Tech rekt

Tech rekt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7VCYBtx6h4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>broke/ripped off seven of eight lugs on one side
I swear the goon who did the rotation and balance a few months before I put on my summer wheels/tires used his rattlegun for 10 extra seconds.

tf is a rattlegun? Impact gun?

youtube.com/watch?v=7VCYBtx6h4g
the psheww things here

Wtf this is retarded. Wont surprise me of it actually works tho

Seeing this makes me want to claw my eyes out and drink my own blood

yeah air powered impact gun lol. Ive used that shit on dickheads cars for a few min before. never killed any lugs tho. whoever was doing your cars wheels probably had WAY to much pressure in his compressor *cries with laughter"

Explain to non-mechanic?

I can understand a lot of stuff in these threads but certain things like this just require previous knowledge lol

Yes. So-named for the rattle sound it makes as it beats the living shit out of your lug nuts and lugs.

those lines.... your NEVER supposed to see those... theres a quarter inch of steel before you get to that..... that level of wear prob took 8 or more months of daily driving with no break pads and your breaks SCREAMING like a raped eagle to get anywhere near that. and im sure the customer came in saying "my breaks are making a little noise"

ahhhh gracious my ameego.

I dont think you fully understand what you're looking at here user

I literally don't know how it can get this bad. I thought this was some dickhead that machined it down and then put it back on for internet lulz.
Fuckin A, I had my brakes fail on my old T-bird once because the shoe wore out and they went straight to the floor, ~30% stopping power.

oh shit, my car is like that...

what happened here? over-voltage?

This makes me shittle my britches.

This was in a shithole town in New Mexico. Guy was probably on meth. I ended up replacing the lugs with some long-ass ARP lugs and some long aluminum lug nuts.

What is that on OP ? I seen em smooth but not like that with fins, probably for cooling, may tear up pads.

ive seen cars run REALLY thin and have the first wall flake away as im pulling the rotor but never this bad. Im not even sure if this is real myself but this is truly giving me chest pains

what the fuck are you talking about nigger? Compressors fill a tank and then shut off you can't run an impact off a compressor alone.

Now THAT is some dumb motherfucker.

Aluminum lugs *cries* hes gonna tighten them for 15 min and wonder why its not keeping his wheel on

Oh i get it now they wore the disc out on one side...

The only other scenario I can think of is some frail old person who brakes seventy miles behind traffic, never breaks 45 mph, and has been running the same car since '86. Even then, most old people at least give a shit about regular maintenance... maybe drugs? but then they'd have crashed by now?
This is seriously confusing the shit out of me.

The compressor fills the tank to whatever you fucking set it to newfag. I didnt realize i had to mention that his tank was holding the pressure. I always refer to my compressor/tank as one unit called the compressor considering that the tank is just a useless pile of shit without its compressor. niggernewfag

Aluminum lug nuts. I don't think they make aluminum lug bolts do they?

id really hope they do not. ive never wanted to look

i feels. My experience with fucked rotors has usually been young millennials who only care if the car stops. not if its screaming to stop

That's why I take the wheels off myself now and torque them by hand when I put them back on. I throw the wheels in the back of my truck, make note of which wheel came off which corner, have them balanced at a shop with a good balancer, then put 'em back on myself.

That reminds me.... my Focus's brakes are getting dodgy >.> The occasional squeal, nothing bad, but it's still pretty new.
How much do you know about motorcycle brakes and floating rotors?

From an outsider's point of view it seems like he is referring to the compressor/tank system as one object, since they basically are.

As you said, you can't do the thing without the tank, however you can't fill the tank without the compressor, so...I wouldn't call it the tank/compressor because that's a mouthful, but "tank" can isn't specific enough to describe this object so "compressor" that is understood to have a tank built in would be the appropriate word to use.

anyone got the "turbo" tattoo thread ?

i drive a bike. are you trying to put motorcycle breaks and rotors on a car? If so id suggest only buy HD so when you crash and die you can feel secure knowing you bought the best.

I posted ^^^ oh look someone already explained what I was guessing at (yay I guessed correctly!):

>mfw nearly no one itt knows what theyre looking at and they try and guess what it is

This is a brake rotor. These are the cooling fins that are supposed to be inside the rotor, which should have been replaced thousands of miles ago

haha no, that was an awful segue.
I have a 2014 repsol cbr250rr; just had it serviced for it's 5k miles. Front brakes were clicking occasionally when stopping, was advised that's normal for floating rotors. Now it's been shuddering a tiny bit on ~1/100 stops. Probably going to take it back in, but just wondering how common that is.

jfc did it explode?
>overclocked into the nth dimension

i have floating rotors on my GSXR 1000. only clicked once and i was doing a stoppy. i dont think this is really common but id check forums for your specific bike

damn how do you dent a tire like that?!

I think that's layers delaminating in the sidewall. I wonder what the hell they hit to cause that.

Figured as much. Gonna upgrade to a bigger bike in the next few years, right now it's just for commuting through shitty LA traffic. Thanks.

Running it flat for several miles or any extended period of time. It ruins the belts in the sidewall.

That's what my 360 looked like when I opened it up after it went roasty toasty.

> feels bad because I killed a perfectly good Halo 3 SE

is it dead?

its not an idea, hes worn through one side of his disc to the vents

put too much air in

get a 600 cruiser. one bag on the sissy bar so no backpack and tight bars. easier to sit on bc your not hunched and i find it easier to split NYC traffic bc splitting is slower due to really narrow roads.

whats wrong with this picture everthing is in its rightful place, its just got grease on it?

Said by a no wrench turning motherfucker if it was ever said by anyone, impact guns are life.
Also made me chuckle

ahhh

I can tell you're not a mechanic, because a mechanic would have called it pneumatic.
Also the majority of pneumatic tools run off 90psi, and the law of diminishing returns means even at a high pressure that no compressor could maintain like 150psi, you're not getting a whole lot more power than at 90psi.

im not even mad i am actually very impressed

Honestly, this is the first truthful, correct answer I've ever heard on Sup Forums

Look at the LCA's ball joint.

your mom has floating rotors

That balljoint isn't where it's supposed to be.

oh shit yeah its just hanging out there.

your balljoint isn't where it's supposed to be

This.
>screaming eagle topkek

That's lowering rotating mass making the car faster on the touge.
You're just a fucking cuck who fell for the full thickness rotor meme.

I wrench my own cars and bikes. i dont do it professionally. and considering i own over 60k in tools for an amateur and ive built 3 cars and rebuilt my Harley after it got T boned id say im a mechanic

yes she does. she rides a 250 ninja with them

I wrenched your mom

No wrench turning motherfucker number two detected

Cuck detected

if they are screeching that could either be because of irregularities in the rotor surface, or your breaks are getting worn down to the point where they are causing the thin metal tabs on the side which are called screechers, to do their namesake, letting you know your need new pads

looks correct to me and I'm a mechanical engineer

Damn son

gamer schmoo

They're called squealers, and they're not extremely common. Brake is spelled brake. And irregularities in the surface of the rotor won't cause noise, it'll cause vibration.

I always felt like /o/ was full of 16 year old kids doing babbys first oil change, but Jesus Christ Sup Forums is full of 13 year old who watched daddy do babby's first oil change.

Cool thread we need moar of this. Pic related. My friend's gf's car disk brake. Wheel jammed at 120kmh.

>computer recovered from pompeii

600 is the next stop. I love sportsbikes, but yeah, a bit uncomfortable for the 85 mile commute (each way). Halfway coming home my ass goes numb. Still, it's maneuverable as hell and I got it for a good deal, it works for now.

at first i though that shit was nice white
but then i realized that computer time traveled to pompeii.

info for anons who don't want to die because brakes: Pump your brakes furiously if they give up, the piston will pinch the rotor eventually affording you some additional stopping power. That is if you don't run out of brake fluid because you didn't keep the rezivoure full.

How does that even happen. Looks like it's been to silent hill

The force of your car at 70mph would easily trash your pads if they got caught, not stop the wheel.
You got lied to.

kek

your mom is called a squeeler

how the fuck?

yeah, that time it wasn't too bad because I drive with a following distance, but even pumping it and popping e-brake it still was almost worth opening the door and using Flintstones brakes.

Yeh

your mom likes pumping it

This is a very interesting way to machine cast iron..... LOL

was that made with a sledge hammer? nokias are tuff