You want how much?

>You want how much?
>Five HUNDRED dollars?
>For a single ticket?

Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/news/ct-hamilton-tickets-on-sale-in-chicago-20160621-column.html
youtu.be/k9AyO8h2I0k
youtube.com/watch?v=2_H3qGsnIZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"'Hamilton' ticket rush creates long waits; secondary market prices reach $10000"
chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/news/ct-hamilton-tickets-on-sale-in-chicago-20160621-column.html

Why do people like this spic with a dirty sanchez?

People are just idiots who jumped on the bandwagon too late. I bought my ticket last November for a show this August for 170USD no problem.

I'm just waiting for the stage recording desu

PBS is doing a recording and broadcasting it plus interviews and behind the scenes footage around October. It isn't even worth it now considering the main cast is moving on.

>It isn't even worth it now considering the main cast is moving on.
Well then wouldn't this be your last shot to see them all together then? And you would throw that away?

I fuckin love plays but I feel this isn't worth all that money. Just get some hookers

I've seen it twice. The first was just after it opened on broadway. Those tickets were $700. I took my mom as a mother's day present. Those were $1200. The tickets for the prior seats had gone up by $400 so I spent the extra $100 and went with slightly nicer seats. The best seats were on sale for $4000.

This girl in my class literally brought up this play every day. She would make references to lines in the play that nobody understood and then say "That's from Hamilton! Its great! You guys should totally watch it" She had tshirts and her phone background was this guy. I hate this play now just because of her.

I fucked her 7 or 8 times and she cried after 2 of them

Why would I ever pay more than 100 dollars to watch a play. I do not understand theatre. Who hears about a play and says "Oh it's only 500 dollars per person? I'll just spend a two weeks pay to take someone to something that lasts 3 hours!"

Do you know how much cocaine I can buy for $1000? A whole lot more than 3 hours worth.

What else can you expect from a play about a money loving jew

Nice

This, I see plays all the time over here but this doesn't look that interesting despite all the hype.
I really want to see the Book of Mormon though.

how did you and your mom like it?

it has been out for a long time now, i've been listening to it for about a week

Willie Geist of the Today show said the understudy was better than the main guy

>fucked her 7 or 8 times and she cried after 2 of them
Fucking kek

But no I can understand that, it's a legit great play. Can't wait for the PBS taping.

In The Heights, from what I've listened to, is pretty based as well.

rap finally got to a point that old rich white people are comfortable with it

that's why this slightly ethnic man could make a rap show about fucking alexander hamilton

the emperors new clothes

What's your excuse for not having already seen The Book of Mormon if you wanted to see it?

Presumably, monetary constraints.

it's funny you mention that because the Hamilton in the play is a huge fuck up in everything he does, they pretty much only acknowledge his talent in writing essays

This cunt needs to stop turning history into a meme

He seemed to do well in leading his battalion in Yorktown

>Watching news
>For some reasons all the channels shill this hard as if all the Americans live in New York City

Seriously

Think he's talking about like a filmed version of it

That's what I've been hearing.

I paid more to go see an IMAX movie than I paid for my Book of Mormon tickets.

I'm waiting for VR plays to become a thing so I can pirate finer arts.

>musical about the founding fathers
>niggers all over the place and in prominent positions
>the slave trade is bad mmkay

Pretty good songs but you can tell why liberals are slobbing all over this.

So is based Leslie still getting shafted

Money and scheduling

youtu.be/k9AyO8h2I0k

It's coming to LA and Chicago. Also believe it or not Americans actually like to vacation in their own country. People like to take in a show when they're out vacationing.

yeah but it was still a setup about how Hamilton is hungry about getting a higher position for himself. no one wanted him to lead soldiers, he only got it from his french connections and in the end he backstabbed them and convinced congress not to help the french in the revolution.

Really? It was $80 when it came around to Indy.

They mention slavery like 5 times, it's not even a major plot point.

I'm more pissed about based Groff leaving.

Nah but srsly Leslie's like half the heart of the show.

this is pure sorcery. fascinating.

>They mention slavery like 5 times, it's not even a major plot point.
Not that guy, but though it is mentioned sparingly when they do talk about it it's from an anachronistic 21st century perspective.
>A civics lesson from a slaver?
>Hey neighbor- your debts are paid 'cause you don't pay for labor.

The entire show is presented from an anachronistic 21st century perspective, of course they're gonna call out the founding father who fucked a slave enough that she bore him a bunch of bastards. Aside from that, the only significant talk of race is most of Laurens's character focusing on his abolitionism but I guess that's better than talking about what a literal faggot he was.

Shit's been around for a while bro. Not a long while, maybe like last fall, but it's made appearances.

Shit's neat, and I think horror movies in particular could benefit from it.

Best song. They should have sung it at the Tony's instead of fucking Yorktown.

if polls are anything to go by then Satisfied is the new Let It Go

The ost gives you the whole plot.There is no need to see it.
and this is the best song
youtube.com/watch?v=2_H3qGsnIZk

To be fair Satisfied is really fucking good.

>watching 360 VR horror movie
>do everything you can to look in the opposite direction of whatever scary thing occurs

people are still overlooking Guns and Ships, Dear Theodosia, It's Quiet Uptown... a lot of songs and I can't let that go

Guns and Ships gets hyped to hell though because everyone loves Daveed and it's been ranked as the fastest rap in musical theatre.

Dear Theodosia is alright but I really wish the reprise made it into the show.

Also Lin's voice sounds ten times worse when he's singing with Leslie.

>it's a Broadway show
>that tries to be hip and with it and tap into hip hop culture
>while tickets are going for a thousand dollars, pricing out hip hops main demographic
>while shows can only be seen in fucking Manhattan

wew lad

Because Puerto Ricans are the master race.

It was pretty striking being a member of the lily-white audience watching the performers.

>that tries to be hip and with it and tap into hip hop culture
You mean because it has non-whites in it? You realize this shit's about the American Revolution, right?

it's also a thousand bucks in LA and Chicago in about a week, possibly as low as 8 hundred for the worst seats and 3 thousand for the best seats

How the fuck are there enough people willing to fill the expensive seats to justify the rising ticket prices for this show?

Hip hop's main demographic is nerdy white teens.

No, because it does.

The creator says as much.

you realize the music actually has hip-hop and rap elements in it right? not even mentioning aaron burr is a black guy for some reason

Smaller venues. Also meme entertainment. We are in the hipster age.

Rich white liberals will pay anything for progressive brownie points, bonus if the play is actually good

Cultural capital is a big deal.

Gotta tell everyone I saw Hamilton before all the plebeians did.

He looks like Mike Patton

Capitalism, limited supply, wealthier people.

A musical about a rapping Alexander Hamilton sounds like just about the gayest thing I've ever heard.

Pay debts

That's tapping into a musical genre. That's not tapping into a culture.

>aaron burr is a black guy for some reason
Every major character except King George is nonwhite. That's the entire point, it's supposed to be something like the history of America told in terms that mirror the modern rapper's rags to riches story. Poor guy immigrates to America and survives off of his ability to write, but is too concerned with his image/legacy and eventually has beef with people so often that he's killed.

White people absolutely eat it up for the same reason they eat up OITNB.

Would love to, just give us back the jobs and industry you shipped overseas and we'll get right on it.

Yeah everyone laughed at the creator in 2009 when he proposed the idea now that motherfucker is winning all sorts of awards. It's kind of cheesy in the way most musicals are but there's actually some really good writing in there sometimes.

movies and shows aren't expensive to pay for because it's just copies of a product and everyone has already gotten paid by the time it gets to the theater or home release

live theater, really anything that takes place live is always going to be more expensive. But consider what you are getting when you buy a Broadway ticket: you are seeing the best of the best, the best singers, the best dancers, the best costume design, the best everything. And it's LIVE. Plays and musicals take an enormous amount of work and dedication and lots of stuff can go wrong.

$500 though? If you are wealthy then sure. But not everyone can afford it. It sucks but that's the way it is. Touring shows are much easier on the wallet but if it's a popular show or if you have an original cast member(s) reprising their roles it'll be more pricey.

thank you based bootleggers

This fucking self hating spic doesnt even have latinos in his show buncha niggers. I wouldnt pay a dime if it they aint brown i aint down

Better than the rock musical about Andrew Jackson.

>thank you based bootleggers
And yet I still haven't managed to find a single decent boot of this show somehow.

the reprise is heartbreaking, i love it

he already made in the heights. that's about as brown as you can get.

except if the play isn't being done by the original cast then you have some mooks lipsynching to a song you could've downloaded for a fraction of the price

Price doesn't discriminate
between the scalpers and the banks
it takes and it takes and it takes.
And we keep watching anyway
The prices rise and don't fall
and they rake in the take.
And if my friend has a cousin living on Long Island
who can score cheap seats on the aisle

I'm willing to wait for it.

I'm willing to wait for it.

can't wait to see what lin does next
he's obviously very talented in writing musicals

dont look at me, I'm voting Trump

Was that actually any good? I never even heard of it until he blew up with Hamilton.

>500$ for a theatre ticket is too much. Just because I can easily afford it doesn't mean it's worth it. Last time I went to Manhattan was two years ago and I saw Wicked on Broadway, which was still $160. Even that wasn't worth it. The play itself was awesome, but American audiences are retarded. Some fat nigger sat in front of my friend and I and spent the entire show eating chips and texting on his phone. Two drunk girls showed up 15 minutes after the play started and sat beside us. They left at intermission and never same back, presumably because they were too retarded to know that there was more. The etiquette at my local theatre is much better.

Why are theater tickets so fucking expensive and rare?

Is it artificial scarcity and price inflation so they can pretend it's some kind of elitist, exclusive art form?

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot in New York City, in squalor, grow up to write a stageshow worth 10 thousand dollars?

yeah, it was pretty good. only heard it once or twice, but i plan on giving it repeated listens
when you're home is my favorite track

dont worry, when it comes to off broadway, literally none of the "named" people are going to even be in it at all!

>2016
>not seeing Hamilton and getting a table at Dorsia
shiggy-diggy

In the Heights is very good. I even saw it live with Lin. A nice story with some nice drama, excellent songs, and I really like how it communicates the importance of family and sticking together. That shit really works for me.

HERE COMES THE GENERAL

Fuck you then you stupid fuck! Man i wish a nigga would say he is voting for trump in front of me id stomp his ass out.

This guy seems like a total fag

Interestingly enough I'm pretty sure the only prominent homosexual in the cast is also in the only prominent white role in the show. And he just replaced another homosexual.

well he does write musicals for a living

And people wonder why some people don't like minorities.

What's your favorite song, Sup Forums? Mine's is Non-Stop

Theaterfags are all fags.

Surely you met some in high school.

Fuck you for making me reply to your bait. You know as well as I do it's babby's first favorite Hamilton song because it's just a medley of the best parts of every song in Act 1.

Clearly Burn is the more sophisticated patrician choice.

Theaterfags were the worst people in my school. They were the most overconfident fedoras I've ever met, they had no real hobbies outside of theater class and looked down on everyone for "not understanding"

Its like they tried to straddle band kid, hipster, and emo kids.

The only people that were hated more were the baseball team because they thought they were alpha jocks when literally everyone in the school made fun of them

Hurricane/The Reynolds Pamphlet/Burn

They're all directly musically and thematically connected so no I'm not cheating.

>mfw my hat triggers small dick black boys around me
stay mad, Tootsie Roll

most underrated song is say no to this
debate me