Desktop rate thread

Desktop rate thread.

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

greenmapple17.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

11/10 for CCCP.
-10/10 for Norton.

Had to scale down my image due to file size.

88-Heil Hitler.

Nice choice of games, Shadow of Chernobyl especially.

Wallpaper is 11/9

A bit messy though,

Overall, 8/10.

Bumping for OP. Desktop rate threads are always fun.

R8, h8, deb8, ber8?

I'm simultaneously outraged and impressed.

Weeb, but at least nice weeb wallpaper.

Not bad at all.
BUT, spyware/10.

Overall 8.2/10.

>BUT, spyware/10.
Yeah, on my next computer, I plan to use like FreeBSD or something as my main OS.
But this machine is 6+ y/o.

When should I kill myself?

R8

Ah, well, not bad then.

Try Ubuntu on it. Or, if you want to be a try-hard, get a kernel and try to develop from there.

Nice dubs.

Malwarebytes, not bad,
Civ V and Fallout, pretty normie, but edgy enough to qualify.

The wallpaper. Well. I mean, if it's ironic, then keep it. If Furry, at least do a naked wallpaper.

Organize your crap a bit more too.

7/10.

dafuck is windows 9?

Any advice on how to organize my shit? I have a lot of stuff that I like to have quick access to, but it does clutter the fuck outta my desktop.

I'll make sure to get some wolftits as a wallpaper as well.

what movie is this?

>No Cortana, meaning Windows 8/8.1, which is objectively worst Windows.
>Furry
>Installers on desktop
>I won't take off for Paint.NET, but it's certainly no plus to ur machine
>Using spaces in YOUR OWN folder names; bad practice, there
>Several folders to pictures and docs and stuff, rather than being subcategorized
>Unexplainable organization scheme
>>that is, furthermore not particularly consistent
>tons of mod managers and stuff, as well as games everywhere, as opposed to a single games directory

BUT
>OpenOffice
Nice choice. Will eventually switch to this when I get me UNIX, most likely. Will choose, though, from options.
Do any of these suites have a Visio-like program?

>Won't rate down on ALL the inexplicable programs, but that vc_redist.x86 sure looks like something that belongs in an installers folder or something

I use Launchy for quick access to applications. Basically just a floating search bar on your desktop that lets you assign programs to certain keystrokes. Doesn't work so well for folder though.

Movie?

oh yes, forgot my actual rating.
Scoring everything up, and removing 7 points for the furry stuff, I'd say about a 0/10.
Don't wanna go negative, but it's pretty fucking bad, fam

sorry wrong thread

I plan to eventually make my own UNIX OS.

But, for the sheer fact that Linux is Copyleft, I would, if at all possible, prefer to avoid it.
Though, for a personal system until I have my own, it's not entirely off the table.
Would prefer something that does NOT use the GPL license
That's why I'd like BSD, b/c BSD license is permissive, but not copyleft.

My own system will probably be mostly OSS under a BSD-like license for the lower-level software, but a proprietary upper-level environment and some proprietary apps. Several apps would likely also be Freeware, but not OSS - for quality control

hacked shit.
I modified system files.
Here's the full view. It's Windows 10 Pro, but I change the picture with a resource manager

What do you have against GPL?

The inability to effectively capitalize on time spent in development, only on customer service and distribution.

In other words, time and effort should be ALLOWED to equal money.
More importantly, I will need that money for development in other areas.

I plan to sell the OS cheaply, though, and still offer paid service/customer support plans, but when someone adds to a program, anything added is NOT part of the original program, and therefore should not be considered under the original license.

If GPL meant, I take Linux kernel, I modify, WHAT IS MODIFIED is MINE, I wouldn't care. I'd develop for Linux, and stuff that was NOT modified, I'd link for free, b/c that's NOT mine.

But, since modifications still need to be released under the same license as the unmodified kernel, I have no intention of doing that.
In other words, IDC if I gotta link to YOUR code, but I should have no obligation to link to my own. It was added to or changed from your code, and is therefore NOT yours.

7/10
Nice wallpaper. Minus points for still having the image saved to your desktop.

3/10 10 second Google image search.

that's another screenshot taken a very while ago

Furry Trash-Organized Redux Edition

Can I get at least a 2/10 now?

Fuck, forgot image

Sauce on wallpaper (asking for a friend).

KYS

You get a 4 point boost. Now a 7.5/10.

Not bad.

No idea who drew it, but here ya' go. Have fun.

Nice 'n clean.

Lacks depth though.

Overall, 9/10.

>STILL using spaces in file/folder names that YOU designed; STILL bad practice
>STILL Windows 8/8.1
>Wallpaper has now increased in faggotry by at least 2 orders of magnitude, possibly 3

Less poorly-designed, but now almost impossible to look at (damn, it was hard to keep that on screen long enough to rate the improvements in the other stuff), because it's hella disgusting.
-4/10
You just got WORSE famalam. Holy shit, that furry faggotry just went off the goddam charts.
Nasty, dude, srsly.

I'm now determined to find a way to keep my furry faggotry and get a good rating from you as well.

I'm on a fucking mission now.

harsh

Comrade, OP here, do stronk Soviet wallpaper. Gets rid of any faggotry.

On top, put all your useless, or unused files into a folder called "Trash".

Take your games, put them in a "Games" folder, but add shortcuts of each game to desktop.

Organize it in a pattern, visually pleasing, and easily identifiable.

Get rid of any useless files onto either:

A. USB.
B. External Hard Drive
C. Your anushole.

Best of luck, OP.

8/10
Simple but effective. Minus points for your music taste.

1000 charisma/10

1000 politics/10

1000 genius/10

Nice, actually!
>Gadget-enabled desktop controls are always cool.
>>Futuristic

BUT
>color for those launchers is a bit too pastel for my tastes; would prefer higher/darker saturation. They look like Easter Eggs, atm
>also, should at least have SOME kind of wallpaper, even if it's faded out or doesn't change. Hell, even Minimalist wallpaper is better than a black screen.

Would also suggest adding a custom bot or something, if you know how to program, but I will take away no points for NOT having one.
I plan to make one myself at some point, though.
Just a recommendation.

Overall, 7.75/10
Add a wallpaper for +1 points. Given the current setup, a minimalist would be better and getchu 1.25 points.
Also, fix the color scheme of the launcher things for an additional 0.25 points.

Also, what are those hexagon launcher things called? And do they work on Windows (while I still use Windows)?

Overall, very good.

10/10 for wallpaper.
What is with the 'home.desktop' and 'temp' icons though?

'Murica/10.

>Nexus mod manager

Why the fuck aren't you using Mod Organizer? just get out.

home.desktop is the *.desktop template, which I use often, for adding programs to the launcher. Temp is a symbolic link to a temporary folder where I store log files/memory dumps that I check frequently.

lmfao
Well organized AND humorous. At the same time, the wallpaper doesn't fuck it up by being overly funny.
>BG IS a LITTLE busy, though.

7/10

The other background wasn't actually horrible. I woulda given you about a 5 if it was the same.

That -7 was a bit of hyperbole.
But having HENTAI of ANY kind as a background lowers ur score a LOT, and MORE-SO if it's furry.
You retain high ratings with ecchi, but not hentai BGs.
However, furry is an automatic reduction.
But if it was NOT a naked/partially naked furry, it'd actually have been acceptable after that cleanup.

You're just TOO much of a faggot, and this can be proven by the fact you don't realize THAT is why your score DROPPED instead of going up.

So, long story short, remove and hentai from your slideshow, and anything less than your characters in panties/bra, and you're at least within a not absolutely vile range.
You will go up to about a 4 to 6, depending on your choices.

Not much
All I do is browse, show me some cool programs

>if its not 4k
>its gay

to ching chong for me

Who the fuck are you quoting, retard?

Forgot pic

>background is a little dark
Though, that could just be my monitor, b/c I keep my gamma at 0.6
>Ubuntu, cool
>Do NOT like that sidebar thing, though
I had Ubuntu as a dual-boot when testing it out a while back. I wanted to move or remove it. It does NOT look like part of the desktop itself. It looks like it's just this bigass thing thrown on top.

But even THAT I could have dealt with, if it didn't scroll, and instead opened up either as context menus or something else.

Anyway, only will deduct half a point for that.

>Could probably use either launchers (matches aesthetic of Ubuntu/Gnome) or a COUPLE desktop shortcuts.
Looks a little TOO empty and lonely, but the background does smooth that over a bit, so it could certainly have been worse

7.5/10. Not bad

Sauce for that wallpaper?

I appreciate your input.

wallpaper is fucking god-tier

I had this Wallpaper but something fucked it up, fixed it now. I set up the desktop using rainmeter.
The Hexagons are from the Honeycomb skin And I also use Mini steam launcher, Elegance2, Radian Linear Visualizer, and Elegant clock

Will listen to taylor swift in the, just for you

Me want.

Will have to look that over.
Background is very slightly more minimalist than I thought (bordering on bare-bones). I'll up it by 0.75 points.
I was thinking more of a character in minimalist art, with a single color or gradient background behind them
>pic related is example of the concept, though would not really match your particular desktop
Will also post a non-minimalist/pseudo-minimalist BG that I think would actually match.
So, currently, you're at 8.5 with that updated. Nice

Also, I'll screenshot that and check out the stuff you mentioned.
Thanks

your mum

I found the trump one, missing pepe though

here

>or something similar to this
Notice that it's faded, and there is lesser distinction between lines. The dark scheme also matches your particular aesthetic.

I would recommend trying one of those 2 TYPES.
If the first, though, a repeating-texture background might also work fine

You either have the personality of a cubicle zombie or a raving serial killer. really a 50/50

thanks

Fedora master-race reporting in.

fuckin windows fags kek

I would use this but I don't like Bright background colour might try to edit it though

r 8

Heh, looks like I'm not the only one using greenmaple17's wallpapers.

greenmapple17.deviantart.com/gallery/

Mine

how is this shit, sorry about the mess anons

Could also try this:
Here's what your thing would look like if the background was dimmed to -35 brightness in Photoshop
>didn't bother removing every single black circle within letters, though. So sue me
But yeah, you could definitely try something like that

holy fuck user

do you even use most of those icons?

freeware cuz poor

yeah sadly lol

Hate how relevant that background is

I'm actually using Cirno wallpapers:
But I save stuff when I wanna change it up a bit

Gotta love Rainmeter. Rate?

What do you use for weather?

All about the rates

It's called "Do I need a Jacket?". Really nice little skin. I toyed around a bit with the font though.

Move the videos and text files into a folder, and about a 7/10.

alternatively, you can put the text file in the top left to create a balance. But those videos gotta go.

they're only there cause i needed to use my Hard Drive for something else (I was binging Red Vs Blue)