How do drug tests work?

How do drug tests work?

Hypothetically speaking, could somebody who has only smoked one time, over 3.5 months ago, pass one?

Yes, you are fine.

Drug test for which drug?

That's an important detail, chuckle nuts.

Not if it's a hair test.

If it's a hair test, you're fucked, m8.

GG.

Weed

ha, yes you will pass. i think it only goes back a few weeks. and with one joint it may only be like a week to get out of your system. not totally sure but

>could somebody who has only smoked one time, over 3.5 months ago, pass one?

Yes. Unfortunately the drug tests can't detect that for out.

He will probably pass a hair test too.

Op, you're safe. My older brother smoked weed the day before a test and still passed.

The initial test is an immunoassay test such as EMIT - Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Test, where metabolites of the drug in your urine bind to enzymes that cause a color change in the medium

you just pee in a cup
you'll be fine

if it's pee test and you are alone, just dip shirt in toilet water and put it in jar. I have a friend that passed this way fucker is a disgusting junkie that smoked weed a day before the test.

Depends on the last time he cut his hair.

Well I haven't taken the test yet.

My friend told me that the person throws a blue thing in the toilet. Is that what that is?

no, that's just so you can't do you pee in a cup, they stick the test strips into the cup. they check the temperature too so if you're using fake urine you need warmers (usually included)

hair test is the only way its showing up and even that is unlikely for a one time smoker. on top of that Itd have to be some serious shit for them to run a hair test. most jobs do spit or piss. i smoked 3 days before a piss test and passed, and ive smoked the day before a spit test and passed and im no light smoker.

You are good dude. It stays in your system like 1 week tops.

Oh. Ok. So I won't know the results right away then.

Depends. Some places do it on site immediately, others ship it to a lab somewhere else.

My jobs have gone the lab route, probation did it right in front of me and handcuffed me 5 minutes later when it failed
(1/2g coke, failed 11 days later, fucking metabolic conflicts)

You are totally good.
For future reference:
Heavy smoking will take 30-40 days to clear
Moderate is around 20-14
Light use is 10-4
HOWEVER Edibles and concentrates are amazing but they will make you fail a drug test easier, they stay in your system quite a bit longer.

Well the appointment is at a lab in a few days.

It's got me stressing. Every place I look says I should be good, but there's this doubt in my mind, that I just can't shake.

you are one hundred percent going to pass it unless you're really fat and worked out a ton today. on that note, if you don't want to take Sup Forums's advice (which you NEVER should) go to a drug store, like walgreens or Walmart, and buy a self test kit. buy two if you need the piece of mind, they're gonna run you about 8-15 dollars for the marijuana ones. then you don't have to take this shithole of a sites word for it.

I was the same way especially when I was newbie stoner

How bout you try google before Sup Forums. Also yes you are fine dipshit

99.9% it will be out of your system for a urine test unless you have a metabolic issue with the enzyme that metabolizes it.

If we're talking about not being a dip shit, then we're talking about not asking Sup Forums for advice or information on important things ever.

>this doubt in my mind, that I just can't shake.

tell you mind to stop being a faggot

this is not entirely foolproof, i was clear on a store-bought test before happened

I went from being an everyday pot smoker, quit cold turkey, and passed a DOT piss test 12 days later.