Now you see me

>scientology propaganda
>god tier

go away pleb

This little indie gem, not sure if any of you heard of it

One And Two.

good choices, HOWEVER!

kek you put this at god tier kys

One of the worst movies I ever saw(well, I saw half of it, couldn't take more)

kek you responded and said nothing kys

your special snowflake syndrome is showing a bit mate, that movie is widely regarded as top tier, even by normies

>Tom is in it
>scientology propaganda
so what? Top Gun is scientology propaganda too i guess?

If you don't realise that top gun is scientology propaganda you must really be retarded. Kys

Srsly? Sauce

>God tier
>Tom Cruise

Pick one

It's okay, bit pretentious

First movie I ever saw in the theater, was about 6 years old.

My aunt took my cousin, and out of pity, she took me and my brother as well. My parents were fighting all day, every day at the time until my mom an heroed a couple of months or so later. It's one of the very view happy childhood memories I have.

tom curise is a brilliant actor, ppl just hate him bc the scientology thing.

It's the Tom Cruise is a bad actor meme again, oh boy.

The first have is totally different from what I expected (expected a cool time-travel sci-fi flick, got a weird looking dude talking to the bar tender for almost all of the first hour), but it's absolutely amazing

Trully god tier, one of the best scifi of our time

One of my all time favorites. I really don't get why this masterpiece is hardly known nowadays.

Holy shit, ihope you are 12 and grow up soon

This.

Psychological horror.
Watched it when high. Blew my mind.

lol @ "indie" - fuck you're a troll or a retard.

You are a not my son!

careful pal, those are some sharp edges you got there

ants dont deserve to watch movies

more god damn ants watching my movies and breathing my air

my birthday is on dec 10

:)

One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Apocalypse now
Good Will Hunting
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
The Deer Hunter
First blood
Jagten
Heat

etc.

Only one here with a good taste.

It's amazing how it took so long for DeNiro and Pacino to star in the same movie, but as they say: when you wait for something good, you never wait too long.

swedish movie/book is better

A BASTARD IN A BASKET

lol you sir have great taste... best acting performance ever

yeah i like that camera shot where deniro pistol whips that crazy guy in the hotel it goes 1st person

/bow

a true gem not known by the mass

everyone needs to see this one

>It's amazing how it took so long for De Niro and Pacino to star in the same movie

Well, they both had a leading role in the second Godfather movie, 2 decades before Heat. Though they never appeared on screen together in that one. Even in Heat, they only have two scenes together - the one in the coffee shop is absolutely awesome, in particular due to the long build up (both on and off-screen).

Watching Narcos in the last few weeks reminded my of this gem. For me, it's up there with Goodfellas and the like.

>15 years old
>Transformers
>Linkin Park
>Monster Energy
>Mountain Dew
>Call of Duty on PS4
>Leagues/Overwatch on PC
>I watch MMA starter pack apparel

does that fit you, OP?

I have so many favorite scenes in this movie! One of them is the armored bank truck heist - it's so fucking intense. I was so god damn happy when I got to play a similar heist in GTA V. The game has so many references to Heat - Micheal is very much like Neal, Trevor is similar to Waingro, the armored truck heist, the bank rob job, the "one final score"-theme...

I used that to finally watch Heat together with some friends who haven't seen it before.

I'm licherally 15 and I can't comprehend this shit, there's no way I could sit through the whole film

That's true, but they never played the main characters in The Godfather 2, which is mostly what I was getting at. And yeah, the coffee shop scene is great.

Also, De Niro > Pacino.

Monster is alright, plus its cheaper than coffee

Mods underage b&

American History X

He WAS a brilliant actor, but that shit fails to shine post-90s.

He's just decent now, people hate him today because
1- scientology shit,
2- his perfectionist persona, i'm just too good, u know it, i know it, but i'm still down to earth chill af
3- the roles he keeps getting today, it's all number 2 again (oblivions, m:i, reacher etc), larger than life, super critical genius, flawless character

>Also, De Niro > Pacino.

In terms of acting skills, I have to agree. Especially, since Pacino's shouting is a bit over the top in his later movies.

However, being a rather quiet and thoughtful guy, I always liked his over the top, flamboyant and "loud" characters. Vincent Hannah is the prime example for this, but also Tony Montana and Carlito Brigante

>only one here with a good taste (heh, other than me)

foh fam

This is the most boring fucking movie ever made, I tried to watch it like 3 times and kept falling asleep.

No Country For Old Men is by far better than this.

False
Whiplash is Shit tier movie.

Flimsy false premise that you have to be 'forced' into practicing can't do because of love of music

As many power tripping self-absorbed music instructors prove the stereo type true- the plot is still wholy predictable and entirely deus ex machina. Someone watch it and tell me you couldn't see the ending coming?

Real Synopsis- Person in power acts shitty to person out of power.- Study of psychology.

Only thing worse than the movie is the fanboys that embrace the romanticized notion of abuse is the only way to motivate people.-Don't have children you in your atrophied mental state and raise them in this way- you're contributing to the fall of civilization.

Artists/scientists who are historically the most successful are driven, not easily deterred and observant; making corrections. Mozart still writing symphonies even after deafness. George Friederic Handell cranking out his greatest work in 3 weeks.

Anyone who ACTUALLY compare this movie to REALITY is a skilled disillutionist; which must first embrace deceiving themselves before; watches one movie like Whiplash and assumes expert level.

Seriously you are right up there with "being able to sight read music prevents improvisation"- SORRY that isn't how the mind works either- As with language or any other developed skill- when you are fluent you can
"code switch" seamlessly.

And now because some stupid people made a movie and others will take it as higher authority than actual scientific proof people will have to spend the few decades listening to morons repudiating this same Bull Shit.

Any time someone mentions Whiplash as 'quality' or the mark of realism remember it is an instant litmus test for bull shitter, non-critical thinker, or the good ol' fashioned denotation of ignorance; i.e. they are so ignorant they can't realize how ignorant they truly are.

The truly intelligent realize how fast knowledge snowballs, collaborate and specialize.

woops, forgot meme arrow on that one

so yeah it was supposed to be greentext'd

This thread has better suggestions than the whole Sup Forums board

i really liked edge of tomorrow.

then i read the manga its based on and suddenly the movies ending turned to shit *sigh*

Did you know it's actually a remake

I was told about it in a letter from my Dad

A remake? Wasn't there some sort of TV series or something?

Don't get me wrong, I also like his characters. Or should I say, character - he only has the one. De Niro has shown an amazing depth and variety throughout his career, from Raging Bull to Deer Hunter to Heat to lamer comedies in recent years.

I'm not going to apologize for having a superior taste.

yeah its pretty good

You must be out of touch, half of this is 15 year olds ten years ago

That was based on a manga?

Thats why it felt so weird to watch

Terence Flethcher is not you dad dude. Chill the fuck out.

Now you see me? That movie is pure Cowshit.

LA Takedown an earlier Mann movie. It's not 100% the same but some scenes are literally word for word the same.

>Don't get me wrong

Like I said before, I don't disagree with you on De Niro > Pacino,. Objectively, De Niro is the better actor. However, on a personal level, I tend to like Pacino's characters and their stories much more. Carlito Brigante for example.

>he only has the one
Yeah, most Pacino's famous roles are actually more or less the same character, with the notable exception of Michael Corleone.

the manga was much weirder - hollywood added its typical generic touch. parts of the movie were an improvement, maybe, but overall i preferred the original story.

theres actually 2 versions of the manga, one based on the american movie, and the original 'all you need is kill' based on a light novel...

Japanese novel. It became a manga the same year the movie came out.

All you need is kill

>OP is 15

A FRIEND?!?!?!?

He wasn't in scientology when he was in Top Gun though. I think he was still Christian at that stage.

Death Proof
Bronson
No Country for Old Men
Nightcrawler is alright
Only God Forgives, from the same director that made Drive, and Bronson
The Neon Demon, also from that director, though it's a bit pretentious
Moonrise Kingdom
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Kill Bill, Vol. 1 and 2
2001: A Space Odyssey

These are all films I've watched while high, and they're really fantastic while in that state, but They're great films alone.

Yes I read that, did you miss where I said half of it applies ten years ago to 15 year olds? Linkin Park?

>with the notable exception of Michael Corleone.

Also, not to forget, Scent of a woman.

excellent taste

totally overrated

Let Me In is a shitty remake of a Swedish original that wasn't that good to begin with. In true Swedish style, it's basically a polemic about how evil boys are ( even though it's the little girl that goes around killing people ).

There Will Be Blood was just boring. I kept waiting for that bits that would make the other bits - which were quite well acted - add up into something worthwhile. They never came. The director apparently just thought that he could throw Daniel Day-Lewis's method acting in your face for two and a half hours and that would make up for the utter dullness of the whole thing. There are certain scenes that are performed with enough force that I can see why people defend the movie. But overall, as I said, there just isn't enough to add up to something worth watching.

thank you. I'm not sure I would go as god-tier, but I'm glad someone else can see that this is a really good movie.

>Carlito's way

Michael Mann films are so based.

I'm pretty sure the coffee shop was filmed twice because the actors hated working together. They filmed one tale with De Niro and one the Pacino then superimposed them over reach other so it looked like they were talking to each other for real.

North by northwest
The departed
Old boy
Amelie
Waking life
Fantasia
Allegro non troppo
The intouchables
Requiem for a dream
Fear and loathing...

Stop or my mom will shoot

You must agree to all the points I have made, since you've made no counterpoint to any of them.

Wait till you run into one of these FANBOYS- or some other Newt Gingrich with their mentality
you will remember muh post.

Cruise's character in Edge of Tomorrow is definitely flawed- pictured , evasive, manipulative and unskilled. - More of a weasel than flawless.

agreed on most 90's with the exception of Minority Report the characters are too often flawless.

which is why they call it an adaptation.

Carlito's Way had like no main character and then had like, three things happen to him and then he died

lets make an action film where tom cruise has the same power as kenny from south park. This was kind of a fun movie to watch but replay value, and actually thought provoking content is almost non-existant

great movie, the end is shit though

That movie wasn't so much about story though. It was more character/dialogue based.

>Also, not to forget, Scent of a woman.

That came to my mind when I wrote it, but he did quite a bit of shouting there too.