Am I an alcoholic? Should i be worried?

am I an alcoholic? Should i be worried?
I'm 28. I drink anywhere from 5 to 7 days a week. Beer, 6 or 10 tall cans per sitting, nothing less than 5.0%.
Any advice from heavy drinkers or care to share experiences?

nope. you're an pussy

The fact you say 5-7 days a week and not constantly drinking to avoid seizing up and dieing means you still got a ways to go. I've been to 4 detoxes in the past year you can AMA if you want.

sorry to hear that and I feel bad for saying this, but you made me feel better about myself

i've been to 5 AMA

You should be worried. You probably are an alcoholic. Suppose you wont know unless you try to stop for say a week. Keep going like you are and you will end up severely alcoholic. Get any help you can as soon as, basically the sooner the better. This wont just go away by itself.

It's alright. I was like you a couple years ago, It just took me one month long bender of a handle of vodka a day to experience true withdrawls and I think alcoholism.

Just be careful. I never want what I went through to happen to anyone else.

It's alright. Just know how quickly things can spiral out of control. Be careful and if you ever feel like you need a drink because you physically have to you have already gone too far.

I'm 23. Just be careful please.

Double shit posted my bad.

you're definitely on the road to being one. need to chill out homes.

you're at the point where if you just quit you probably wouldn't have many physical symptoms but you'd probably be depressed for a week or more and unwilling to get out of bed.

try going to AA or NA , your and alcoholic. Its the only thing that kept and keeps me sober

Yes. Seek professional help.

You're fat and your liver is gone.

I'm in the same boat op. I'm 25 and starting my first legit job in a month. Quit smoking the reef recently and got off my anxiety pills as well.. Half the time I can't sleep without a drink and it's scaring the shit out of me.

Recently went through a breakup w a girl I fell hard for, she was Polly and I was not ready to handle that. I'm 26, been drinking hard for years... So far in the past few months have tried to stop and ween myself of alcohol but have just got drunk again thinking of her and my depression. Every time I try to quit I have cold / hot sweats, body jerks / shaking, heart palpitations, anxiety and incredible depression.

Facing jail time (maybe a year or two) so ya.

Stop while you can user please, you do not want to go through this shit I promise you that, its fucking hell... Truly and very very depressing... Currently drinking so I don't have a fuxking heart attack but I know I will get drunk tonight

Maybe rehab... Will see

I hear suicide might help with that.

yeah here's my advice. stop being such a crybaby bitch.

*cracks open next beer*

switch to weed

Yep. I can't drink at all now bc I used to drink lie that

You realize you're spending over 300 bucks a month on booze right?

You could pay off a car if you had the will power to do something constructive with your time. But you don't. Do you?

Alcoholic here,

I try not to drink through the week. I let it fucking rip on the weekends though. Always more than twelve beers. I wake up cringing at myself for the shit I did the night before.

Began to drink because I was unhappy, now I'm unhappy because I drink.

If you feel you're not super hooked yet, my reccomendation is to fully abstain. For an alcoholic like me, there is no "moderation". I can sip my first two drinks, then the rest go down in gulps chasing the high. It's actually scary to reflect on myself and see what a slave I am to it.

Good luck to you, though. Anyone can quit if they desire to.

I just stopped drinking. It was pretty bad for a long time. Just don't buy any more

Bump

You sound like I was a month ago. I've drunk a lot over the past 10 years. I'm 33 now. I was never into spirits but would drink strong beer and tramp cider, anything from 3 - 8 500ml cans @ 7.5%. I was quite crafty about it and managed to hide from those close to me, altho the number of those close to me has decreased drastically over time. Anyway I would drink steadily on days off, just evenings on work days. I'd feel shit in the mornings and think about drink throughout the day. Then I'd drink in the mornings and in the day. Then I'd drink more to relieve myself of the hangover. Then the hangovers got really bad and turned into whole days of feeling horrendous, and drinking wouldn't take the edge off it. I guess it was withdraw of sorts and would last a couple of days. Then I'd drink again and the terrible hangover would come back. Eventually these episodes would last a week during which time I'd sweat profusely, be neurotic, have no appetite, itch like fuck, insomnia etc etc. I would try drinking small amounts of gin or vodka to relieve what I thought was withdraw, but it didn't help and just rekindled the initial hangover feeling.

I think it was my body starting to pack up because I wasn't eating, was barely sleeping, sweating and itching the whole time. It was also withdrawl but a kind of withdrawl that couldn't be cured with more drink.

I've been having these episodes for years and it's cost me a lot. I've quit jobs, lost friends, almost bankrupted myself, got myself arrested, injured and isolated. The only people i have left are my immediate family and a couple of friends. I'm sure I could have made more friends but I have such a low opinion of myself and spent so much of what should have been the best years of my life with my mind deadened by alcohol that I don't know how to relate to people anymore. And that's just the start.

But 4 weeks ago I stopped drinking...

\
Cokeaholic here,

My "breaking point" was when I had so much cocacola stocked up (think prepper quantitties) that the cans started leaking and causing a mess before I had a chance to drink them.

Now I drink beer instead. It's waay too expensive (even the cheap stuff) to buy in such quantities. Also it sort of has an auto-shutoff; drink enough and you'll stop :-)

My condolences to the alcoholics. Thanks for keeping the beer prices down for the rest of us.

Are you me?

fuck that. i'd rather be able to drink 7 days a week.

anyways after you pay off the car you still have to pay for insurance and repairs and shit.

which is even more money you could be spending on alcohol...

*cracks open another beer*

Stop drinking before you get cirrhosis and die a shitty death

I'd had one of my week - long hangovers and the sweating and itching had started to subside.

It was hard for the first week. The urge to get something was strong and I thought about it a lot. I had quite bad anxiety and a feeling of impending doom. I also ate more and smoked more.

I just sat and watched tv all evenings and went to bed when I got bored. It was boring and life felt emptier than before. It still feels empty and hopeless but I am starting to accept it rather than running from it to the nearest cold 4 pack of beer. Maybe accepting the situation will start the process of removing alcohol from my coping mechanisms rather than reinforcing it's position by constantly denying anything is wrong and then drinking some more to forget that I'm in denial... and so it would otherwise go on.

Anyway enough about me OP. My advice would be to just try to stop. If you drink a lot then cut down a bit over a week or 2. If you have anything good in your life focus on that. If you have friends then stop now before you lose them. You're 5 years younger than me. I wish I had done something when I was 28. There's still time for you.

we both know you drink 7 days a week, eventually your body is going to start puking up all the alchohol you try to drink and then youre going to go through withdrawals and potentially die.

try and get on some soboxin for a few days to keep your heart from exploding when you stop drinking and dry the fuck out

buy jap cars and pay with cash and you'll have enough left over to get plastered every night.

gtfo edgelord

holy shit.

every now and then you take a few weeks off and binge on milk thistle until your liver is repaired.

then do a detox.

and then... retox

Find it out.

Don't drink for two full weeks.

Can you do that? Does it make you feel miserable?

If your answers are "yes" and "no" (in that order), you're fine.

No, i am one too, i drink alone, and a lot since i brake up, i leave the drinks because she asked me, and i am drinking again because she leave me, just dont drive when you are realy bad, good luck mate.

thanks for your input

i will try this. it seems like without drink, days are long and boring?

Yeah they need to invent some kind of like chest with no key. Instead a breathalyzer you have to pass for it to open. You could put all kinds of stuff in there most importantly your keys.

Im stuck on 100 proof about 800ml a day plus beer but i think we'll be alright OP

Drunks are doomed because they love being drunks, are fundamentally self-pitying pieces of shit, and if you have to ask if booze is bad you are extra stupid.

Keep drinking. You'll be happier that way until you cannot stop and then you'll get the slow, debilitating suicide alcoholism guarantees. I suggest you take up smoking since they go together.

>gtfo edgelord

Drunks are already suicidal so that suggestion is valid. They don't get better. I've seen people I loved kill themselves by drinking, but they cannot be stopped and are so disgustingly weak they won't stop themselves.

Suicide really is a legit alternative to the slow, grim, sad destruction booze will bring you. You cannot imagine it if you are a drunk, because drunks are incapable of that. They are nothing but degenerate booze sponges.

Don't get attached to anyone so you hurt fewer people when you croak, and please die soon.

Are you me?