If you could live anywhere in the United States, where would you go? Why?

If you could live anywhere in the United States, where would you go? Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_educational_attainment
washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/local/sat-scores-2015/1812/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seattle if I wanted winterstate or Austin

Self explanatory

I should clarify... I'm actually looking for somewhere to move, and taking advice as to where and why.

black irishfag here. I would move somewhere with few blacks but not some isolated white area.

Maybe Washington, Oregon, or Massachusetts.

Do the research, then and move where you think is most feasible.

I've been doing research, looking in to the job and housing markets of various areas, but I'd like some input from others.

Washington fag here. Can confirm that its a good place to live

southern California

because beach, good waether, warm, mediterarean sea nature, palm, looks like city that I was born but my home city doesn't have sea

AK probably. They have good fishing and people leave you alone for the most part.

From an average 4channer.

California or Seattle.

Because I fucking HATE Georgia. It's a shit state, but it's the only southern state not *completely* full of retards. I'd fit in better elsewhere.

iowa
obvious reasons

there are no obvious reasons to move to iowa lol

That user apparently loves corn fields and meth labs as far as the eye can see.

>iowa
maybe if you like corn

Seattle is nice but I'd prefer somewhere warmer. And I think I'd try out Vancouver over Seattle, though Vancouver isn't US.

This sound pretty nice, so long as it's not in a congested area.

>but it's the only southern state not *completely* full of retards
get over yourself Georgia. NC and VA are easily less retarded than your state, TN too probably.

Would definitely consider moving to the Carolinas.

not OP btw.

To even begin recommending... What do you even look for in a new place?

>Vancouver isn't US.
It's Canada, probably not a good place to go to right now.

>NC and VA, even TN
BULL.SHIT. Seriously, among those, only Virginia might have a slight edge over Georgia (in collective IQ, quality of life, etc), but that's only because it's the most 'northern-yet-still-southern' state around. And Tennessee? Really? Fuck that place and all the trash that comes from it. That place might as well just be "North Florida."

And double-fuck BOTH Carolinas.

Colorado, legal marijuana, death penalty, low crime rat.

I'm in a pretty good spot right now tbh.
>Tallest trees in the world.
>Best cannabis in the US.
>Mushroom hunting galore

cali because that's where the cool kids live

>socal
>not congested
>pick one
gold coast > socal

Come to upstate NY bro I'll show you around.

you're basically mississpi with an atlanta in the middle

>fokin' cheeky little slaphead
Though that is accurate.

Western Colorado. Specific town depends on interests. You got access to the best driving roads in the nation. You got access to the some of the best trails for wheeling and hiking and biking. You got access to some of the most breathtaking scenery in the contiguous US. Denver/CoSpgs/Boulder aren't too far. Ouray is fucking neat. Utah (especially Moab) is right the fuck there. The peaches aren't Georgia-good, but they're fucking good nevertheless.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_educational_attainment

virginia, florida, and north carolina all rank higher than georgia.

That's book and standardized test smarts. I'm talking about common sense which tends not to be so common in the Carolinas or Florida.
>especially Florida

You've never been to TN if you think it's dumber than GA. I was born in Atlanta and I lived in the country of Georgia, but now I live in TN and it's MUCH MUCH better. If you go to Knoxville, Nashville, or Memphis and try to tell someone that they're filled with dumb people, then YOU'RE A DUMBASS.

washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/local/sat-scores-2015/1812/

kentucky, tennessee, mississippi, arkansas, louisiana, alabama, virginia, and north carolina all rank higher than georgia

I've been to Tennessee, and I've hated it every single time. The only positive the state has is its geologic features.

>where would you go?
Alaska
>Why?
Because they have polar bears.

oh so you've quantified "common sense" for all of the southeast? give me some data.

You meant government support, that's hardly existent

if you can swing it oregon is great. portland area is fucking expensive right now but you're 2 hours from the beach and the mountains. If you are in IT, there are quite a bit of jobs in that field out here.

Well I need somewhere affordable. Currently, I'm living in Southern California in some special little program thing that is about to run up, so I need to decide where to go that's not ridiculously expensive.

What's up with upstate NY?

Must be a Slipknot fan or something

I can't much comment on any place besides South Carolina, but if you come here, I would check out Greenville or Charleston.

The rest of this state is poop, with a few minor exceptions (and personal biases).

Well, Montana still have bisons at least?
If yes that's my choice if not Fuck America.

>Iowa
I moved here recently chasing a job. It's boring, fairly affordable, pretty in places, and white as fuck.

Get a better job?

Anywhere that is not in the US. Literally anywhere else on the planet is preferable to Murika.

Like where? Name one such place.

Beats the shit out of the one I had in New Mexico.

Why would I limit myself to the US?

Ask for raise or get a second job. Job market is shity in other states as was suggested by your post.

I've got a decent job, but I really don't feel like spending a ridiculous amount on rent, when I can get the same housing for cheaper somewhere else.

It's 200-400 more which is basically nothing

What do you call this kind of pictures?

Idfk never left the west coast maybe somewhere rural.

I'll give you a piece of advice, only move because you want to, not because you have to!

psychedelic

It's a bit more than that. I rented a farm house back in Indiana for $900/month. 4 bedroom; 3.5 bath on 2.5 acres.

Looking around the area I'm in now, that same $900 will get me a studio apartment or 1 bedroom home out in the desert.

It's made using the Deep Dream

I really want to move. I only came to SoCal because I'd be living rent-free for about 6 months. Now that I have more than enough money, I'm ready to move on somewhere else.

1200 to be correct and how much were you making back in Indiana? 900/week is easy money where you live. Should cover rent.

I can pay 1200 for a full house in your area. It's all about knowing how to do it.

You could have lived for 6 more months. Go wherever you want, I don't think I will care.

I made about $800/week in Indiana. Right now I only make $11/hour, so about $440/week. Pretty terrible.

Go live in Indiana

I'm saying my 6 months is about to be up, and I need to figure out what to do. Trying to figure out where to go.

I careless

>Canada
>not a good place to be right now

Are you retard?

Alaska instead of gay ass New York

Don't it's fucking boring

What's with the attack? Can't I voice a fucking humble opinion?

Detroit seems like a nice place

I don't even know you, and I already hate you.