Is there a song that actually "saved" you or made you see things different?

Is there a song that actually "saved" you or made you see things different?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4N9-id78f8w
youtube.com/watch?v=8bbTtPL1jRs
youtube.com/watch?v=E5vZNTnT1QE
youtube.com/watch?v=kUhW6T5yzBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Jcu1AHaTchM
youtube.com/watch?v=wELxaePMUfQ&t
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aUea0h4DZTs
youtube.com/watch?v=DCB_MbYyCYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o3QeEvgMG1s
youtube.com/watch?v=tCK03Po10iE
youtu.be/DsoCe7C4Kmk
youtube.com/watch?v=W4Cro2yxRjw
youtube.com/watch?v=Um7pMggPnug
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasebo_slashing#Reaction
youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
youtube.com/watch?v=y9MpwzM13MI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sister Ray. It taught me women's true place.

My Iron Lung.

youtube.com/watch?v=4N9-id78f8w

This changed my life.

youtube.com/watch?v=8bbTtPL1jRs

This one pulled my heart out, it physically hurt. Changed my life for the better.

The entirety of Is This It got me through some terrible times

Let Down by radiohead got through some awful shit.
This song actually helped me in an extremely weird way. I got me through a week of making suicide plans. I was chilling out just listening to cool music, I didn't want to do any depressing dwelling, and this struck me as being the coolest song I had ever heard. I had been trying to start a band at the time, and I thought, I have to make a song this fucking cool eventually. It was like being challenged to not die, just to do something cool with my life

one time when I first started smoking weed I heard the 2pac song that has the sample "thats just the way it is" on the radio and it hit me really hard for some reason.

mayonaise and soma by smashing pumpkins,

based billy C could not have arrived at a more perfect time in my life

Aww yeah, Let Down got me through some terrible shit

Judas Priest's British Steel cured me of babby's first teenage angst when I was 14.

Of course.

The entirety of Filth made me rethink my natural desire for success and power and seeing it as something laughable. When others do anything that's posturing I immediately feel a deep hatred for them. It really actually has made me genuinely socially autistic.

Thanks Gira :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=E5vZNTnT1QE

made me feel like :'(

is this a cursed image

I want to have sex with her.

youtube.com/watch?v=kUhW6T5yzBQ

>The Smiths - I Know It's Over

The "If you're so..." part of the song destroyed me and made me realize that I am absolutely nothing special and I deserve the loneliness in my life, because love was not meant for me. It changed my perspective from blaming everyone else for my faults, to only blaming me.

Tecato by Snot

Pulled me out of the downward drug spiral I was in years ago.

this masterpiece

youtube.com/watch?v=Jcu1AHaTchM

Ultralight Beam

Nothing more to be said

youtube.com/watch?v=wELxaePMUfQ&t

This really made me rethink my entire life

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aUea0h4DZTs

This killed my world view at 15

Why? Could you explain? I love that song

The first times i heard Let down and No surprises I was pretty surprised, I had never experienced such feelings because of music, I mean, the songs really bummed me out like no other and were so fucking beautiful.

(I was pretty young and not thaaat into music)

The Who - Love Reign O'er Me

youtube.com/watch?v=DCB_MbYyCYQ

made me pull myself from the bootstraps and quit being a fucking pussy. 8 months later i'm no longer (as) depressed, lost 15 pounds and became one of the top in my class.

it just made happiness seem acheivable, which i never conceived.

for me it was wtbp. i never knew music could be harsh AND absolutely beautiful until someone showed it to me

I don't want to kill myself knowing I can just listen to this again

>youtube.com/watch?v=wELxaePMUfQ&t
fucking good shot, mate

One day I was being bullied at school. After being punched by my class-"mates", I sat down at my desk and listened to 21 Pilots.
Tyler's voice saved me that day. It felt like it was my voice speaking. (I love him). (He is my headcanon)
Until my teacher came up to me and took my iPod away from me, and told me, "Don't listen to this music, because may therefore as I was be to DIFFERENT."
Everybody laughed.
Nobody will ever understand me..

faggot

Not even joking... Screenshot by Swans. By an extent, the entire To Be Kind album but Screenshot was the first song I stumbled across. It got me out of mainstream shit and made me take music seriously. I was going through a long period of years of just living and not feeling anything and finding interest in music completely changed me

sucking ding dongs

wttpb is such an inviting, timeless, selfless masterpiece

Dancing in the dark

Yes Way

Something in Life Like Weeds by Modest Mouse changed things.
It didn't flip my depression upside down, but it put an entirely different context on it I still can't explain after fuckwhatmany years.
I'm just really happy the song exists honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=o3QeEvgMG1s

youtube.com/watch?v=tCK03Po10iE

this one opened my eyes and gave me motivation to ditch my shitty drone job and aspire to be something better

youtu.be/DsoCe7C4Kmk

This changed the way I see the world

dis trips dont lie

this is a very shitty song

>liking paedophile music

This and the entire album finally clicked after a depressive episode. It's now one of my favorite albums of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=W4Cro2yxRjw

I was a massive faggot and I tried super hard to fit in. I constantly tried to reinvent myself to find friends. Then one day on vacation this girl told me to check out neutral milk hotel. I listened to itaos so many times that summer, changed my outlook on life, made me a more humble person, and taught me the beauty of an album. Definitely my favorite meme

something about that song makes me want to kill myself. like it makes the world feel so cold and empty but in a comfy way. great track and I hope they release more work along these lines

Not a song or album, but Animal Collective in general kinda opened my eyes to a lot of things in life. Wish i'd gotten into them earlier...

A lot of songs have made me see things different I don't think any ever like "saved" me. I think every song I like to some extent makes me see things different or I wouldn't like it. When I was going through a really tough time I listened to a lot of bill Evans. You must believe in spring is one of my favorite albums and I think it really has changed how I can look at really tragic things. Like he put that out after his brother had killed himself and you can see it, but it's really kind of peaceful too. On the title track that gets me every time haha like that was the first time a jazz song really did for me what can happen in other music where here's a big emotional climax. I must have listened to that almost every day for a while last year

>19 in the year 2004
>Previously only listened to Jimi Hendrix
>AOL (yeah) had some precursor to Pandora
>Pop in Hendrix, naturally
>King Crimson ITCOTCK rears its ugly head for the first time

Nothing was the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=Um7pMggPnug
Unironically really makes you think

>On June 1, 2004, the 11-year-old schoolgirl murdered her 12-year-old classmate, Satomi Mitarai, in an empty classroom during the lunch hour at Okubo Elementary School in Sasebo.[6] She then left Mitarai's body and returned to her own classroom, her clothes covered in blood.[7]
>The killer became the subject of an Internet meme on Japanese web communities such as 2channel. She was nicknamed "Nevada-tan" because a class photograph showed a girl believed to be her wearing a University of Nevada, Reno, sweatshirt.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasebo_slashing#Reaction

holy shit

What the fuck

that girl is awfully cute to have just covered herself in her classmate's blood. but then again maybe that's what makes it cute

if ever there was a cursed image, this would probably be a good contender.

She was also diagnosed with aspergers
No wonder she became a japanese meme

>21p
>ipod

That acoustic performance that gets posted is better.

Damn, call me a fag, but reading that kinda made want to cry.

This was a big deal on Sup Forums btw.

>After being taken into custody, she was reported to have confessed to the crime, saying "I am sorry, I am sorry" to police. [9] She spent the night at the police station, often crying, and refused to eat snacks she was offered.

>She initially mentioned no motive for the killing. [10] Shortly afterwards, she confessed to police that she and Mitarai had quarrelled as a result of messages left on the Internet. [11]

>She claimed that Mitarai slandered her [12] by commenting on her weight and calling her a "goody-goody".

That is so fucked, I feel like shit

Twice dbh

red velvet dbh

Well the girl in the image is just cosplaying, so not really

can confirm that it's cosplay, but it just makes the whole thing a bit more sickening. the idea of cosplaying as a random killer is so weird and creepy. i could see an edgelord dressing up as a widely-known serial killer, but a child who murdered another child? ugh, all kinds of fucked up.

Well.. yeah, you have a point there.

anything by hollywood undead

youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
saved my life

youtube.com/watch?v=y9MpwzM13MI

these lyrics hit me pretty hard when I was struggling with WoW addition... after listening it to a lot I felt I had reference for what would happen if didn't get my shit together.

Stopped playing 16hrs a day and quit my hardcore guild, doing okay now.