So. The GitS trailer is out. It's worse than I feared...

So. The GitS trailer is out. It's worse than I feared. Lifting shot from shot from the anime and throwing in a shitty ass amnesia angle with the talentless Scarho; thanks Hollywood, you unimaginative fucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G4VmJcZR0Yg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I still don't get this whole Scarlett Johansson thing, if it's set in Japan will she be the only white person? I don't mind the casting choice if they change the setting so it makes sense.

It could be worse, remember the DBZ movie?

Not only that but she seems out of place in every scene. That emo tone doesn't fit the character at all.

You can at list post a link of the trailer faggot

also check em

That which shall not be named. I have a feeling this will make bank because of a talentless A lister, but ugh fuck. I'm not some elitist or anything, this could've been epic but make it a truly Stand Alone plot, not a mishmash of six different versions of the source material.

www.youtube.com

it's like the first thing

>Covering her with some sort spandex to avoid showing nudity because ameriburgers can't stand it.

>Stand Alone plot
well played sir

youtu.be/G4VmJcZR0Yg

I have a feeling this is what the Eva adaptation would've been like had it not been speared.

Is there something about anime that doesn't translate well to live action? It took them a long time to get comic book movies right, most of them are still shitty

The thermoptic camo looks like they borowed it from Pacific Rim

Muh America. It's like Hollywood thinks movies HAVE to be stupid and explodey to make sense to American audiences.

When I first saw a man holding a revolver I though it was Togusa, that's how little faith I have in their casting

Is that Aramaki? It's not half bad, TBH but Batou with normal eyes is weird.

Yeah it's Aramaki thank fuck, Batou is going to have normal eyes?!

I'm still excited for Valerian though, although that's projected to make most of it's money over seas like the 5th element did

Oldfag here. I don't care for most of the anime but GITS is top notch. I bought the original film after seeing a MANGA bump in front of my VHS copy of akira. I was playing syndicate wars on PC and I saw a gif of GITS playing on a billboard in the game and lost my shit. I've collected all the visual works, 2-3 statues and have about half a dozen posters hanging in the utility room. I don't think it's wrong to have Scarlett play motoko in the respect that most anime characters don't look Japanese in the first place so fuck it, I'm getting a GITS movie

Why does he have Togusa's revolver? Aramaki is strictly semi-auto if I recall.

Why the fuck is she a lesbian now?

not linking the trailer. fgt

She takes sabbaticals to bang chicks all the time in the manga

This is now a get thread

It's not his revolver, Togusa always has a trusty Mateba which is a pretty obscure gun

It could be any white character, but she's simply miscast. Her face, her talent, her voice, her everything is wrong. Hell I'd be on board if they'd put in Emily what's her name from Tom Cruise the time traveller movie.

Pay attention nigger

But Aramaki with a revolver is weird.

Guess I need to read the manga. Fair enough then.

The utility room

They cut a lot of the lezbo out of the translation. It's stupid they did.

>amnesia

>not building upon the layers of doubt and self-questioning about herself because she's had a full prosthetic body since she was a child

she doesn't even know what she would look like

it's so fucking pivotal there is even a snippet of it in the original opening sequence

regardless, i'm gonna go and see it

but god damn it Hollywood, you destroyed a plot device you could have used so well

In the original movie didn't she have blue eyes anyway? Scarlett really does seem wrong, we don't have a problem with her being a white actress though.

Remember the attack on titan live action movie? It was a Japanese movie who cast Japanese people as the previously European characters and nobody cared

Perhaps it's a red flag that this won't be a faithful adaptation, Aramaki has always used his brain as his weapon

well ghost in the shell is one of these stories you cant make a good real life movie of.

thats why its an anime, because to make it good you would need so much money and resources you would lose money in any case no matter if it would be on #1 for 6months or if it woulf flop.

also, the philosophy behind it will be lost i think.

I've got the wall scroll of the OG movie poster somewhere.

ikr, amnesia, I've never seen that in a movie before... This just really rips away a great character

Think they gave her blue eyes in SAC and beyond

Remember that ep. where he and the major were pinned down in that store? God, what a great moment.

I think they were purple, if I were a cyborg I would have some crazy colored eyes

If the new GItS movie means I get to see a scifi scarjo les out while cosplaying at major kusanagi I'm in tbh

Here's some of the other stuff. Pinups, Intron Depot has some great sketches

No kidding.

This thread has made me remember a lot of great moments, now I'm even more depressed about the movie. I hope I'm wrong and it turns out really well but I'm not going to hold my breath

>I don't care for most of the anime but GITS is top notch

this

so much this

Ghost in the Shell is the shit ive never ever found like it.

also: look up project 2501

pic related

The second manga and Innocence were too heavy on the navel gazing for me. He went too philosophical for my tastes.

motoko ruined at least pick some1 half asian ffs
batou ruined and cringe worthy
aramaki looks fine.

if this is the laughing man story im pretty fucking unimpressed. but it cant really be judged til we see more of it. but at least flash a shot of him... how hard to put a guy in a hat and blue coat.

how the fuck are the gonna portray imperial America of the future without pissing off the whole country.

i dont care for the amnesia bit at all, if she got hacked il still be pissed.

they should have just used the therm-optic camo from S.A.C. if they wanted a pg 13 rating.

you don't see actual nudity in the source material either

you see nipples in the "assembly" intro sequence, but not during the optic camouflage scenes, because the optic camouflage IS a "sort of spandex" the major wears

next time check your facts before acting like a spazzed out autist

Nowadays they start with trailers of trailers, I'm sure we will see more soon and get a better idea. There will probably just be more to pick apart though tbh...

Yeah but this thermoptic looks like Styrofoam body armor.

..if we don't get dundundun... amnesia by then.

I keep a small chit on my car keys as a little bit of love for the series. I only point it out to uber fans.

Nice. I want a Tachikoma but the good ones are expensive.

tru dude, GitC is the only anime i've ever liked. even all those overrated gibli studio movies i find to be garb in comparison

To be honest i'l rather have inferior mimicry of the anime than some wild interpretation and dumbed-down version.

I initially thought SJ would not be that bad as Motoko, but she just looks so bad.

So, the project 2501 is going to be nigger woman or i am reading this wrong?

yeah i'm just not going to watch it

Looks like it. With shades of Laughing Man thrown in for spite.

I love that the first movie deal with the idea that we might only real because of the cumulative sum of our experiences; but fuck that --- amnesia.

Why do so many people like those ghibli studio productions?

The whole movie: what is real? Are you sure?

I loved it. Matoko was so off the reservation by then she wasn't sure. Her conversation with Batou on the boat ffs

Innocence, or rather the loss of it.

Hmm must just not be my thing

they're really really good, and the animation is beautiful

Oh yeah I love the animation, the movies just didn't sit well with me. I'm glad you enjoyed them though, I wish I could

How source material are we talking?

Gits has nudity to the point that japanese censorship allows both in the movie and the manga.

member that time she tried to bang a little boy?

hey kid it's not pedophilia, because i am actually a sex toy so it's just masturbation.

Why didnt the cast an asian actress for Motoko Kusanagi? There a plenty of hot asian actresses in Hollywood.

Remember seeing that when I was like 10 or 11 and now I have a huge mother son shota thing going on

shota: can full cyborgs have sex?

the Major: care to find out?