn't find one that came close to suiting me. I bought this one. I just couldn't afforda real gibson, but damn this thing is amazing.

I was an ESP man, and I still am, but now just love LPs too.

Nothing beats a Les Paul for those creamy melancholic lead tones. Body is too small for me though.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVnCyDoQlQ

Epiphone has really stepped their game up. The biggest issue they tend to have is rough but still playable fretwork. I had a mid 2000s g400 and i couldnt intonate the high e, it wouldnt stay in tune, sounded pretty meh. I tried a 2016 g400 and it blew my mind, i bought it. It cost me $80 less than the 2006 or 7 one did.

Im honestly very surprised. Thinking about putting some gibson dirty fingers in and some gibson tuners, just cause i like tinkering, its fine now.

So I'm in the market for a new guitar and I'm looking for a few things
>24 frets
>whammy bar
>H/S/H pickup set up
>less than 400 euros
An Ibanez caught my eye, mostly due to it's finish but I read a few reviews and people seem quite pleased with it, it's about 350 euros so well within my budget, but fi anyone knows of an alternative I'd be grateful
anyone have experience with middle of the road priced Ibanez guitars? All I have now is a copy of an SG I got with my starter pack and while it's great for the amount I paid for it, I feel like I need a better guitar with more features

>orange on black
get a different paint job wew lad

GIOs are total shit dude.They're like the lowest possible quality in Ibanez guitars. Maybe you can find a Jackson SLX for the same price?

ebay.com/itm/JACKSON-SLX-SOLOIST-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-IN-FACTORY-SEALED-BOX-/302205914706

whats everyones opinion on low(ish) wattage lunchbox style amps? do they offer good bang for your buck or are they just a meme that sound worse than their bigger brothers?

it's red, and even if it were orange, why would I give a shit what other people think if I find it cool and it stands out more than a generic all black finish

really? damn that's a shame cause I really fell in love with the paint scheme, but I guess I'll keep searching, I was thinking of getting a Jackson but none have caught my eye yet

I am tossing up between an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro and the Gibson Tribute coming out this year.

The Epi is only about $900 but the Gibson is $1470. I've always liked the white custom but the real Gibson version is like $6k. The new tribute in honeyburst looks pretty sweet. Not sure if it's really worth another $600 pretty much.

Any thoughts or experiences of either instrument? Cheers.

(Prices are in Australian dollar)

If you like it then w/e but that looks fucking mank

I dig it.

I can find out for you tomorrow if you like?

Watch some tutorials first. Setting up a floyd is easy, it just takes a bit of patience the first time.

Used RG550. Will blow a GRG250DX away and you should be able to find one for 350-400 euros.

Plus you can get them in fluro red and yellow.

I don't like them myself, but they're very useful for a lot of people. I live in the middle of nowhere so noise isn't really a concern for me.

>I can find out for you tomorrow if you like?
Would really appreciate it mate. I have heard that March 1st is the date for Andertons in the UK and apparently in the past, UK dates have been pretty similar to ours. Don't know how true that is as I haven't observed it in the past.

Anyway, thanks mate. I will definitely be on here tomorrow.

Gibson tribute fan here. Gonn abe picking one up. I am . Waiting for them to come out here in Aus too.

I have a contact at the distributor. If there's a release date he'll know it. I'll call him tomorrow.

I envy you, living in council estates is shite. I'm coming to the conclusion that damn near all of those lunchbox amps are gimmicky.

I can sympathize. A friend of mine bought my old 6505 and lives in a townhouse. He can almost never use the thing.

That had me bobbing my head a little bit

I like mine. It can still get louder than I need

Get any amp you want and use an attenuator, no reason to be a slave to the neighbors ears.

>playing acoustic with a pick
>pedal boards
>"I don't need to know theory, I play by ear"
>Gibson guitars
>metal guitars
>not being able to read music
>digital tuners
>loop pedals
>playing sitting down with your legs crossed and your eyes closed

"kek"

This is sweet dude, great job :)

I agree with every single one of these apart from the Gibson thing.

You ever play a real Custom? Goddamn one of the best guitars I've ever touched. Almost 5 grand though.

I've played les pauls and they're not terrible. I mainly threw it in for delicious (you)'s.

Everything else I will go to war over.

How good are they with overdrive >toan quality? Never played with one before.

whats wrong with loop pedals?

How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man ?

>american education

Lighter weight and smaller make gigging a breeze. A lot less clean headroom with some of them. I still have some 100w tube heads though for gigging loud music.

At first i thought this was a picture of me

how much does the mother of pearl inlay improve the tone ?

Not at all, but it's easily the best sounding guitar I've ever played.

Your mother improves my tone

what's the nut made of ?

Nut and saddle are bone.

I just live next to a national park. Problem solved.

is good

although, I'm more of a Taylor man myself

>$400 metal guitar

WEW

What's the difference between the Studio and the Studio Deluxe? Also, is it safe to buy a white guitar or it will get grimy?

Bruh, I get that Misha makes enough money to get by, and gets fat discounts, but how the fuck does he afford all this stuff. Gear, vidyagames, vinyl, that's gotta add up

Also has an M3 and a GTR.

Oh wow. I don't get it

>falling for le brand name meme
learn to make a junkcaster or kys

Who makes quality, custom hardshell cases nowadays? I have a Kelly and the SKB plastic case it was shipped with is flimsy as fuck, the shape is pants on heads retarded and the actual mold inside the case is made to fit three different guitars so mine isn't perfectly still inside.
Would it be worth it to track down an actual Jackson/Charvel rectangular case? Were they any more solid than those plastic pieces of shit?
Pic related, nobody wants to put their instrument in something that has PLASTIC handles and locks.

Hiscox

>
>is good
>although, I'm more of a Taylor man myself
Stop avatar fagging

Just bought my first guitar I'm now a qualified shitposter.

What's with the doggos? Do we now have birds AND doggos?

lel that is one vintage website, takes me back. I'll email them, thanks.

What did you get?

Never visited the homepage, damn that's funny. I only own their regular classical model but I know that they make a standard body type electrical series as well and my former teacher had a custom one made for only a little price difference.
IMO the absolute best you can get for that shell type case that doesn't weigh a tonne like a wooden one. Out of everything I have, including a Gibson case, it's the best by far