How would you rewrite the Stars Wars prequels, keeping the same general characters and plot points...

How would you rewrite the Stars Wars prequels, keeping the same general characters and plot points, but having it actually be good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZJ2yOBfQ1hr3wacUOgHhY_ZFZ2ujxAEo
youtube.com/watch?v=6RTtst_ebcA
youtube.com/watch?v=e1j7zc31CcY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In Episode 2 Jar Jar is revealed to be a Sith. Not even joking the movie seemed to have already be setting it up.

It wasn't a story that needed to be told. A film focused purely on Obi-Wan but completely different would have been okay.

I dunno but Disney will certainly show us in the next 10 years im sure

Why bother, Natalie is old now

it would be essentially the same, just with better dialogue and fewer space japs and aqua-jamaicans and lucaszaide micro-managing. and midi-fucking-cholorians.

the background story, the dynamic in anakin's head, the underlying plot, everything, was masterful. but the execution was fucking terrible. the end.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZJ2yOBfQ1hr3wacUOgHhY_ZFZ2ujxAEo

Essential viewing before posting.

I honestly wouldn't. They ruined the character of Anakin by showing his fall. Anakin/Darth Vader were so much more interesting without us seeing how it all came to be.

That said, if I'm forced to make them:
>Ep 1 Introduce during training, set seeds for fall
>Ep 2 The Fall
>Ep 3 Dealing with the fall/early days as Vader

I'd also have the fall be more of a morally ambiguous thing and not over love/revenge kind of thing...like make it seem as though it's something he doesn't really like but is doing because he feels he has to. At first he struggles with some of the acts he performs but they're for the greater good...after some time, it becomes his new normal.

Easy as fuck to make the films somewhat decent, by:

-Removing Jar Jar, from all films.
-Hire the dark and actually foreboding child actor that George rejected in TPM for Anakin, no Jake Llyod.
-Get rid of most of the political shit
-Get someone to actually proof-read and correct the awful dialogue
-use smart cgi and practical effects, try to be real as possible instead of this awful greenscreen every scene shit that is so obvious
-Instead of the weak ass droid armies we were given, make them taller, stronger, more menacing and harder for the Republic and the Jedi to fight. Give us a sense that they are actually a threat, and not some annoyance.
-Have George stay far away from the films except as producer/funder

Just a few things that would make the prequels better.

Anakin turns to the dark side because Obi-wan cucks him with Padme

Turns out luke and Leia are Obi-wan's kids

Move hayden into the first movie when he is younger and give him more experience so by time 3rd comes around he is more older like he is now and has a more rough edge to him, I might even space the 2nd/3rd movie out a little to age the cast.

I would start with training and show his relationship between obi/anakin but more like books where relationship is more brotherly even if obi is still a dick at times.

I would move quigon into more of a mentor role and get yoda out of there except for being leader guy, reduce nostalgia bait so yoda fight doesn't happen till end of second movie if they still need it. As much as I actually liked lightsaber fight between Palpatine/Yoda, I would use that to showcase the force but obviously similar outcome.

I would remove dooku either as a sith or place him as a jedi that turns, maybe even mid battle but wouldn't kill off maul or just change is so there is one antagonistic villain to keep Sidious hidden, breaking in new ones each movie was a bad idea.

I would secretly foreshadow Anakin's relationship with padme instead of showing most of it since showing it basically changes the structure of the story and to keep starwars feel it doesn't leave a lot of room to tell that story well so I would keep hinting at it and show pieces and let audience fill in the gaps.

JarJar is gone. Or if they really wanted gungans, I would use a different voice actor.

I would start with training/anakin's fall in the first with relationship hints and showing civil war.

second movie is anakin becomes vader, and how war ends all of that, and then I would use the third movie to show the Jedi Purge and Vader getting to be Vader and use end of the third movie to show Luke/Leia revealed and give third movie hopeful feel for the future.

Have an Anakin that actually sounds like James Earl Jones

And an Obi Wan that looks just like Alec Guinness while we're at it

I'd make Anakin likable. That's bound to help something.

youtube.com/watch?v=6RTtst_ebcA
not perfect, but better

>Have an Anakin that actually sounds like James Earl Jones
An old obese black man playing Anakin. This is the prequel I want to see.

Change the Jedi from space monks to more of a galactic UN. Have Yoda be the spiritual leader and Mace be the General. Lampshade him to be the "bad guy" with a huge redemption arc in the end. The army is regular citizens, not clones. They later become the empire army unwillingly.

Anakin is just a great fighter pilot who falls for Padme. Remove all the prophecy junk.

Obi wan is known for his swordsmanship but is overconfident.

Yoda doesnt have a mini light saber. He fights with his chi.

Qui Gon takes Dookus role as the first Jedi to fall, it sets the precedent that evil is rising and has infiltrated the Jedi.

Nah just some kid with a deep voice and similar speech pattern

Getting your lungs burnt doesn't make you go from Hayden Christensen to James Earl Jones

D R O P P E D

Skip entire first movie, start with Anakin meting Obi at the Jedi academy (fuck midchlorians and chosen one prophecies too.)

It's the suit, not his voice.

Of all the problems the prequels had, I feel that Anakin's voice was a non issue.

He has an entirely different accent from Vader tho

It's nitpicky but it still bothers me

does this mean anything outside of Sup Forums?

you know I consider everyone in hollywood jewish, by default. I think so does everyone one else in hollywood.

>film focused purely on Obi-Wan
a film called Highlander
>There can be only one on the highground!

i would write them out of existence. darth vader's origin is the stuff of legends and hearsay.

HERES A BAG OF ROCK SALT

Anakin should've been like 20-30 so you could actually relate to him as a father

>Jedi scattered throughout galaxy in small tribes rather than 99% of them being cramped in a temple in the middle of Space LA
>Lightsabers only used by Jedi KNIGHTS/sithlords
>Different Jedi professions like Force alchemist or some shit rather than just Padawans, Knights and Masters
>More exploration of gray Jedi and various manipulations of the force
>No desert farming uniform default
>Various colors of lightsaber
>Red is not exclusively bad guy and Blue/Green/Purple isn't exclusively good guy
>Better script
>Focus isn't on Ani
There are too many things you can fix about the prequels, OP.

greater focus on darth vader's thoughts on sand

If they bring him back, by some miracle, in the Sequel trilogy, I'd like him to basically be an anti-hero Sith. Plagueis was his apprentice who took off, trained his own apprentice who killed him (Plagueis) and Jar Jar took Sidious under his wing as a sign of respect (mimicking what Obiwan did for QuiGon).

He shows up and basically acts as a more moderate Sith in the same way Luke moderated the jedi code

This mostly sounds like a fan who just wants a redo of the original trilogy as much as possible, not realizing that what made the original trilogy so powerful was how new it was at the time, and less so the parts in it. It's still solid but to make one thing like the other is to homogenize them, not to actually fix one.

What did you think of it?

youtube.com/watch?v=e1j7zc31CcY

This is more of an attempt to make the series more interesting or more realistic but the idea of Star Wars itself is to be a sci-fi mono-myth.
Nearly everything done is meant to be thematic to a narrative.
>Jedi are cramped in a single temple because their order is highly dogmatic and restrictive, like the Catholic Church during the renaissance or some similar organization.
>Like Samurai or Knights, Light-sabers and training sabers (this was handled better by the videogames, ironically) are both a weapon and symbol of office.
>Different professions sounds fine honestly, I think the lack of them was meant for keeping the idea of an ascetic hierarchy strong rather than a Star-Fleet type organization.
>Gray Jedi were more of a thought experiment produced by the Extended U (a good one I think). In a way, Luke was the first shown gray jedi
>Light saber colors were meant to designate good vs evil explicitly
>Better script would be fine
>Focus has to be Ani but it should have done a better job showing how he saw the Jedi as hypocrites and corrupt

Pottery