ITT: objective 10/10s

ITT: objective 10/10s

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Disney's Hercules is the greatest film ever made. From the very eve of filmmaking, artists have been trying to capture the raw emotion at the core of humanity, but have all failed miserably. That is, until Disney's Hercules bursted into theatres with its jam-packed message on what it means to be human. Citizen Kane? More like Citizen Lame. Silence of the Lambs? More like Silence of the Lame. The Thing? More like The Lame. No film that has it ever will be created can match up to this ride of a lifetime.

It's amazing that John Carpenter can make a 10/10 cult classic (Big Trouble), but also make this, a genuine genre defining masterpiece.

>Aladin
>Lion King
>Jungle Book

All better than Crapules.

tfw it was saved from terry gilliam

bump

It's fucking garbage.

>A-lame-din
>Lame King
>Jungle Book Lame

>anticlimax

I'm disregarding your post because you so clearly didn't even try for the last one

One of the few horror movies worth watching more than once.

I barely remember this.

>The black cauldron

agreed on the thing, and watchmen is pretty enjoyable idk if would say 10/10

Maybe it's time to revisit? Also

ok, reasons? you know gilliam would have just made it "trippy" and weird for the sake of weird because he's a tryhard

I agree. I saw this when I was fairly young and didn't grasp 100% of what was going on but looking back damn this was pretty awesome, also love looking back at movies made back then and seeing how shit was so much different.

Average movie carried by Nicholson and Nurse Ratched

No other film has moved me so much

there's no such thing as an objective 10/10, but i'd say pic related is probably the closest

Do you seriously have nothing better to do? Lol I'm sad for you.

Way too revisionist to be a 10/10

Is it worth the money?

A movie about a kid who wants to be famous and falls in love with the first women who doesn't fawn over him.
Truly teaching the youth some great lessons.

yes

DRIVE
R
I
V
E

Its like 40 bucks for criterion

$30, and it's still worth it

i know this because i own it

> Citizen Kane? More like Citizen Lame. Silence of the Lambs? More like Silence of the Lame. The Thing? More like The Lame

XD

It's not reaching to say this is the best movie ever is it?

objective 8.5

Pic related is the true 10/10

>replying to image.jpg

Good taste anons.
These are my 10/10 movies.
Love me or hate me.

Imdb pleb. That being said, some good shit here

You're probably gonna get some shit for this but I agree.

Not at all. It's my favorite movie, but I still think pic related is more objectively 10/10. It just accomplishes its vision so completely. Every scene is a laugh in and of itself, yet the story remains interesting at the same time. So cool.

kys that movie was fucking awesome

About as interesting as the back of my hand. Bet you have a lot of fun friends, you stale piece of shit.

A little up its own ass IMO

chekd and rekt

$20 during any of the sales. The B&N Criterion sale starts next week.

Hola Guillermo.

goddamn you gave that guy no respect

Thief is true Mann-kino. He's made a lot of cool movies but I don't think he ever has or will get better than Thief.

Am I the only one on Sup Forums who's seen The Long Goodbye? It was one of Ahnold's first roles.

Only time I've ever cried at an ending besides Titanic

paths of glory

is that the movie where americans break into a nazi or soviet sub?

dude weed lmao

Best kubrikino. Cockwork Orange is a runner up for me.

10/10 films coming through

That's U-571, I think.

Das Boot is the German film from the perspective of a German U-boat crew.

Most submarine films are great (Crimson Tide, Hunt for Red October, Below, The Abyss, etc.) but Das Boot is the eternal GOAT

I'm happy leo got the oscar for this

All time favourite movie

Always

The Revenant 2009 is a good movie, not an oscar bait

>first big snow of the year
>watching The Thing
>look out my window
>neighbor's husky is watching me

Comfy/creepy AF desu

I was making a joke, but it looks like a 2005 movie IMO

I think hercules is definitely top 3 disney

I don't know about 10/10 but 3 and a half stars for sure.

Would liked to have seen gilliam's as well.

that movie is literally perfect, I wish they would bring it back in my theaters for a while

That... was actually a pretty awesome movie.

7/10
4/10
3/10
5/10
7/10
4/10
8/10
6/10
6/10
8/10
9/10
7/10
8/10
8/10
5/10
7/10
8/10
4/10
8/10
8/10
6/10
6/10

Pic related is my 10/10

>tfw thread king gives you an 8
Let's make this thread interesting

I cannot find a single flaw with this

kys

I turned it off after he pretends to be a yard worker, where they're all shit talking on the couch

did the movie get good at any point after that?

After the first time I got some friends to watch it, we went outside cause it was a full moon. The guy whose house we were at's dad happened to be standing outside, middle of nowhere too, and greeted us. Bricks were shat.

I know it gets memed a lot because it's new, but this film is a legit 10/10 action flick. The story is barebones, yet manages to make me root for the protagonist.

Plus, Reeves is an actual competitive shooter and it shows.

IT'S YOUR ONE WAY TICKET TO MIDNIGHT

CALL IT

HEAVY METAL

It's one of the more poignant contemporary social commentaries there are.

Yeah, I know I'm a fuckin' hipster.

I know this is sacrilege but The Thing really doesn't hold up for me on a second viewing. I think knowing all the jump scares and knowing which members are infected brings the suspense down

from Carpenter's stuff I absolutely love Mouth of madness though

the movie is literally just anti white propaganda, made to appeal to the kind of people who blame toxic white masculinity for the Orlando terrorist attack

I preferred the book

this was such a lame movie outside of the well-done gunfights. Whole thing felt like an adolescent power-fantasy. Michael Mann does better grounded action sequences and pretty much any asian revenge movie shits on everything else John Wick tried to accomplish.

Scorpion: Female Prisoner 701, that's the true revenge-kino.

100% pure kino

Am I the only person who doesn't like the action in this movie?

It feels too much like, it's hard to describe, to much like a themepark ride, I guess? Everything falls perfectly into place just so, and the stakes never really feel high.

I dunno, I loved it as a kid, but on rewatches it really doesn't click with me. The action in T1 has much more weight, which makes me enjoy it more.