Just finished watching the first movie. Why is Dumbledore such an asshole? What did the Slytherins do to piss him off?

Just finished watching the first movie. Why is Dumbledore such an asshole? What did the Slytherins do to piss him off?

Seriously, they deck the great hall out in Slytherin colors, get the Slytherins hopes all up only to dash them with his "last minute points." Like he probably had the points planned all along, why not just have them in and be transparent about it instead of all underhanded?

Seriously what did these guys ever do? Sure ok the blonde kid is a bit of a bully. Professor Snape is clearly a bit of a harsh teacher but I wouldn't call him unfair, plus apparently he was the one trying to save Harry on the broomstick afterall.

Why does it seem the whole school, staff included just freaking hate these kids? Even at the start, Professor Mcgonnagall at the start when she lists the houses, she's all perky when she says Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff then she basically spits Slytherin. Jesus people these are kids!

I'm guessing Voldemort was probably a Slytherin (based on Ron's line "every wizard whoever went bad was in Slytherin) Does that mean that every one who is ever in Slytherin is bad? Surely not, they're just kids for chrissakes.

>but I wouldn't call him unfair

this meme needs to stop.

When will mobile posting be banned?

YOU BALL-LESS GIT CAMPBELL

Shitty books with shitty writing. That's literally the answer.

>muh school good boy points

Why are Slytherins such crybabies? they don't give a shit when Snape takes points from Gryffindor for no reason, but pretend it's not fair when Dumbledore gifts points to Gryffindor for saving the world and overcoming magical obstacles.

Why should I be banned for this thread? It's a legitimate question. If Dumbledore was just gonna give all of those extra points to Gryffindor, then why the heck did he wait until after he had declared Slytherin the winner and decked the great hall out in their colors? All the kids in Slytherin were happy to win and then Dumbledore just crushes them. It takes a real asshole to get a bunch of kids spirits up like that only to crush them immediately after. What was Dumbledore's problem?

literally this

I mean, I don't think anyone is arguing that the points that Dumbledore awarded to Gryffindor were undeserved, I totally understand why Dumbledore would award those points.

However, what I don't get is why he waited to award those points to Gryffindor until after he had made it seem like Slytherin had won. All the kids in Slytherin were so happy to have thought the won, and then he just crushes them by awarding Gryffindor those points. What is wrong with him? Their kids for petes sake, award the points beforehand, not after you made it seem to all the kids that Slythern had won.

>If Dumbledore was just gonna give all of those extra points to Gryffindor, then why the heck did he wait until after he had declared Slytherin the winner and decked the great hall out in their colors?

Because otherwise Snape would have found some excuse to give Slytherin more points/take points from Gryffindor. Dumbledore was just sticking it to that manchild cuck.

But in the process he had crushed the souls of countless children. Besides, I don't think that was Dumbledores true intention because Snape was in no position to take away or add any points at that time, and Dumbledore as the headmaster could have overridden Snape's decision. Dumbledore was just being a complete asshole, but why?

Why? Well its because Harry potter is one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>because Snape was in no position to take away or add any points at that time

Uh, yes, he was. And Dumbledore didn't want to turn it into a points war.

The entire thing is fucking retarded though. Those points give them literally nothing, no benefits whatsoever, other than having their colors in the year end feast. Don't know why they even give a shit about losing them.

>Uh, yes, he was.

No, no he wasn't. The headmaster was giving his speech, some professor was in no right to interrupt him and wouldn't have been able to get away with it. And again, if Snape had even tried to do so, it would have been obvious that he was only doing so because he wanted Slytherin to win and Dumbledore could have overridden his decision. Furthermore, if Dumbledore was really concerned about Snape adding or taking away points, he could have offered Snape the chance to do so, then Dumbledore could have added the points to Gryffindor. Dumbledore is just an asshole.

>Don't know why they even give a shit about losing them.

Because they're little kids, and Dumbledore is an asshole for emotionally crushing them like that.

>atlas shrugged
>god tier

>The headmaster was giving his speech,
Yes, and he had to mention the current point balance before adding to them. Wasn't his fault that the Slyths jumped into conclusions.

>Furthermore, if Dumbledore was really concerned about Snape adding or taking away points, he could have offered Snape the chance to do so, then Dumbledore could have added the points to Gryffindor

This is what I mean by "points war".

Dumbledore is an asshole, but so is Snape and most of the Slytherins, so it's ok.

Slytherin is basically the Waffen-SS of Hogwarts and thats why the liberal cunt Dumbledore hates them

Yes very good point user, very good point.

More like the SA. The SS at least were effective and not a bunch of edgy bitches.

>why should i be banned for shitposting?

oh I don't know let me think

So to avoid a "point-war" he instead crushes the spirits of dozens of young children? That doesn't make him any less of an asshole. If he was really concerned about Snape's possible behavior saying something along the lines of, "Now before I continue does anyone else have any last minute point additions or deductions?" would have been much more appropiate

How am I shitposting? Go back to readdit if you don't want actual movie discussion and just want to circlejerk over GoT, capeshit and star wars all day, faggot.

HOWEVER

>How am I shitposting? Go back to readdit if you don't want actual movie discussion and just want to circlejerk over GoT, capeshit and star wars all day, faggot.
>he says as he spam these garbage threads almost every day
Fucking adorable, mobile poster

This is the first thread I made on Sup Forums in weeks buddy.

>Go back to readdit if you don't want actual movie discussion and just want to circlejerk over GoT, capeshit and star wars all day
>harry porter thread
u 2 Sup Forumsedditor.

Plus I'm posting on my PC not my phone you dolt.

you seriously think harry potter is better than game of thrones or capeshit?
You do realize these movies and books are geared towards your age group, right? (10-17)

you're a deluded little boy

Why didn't they just gas house Slytherin?

I'm 21 senpai.

>Why should I be banned for this thread?
>that image
>that image history
>"Hi, I'm Louis with the BBC."
You should be banned for being Sup Forums garbage if anything meme hustler.

HARRY YOU FUCKING WHORES SON LITTLE FUCKING SCAR FACED FUCKING SHITWIT FAGGOT DID YOU PUT YOUR FUCKING STUPID ASS MUGGLE TIER FUCKING SHITBOY NAME INTO THE GOD FUCKING DAMN GOBLET OF FIRE YOU FUCKING CUNT

This, the minute Dumbledore started talking about giving out more points Snape should've stood up and started giving as many points as he could to Slytherin. The movie could have ended with the kids sidling out of the great hall while Snape and Dumbledore are still trying to out-points each other

oh jeez that's even worse
I feel so bad for you

Go home Weasel

I haven't been on Sup Forums since I first started coming here in 2009.

Why?

Then why do you still post like you're a Sup Forumsabby? Go home meme tourist

They made them sleep and live in the moldy dungeons, that's as good as gassing.

I don't understand, why is trying to have a discussion about Harry Potter considered Sup Forums? And why are you so triggered over someone trying to discuss Harry Potter on the Television and Film board of an anime website?

Because they can already magically identify bad people and sort them into the crappiest house.

Yes, yes, good observation OP...
HOWEVER

But Snape was from Slytherin and he was a good guy... And if the implication you're making is that all people from Slytherin are bad then why are they giving them a magical education to begin with?

However what?

>trying to out-points each other

See and

>11 year old kid literally delays the return of the most evil wizard ever for another 3 years and let's Dumbledore get his shit together, with literally nothing but two of his friends and a lot of skill and luck through security tighter than a fucking bank full of dragons and shit
>Gryffindor were winning anyway but got punished because a member of staff was illegally breeding a dragon and they took the fall, Dumbledore would have been well aware of this
>Slytherin were getting free points because of Snape, who was also docking points from Gryffindor
>NOBODY wanted the cheating cunts to win again, as they had done for 7 years beforehand, even Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw wanted Slytherin to lose.
>Neville also deserved a reward because he was technically doing the right thing
>The cup doesn't mean anything anyway, it was just a stupid trophy

If you actually think Dumbledore did anything wrong then you are either a hufflecuck or a slythershit

So you are upset because I posted a picture of Louis CK and want to discuss Harry Potter? You should go outside if those things upset you that much famalam.

>famalam
This just keeps getting better and better. Your beating around the bush is top notch, Sup Forumsabby

>20 minutes into House Cup and chill and he give you this look

Because the world still needs potion teachers.

I don't understand, how is saying famalam Sup Forums?

>he thinks Harry delayed his return
Voldemort was never going to get past Dumbledore's mirror. Actually, Harry made it worse because him being there meant the stone could be taken out of it. If he and his friends hadn't done anything, Voldemort would've still been pondering over the mirror when Dumbledore returned, and Dumbledore might've even been able to capture him.

>And if the implication you're making is that all people from Slytherin are bad

No one makes this implication, dumbass. There were a bunch of good guy Slytherins. It's just that it's the house that churns out the most dickheads due to its necessary qualities.

>famalam
>cuck poster
>louis ck poster
>harry potter flavor of the week meme poster
I can only imagine how much more garbage attempts at meme posting you'e done since arriving here in 2014.

>pompeii

Is this a meme I haven't heard about?

The poster I was replying to did make that implication.

Actually I arrived here in 2009 when I was a young boy in the 9th grade. Also why do you consider a discussion about Harry Potter "memeposting"?

dumb tumblr/sp/ or whatever kind of memers you are

kill yourselves, memes over a childrens movie/shit book series

Why do memes upset you so much? This is Sup Forums famalam.

If you honestly care, then let me give you some made-up lore to help explain things.

What the sorting hat does is look into the core desire of a person. What do they ultimately want to do with their life?

If a person's core drive is "I want to make things BETTER," then they are a Griffindor (fuck spelling) - overbearing, everyone-should-see-things-my-way, generic hero types of varying effectiveness. If a person has the core of "I want to know how it WORKS," that's a Ravenclaw. If a person has "I want to be the BEST," that's a Slytherin. And those who don't really know, and are kind of just there - Hufflepuff.

Remember the Hat said Potter was supposed to go into Slytherin. His REAL core is to be the best. But he also has a strong drive to protect. To do good. To make things better. That or the Hat lied and forced him there to fit the agenda of Dumbledore.

Either way - this would explain why all the "bad" people come from Slytherin. Slytherins have a core of being the best, and those that wish this without regard to other's feelings or welfare are who we consider bad. Doesn't mean all Slytherin will be bad.

Now, this doesn't explain why all the teachers hate Slytherin. That I think is explained by their elitist, xenophobic ways. This is also seen in their ability to only see two solutions to muggles: hide their awesome power from the world, or enslave the world with their awesome power.

>made-up lore

Stopped reading there desu. I'm not here for fanfcition, I'm here to see if Dumbledore had a legitimate reason for crushing the spirits of dozens of young children or if he is simply just an asshole.

To continue, perhaps there is some meta-coaching going on with the teachers. Perhaps they always make Slytherins lose because they know nothing makes them strive harder than trying to beat the other team, to be the best.

Griffindor isn't motivated so much by being the best so much as just triumphing. By being RIGHT. So they're given QUESTS and PROPHECIES and MEANING and are given last-minute HOWEVERS so they just barely win and can feel smug in their righteousness and keep working to make the world better. Ravenclaws probably like mystery and so they tuck them away in a little corner and we never hear from them. Same with Hufflepuff, but that's because they like comfy, slow, background homesteading.

The legitimate reason is bad writing. You want a decent explanation, you'll have to make it up.

>book for children
>club full of evil kids
that's it. you're done. it's written by a hack writer.

The house of Slytherin represents the white race and Dumbledore the Jew

>1984 above brave new world

Yes, yes, well done user. Well done.

HOWEVER. TELL ME ABOUT BANE.

>But Snape was from Slytherin and he was a good guy

He joined the wizard nazis and only got out because he realized that his boss was going to kill his waifu.

>being this new
>thinking pompeii is good is considered a quote unquote "meme"
hello newfriend

Somebody post the the video with that max ritcher song.

>2009
>9TH GRADE

UNDERAGE B& GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

>Highest art of filmmaking
>Inherent Vice
>Pompeii

you're typically 13-14 in 9th grade

UNDERAGE B& GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

>Atlas Shrugged
This meme needs to end NOW

Hehehe

I finished 9th grade in 2009, now I'm 22

Another thing that pissed me off is the huge forgone opportunity for the last book

Slytherin are bad apples at the start of harry potter and the end of harry potter, so what was the point of keeping them around? The hat is an asshole detector, send them home. Don't train them.

So slytherin are supposed to be ambitious and self-serving, not *necessarily* evil. She could've proven this in deathly hollows. Instead of bending over and aiding and abetting voldemort in conquering hogwarts, slytherin should've decided hogwarts belongs to slytherin. You know, like actually cut throat and selfish people do. Instead slytherin apparently obeys the most evil person with power at the time. Voldemort shouldn't have been the boss of slytherin. Slytherin has no boss because everyone in slytherin believes they are in charge and the world belongs to them. Take that shit.

So the question of why they are a house would finally be answered. Gryffindor is brave, but they lack slytherin's brutality and sense of entitlement.

This is bait, right? Are you seriously suggesting any of those hipster movies are better than the HP series?

>What did the Slytherins do to piss him off?
Voldemort

>Most evil wizard was in that house 50 years ago
>Still has a grudge against the entire house

>Dumbleposting is already dead
Will anything ever top Baneposting?

And I agree, Dumbledore was a total asshole for doing that, Griffindor had merit but why the fuck would you hype Slytherin just to destroy their hopes five seconds later, why in the hell couldn't he just give the final points from the get-go, I get it that J.K. Rowling wanted to create cheap last-minute drama but damn that was really out of character

Orcposting was nice for the week and a half that it lasted

slytherin is literally the house for bad children.

When you kill yourself.

I liked Army Dog posting the best personally but I've known people orc posting irl for years

I miss 2015. It was really fun to be posting on Sup Forums

Well he was still alive and fucking around

Besides, name one Slytherin student that wasn't an insolent little shit

>they deck the great hall out in Slytherin colors, get the Slytherins hopes all up only to dash them with his "last minute points." Like he probably had the points planned all along, why not just have them in and be transparent about it instead of all underhanded?
to surprise the audience

Christ, just off yourself

This, desu

I mean a lot of Slytherins would come in to the hall confused as fuck as to how Griffindor suddenly took the lead overnight, but at least Dumbledore would be able to say "Yeah last night three first years defeated an incredibly powerful dark wizard, so I gave them quite a few house points for that, if you don't like it tough shit"

>Severus we keep getting complaints about you being unfair in Potions if you don't cut that shit out I fucking swear I'll never let Slytherin win the house cup again
>RITE I FUKKEN WARNED U CUNT

>Why does it seem the whole school, staff included just freaking hate these kids?
Every single one of them is a cunt. Every single one.

>What did the Slytherins do to piss him off?
The big question is why are they allowed to exist. Literally no good reason.

And then there never really was any moments when Harry showed his more Slutherin side which makes me wonder why the hell he was initially placed there.

>But Snape was from Slytherin and he was a good guy
He was just slightly less evil

and even then Dumbledore says in reference to Snape
>You know, I sometimes think we Sort too soon

>house full of prickshits
>WHY DO PEOPLE HATE US
>FUCKING WORMIES REEEEEE

Dumbledore was the villain and Gryffindor was his cult.

The house cup was like fucking mario party and griffindor was given the win for what amounts to landing on a ? Space

That chart triggers me so bad... I know it's for trolls but fuck

Pretty sure you're a mobile shitposter yourself