Darth Vader's New Role As Disney's Cash Cow

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/darth-vaders-long-goodbye-star-905562?facebook_20160622

>There is a strange inevitability about the Entertainment Weekly confirmation that Darth Vader will be a "looming" presence in this winter's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

>It's not just that the original Star Wars movie showed that he had a particular interest in the theft of the Death Star plans, which is the central plot of the new movie — it's that Darth Vader's presence is seemingly required in all major Star Wars endeavors. Vader, of course, anchored the original movie trilogy, and his origin story dominated the prequel trilogy. As Anakin Skywalker, he was one of the protagonists of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series, and as Darth Vader, he's been a significant presence in the second season of the subsequent Star Wars: Rebels series on Disney XD. His legacy — and crushed helmet — were one of the prime motivators of Star Wars: The Force Awakens' villain Kylo Ren, and it's to be expected that he'll loom large over Episode VIII and IX as well, considering his familial and inspirational connections to the main players of the new trilogy.

When will Disney let Darth Vader rest in peace? Will they EVER explore now stories and characters?

*new

>NEW ROLE

Didn't Vader toys outsell many new characters toys on last Christmas? I read a large portion of the sales were related to the old characters but especially Vader. I think kids can't get enough of Anakin

>Will they EVER explore now stories and characters?
No, why would they when Vader is a foolproof cash cow and all they care is about that sweet green.

>new
Vader was always the best selling image/character that is synonymous with the franchise.

Hell, Vader was so popular Lucas base the prequels around him instead of Obi-Wan and retroactively tried to claim that is was always the sage of Anakin.

Whatever, Disney is ran by good businessmen, and they are doing the right thing to maximize profits.

Fuck you and your contrarian meme.

We've never seen Vader dominate a battlefield or use his powers on generic soldiers. Disney is finally giving what Lucas couldn't deliver...Vader-kino

Disney shills on suicide watch.

Hell, I'm surprised Disney has only used Vader's popularity for Rogue One when it comes to the film.

Why not just make "Vader:Jedi Hunter" set between 3 and 4 and make easy 2 billions?

Apologize.

They'll keep him as long as they still have a warehouse full of vader shaped kraft macaroni and cheese to sell

Don't try to act like Lucas didn't start this.

Samefag.

Let's say that somehow the writers can find a way to make Kylo Ren a compelling then maybe they can get away from Vader.

Then again, the writers can use this as a way to expand on Vader's legend though that seems like the easy way out.

You ever have those dreams where someone is chasing you and you're running very slow but somehow you keep slipping away from them, but just barely?

Put that anxiety into a movie where Vader is hunting Jedi and there is always one that manages to slip away and then he starts hunting them.

I'll use videogame analogies here, but imagine the panicking run you did in Crash Bandicoot when you had to run towards the screen and the bolder was rolling after you. Now mix that with the anticipation and hiding from a far superior being like in Alien: Isolation. Put both of those elements into a movie with Darth Vader hunting a rookie Jedi.

Dude, that would be sweet and I'm not even a star wars fan.

How'd you know?

>not knowing about the ID addon for Sup Forums on firefox

I have a 5yo daughter that loves Anakin / Vader.
She gives zero fucks about any of the good guys.

>Will they EVER explore now stories and characters?

Anything new will be relegated to the "expanded universe," while Disney continue milking the original trilogy.

Are you a big guy for me?

>my daughter likes big black bad boys who abuse their girlfriends

I feel sorry for you.

Sup Forums is so dead

Just have a movie where Vader is like a Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees/Predator like force, seemingly appearing out of nowhere to terrorize a group of Jedi. Don't even go crazy with power creep, or anything like that. Don't have him doing insane video game shit, or lifting Star Destroyers. Just have this small group of Jedi being mercilessly hunted down by this giant asshole, who always manages to come out of the shadows, and doesn't even seem to be in a particular rush about it.

bump

Remember anti-powerlevel fags that in the current canon Disney series Vader killed 300 rebel troops including tanks and fighters alone, and they he proceeded to wreck the larger reinforcement group that came.

This would be a much better article if the writer didn't have to exaggerate the role Vader played in TFA to prove his point.

Vader is the linchpin of the entire saga not to mention the face of the Galactic Empire that ruled the galaxy for decades and there's a single scene where one character talks to him and holds his helmet. TFA did a good job cutting the Vader chord if you ask me. If he appeared any less people would be asking why no one brought him up the whole time.

>canon outside of movies
>mattering

Vader is the entire basis of TFA moron.

user, most of the profit comes from man babies that gained enough good boy points