What is the best programming language and why is it C++?

What is the best programming language and why is it C++?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rX0ItVEVjHc
youtube.com/watch?v=QM1iUe6IofM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

comic sans, the one on my manga

You seem to already know that C++ is the best language, so what's the point of this thread?

But what about Scheme?

Have you read your SICP today?

It depends a little on which criteria you score it

On one hand C++ makes it much harder for idiots to produce working code, on the other hand C++ makes it much easier for hackers to break your shitty code

C++ is an abomination of a language.

The best programming device is a computer

I personally like CSS

That's a funny way to spell "Java".

>C++

Nigga learn HTML and then come talk to me.

I like brainfuck

Yes ur rght the bestest device of programs is computir

Eye knows, ur whalecum random user

Nope, Java must be better that C++, considering M$ jumped onto the chance to clone it and ideally replace C++.

>C++ makes it much harder for idiots to produce working code
The opposite is true. It's easy to misuse it's features not present in C to make really retarded, bloaty code that still functions. Especially with templates, good god was that a bad idea in retrospect.

Angular 2

>programming language
>lists a framework

c++ is a great langauge for things like game design and more complex programs where you need low level access. C is the backbone witch is great. C++ adds allot more libraries to choose from and classes. But your not forced to program using classes though it is standard.

>not mentioning god-tier C#

you just answered your own question you stupid nigger

C# is really fun to program in but is mostly only usable on windows :/

truth

False, with .NET Core you can code for Linux, Mac or Docker just as well as for Windows. Same code, multiplatform support. Limited extensions tho, but hey, it gets all the required job done.

But not fully portend to linux and mac

Java does the same trick, and it's bytecode runs natively on ARM processors.

I've been a software engineer since the 90s and I can tell you that there is no such thing. You can have a preference, sure but no such thing as the "best."

>what is windows RT

Totally depends on what you're doing, but in general I'd say Python 2.7

I think java is the best, its the easiest to learn and it not overly complicated and best of all it goes nicely on linux

>using mono
ISHYGDDT

The Cuck's Answer

C++ is garbage.

It takes a god-tier language, C, and tacks on the world's second worst implementation of classes. Everything that's not part of C is javascript tier.

Just use C and structs jfc.

Nope, not at all. It's a stupid argument. The question should be: what is your favorite programming language and why?

So what is it?

python, niggers

what is the worlds worst implementation of classes?

Shouldn't it be ++C. Cause else you'd just be using C and increment after.

++C would be D by that logic.

C is the language of God. C++, well, its just a mess, really. Useless feature piled on another useless feature, designed to make you feel smart when what you're doing is actually really stupid. Not only that, but OOP is also dying, and thank god for that.

C
One you read assembly dumps of your compiled code, which and alpha cider does, thou cocoon know what thou ate laying down

C++ is for the whiners who can't organize their functions and structures and pointers

The less you can imagine the machine code created, the more irresponsible your code

My favorite language? I have a couple in no particular order:

- Lisp (scheme, cl)
- C
- Erlang

VB6 4life

nothing gets the UI done faster, and over the years people have developed techniques that let you do just about anything in the language.
multithreading, standard DLLs, modern shell stuff.. all has been hacked in.

Python 3.x is better than 2.7 idiot. It builds on shortcomings of previous versions. I hope you're either trolling or just an idiot.

Spell check my Sides!!!

Zozzle

it goes nicely on any system. That the perk of the Virtual machine.

>joke
>your head

It would be C+1

>My balls
>Your mom's open mouth

programming noob here, can you explain why the death of OOP is good and what and why the alternative is better?

I more like CSGO

It depends on what you want to do. 2.7 has much broader support than 3.x but that will likely change soon enough. Python && HTML5 for life.

>my mom
>is in a coffin

IMO its any version of Python. The syntax doesn't give me aids so that's definitely a plus

Aw, apologies then. Tell her to get well soon, OK?

ok, you can put your balls in mouth instead?

Because computer's don't actually work like the real world, hence its not useful to think of them as if they did, not in high performance programs anyway. Objects themselves are a necessary thing to organize code, but trying to think of everything as an object has lead to the gazillion "design patterns" and other OOP-ideology-driven anti-patterns in wide use today, making large programs much harder to read than they should be, and on top of that, less performant than they could be. Its also misinformed to think that what makes an object is it's logic (methods) - an object is data, and the data is what really says how the logic should work.

For some references if you're interested on the subject though:
youtube.com/watch?v=rX0ItVEVjHc
youtube.com/watch?v=QM1iUe6IofM

I use qBasic64
Its really good at making games.

I will, just don't bite too hard, slugger.
*does a 360 and walks away non threateningly*

holy shit thank you

>what is a zune

because you can't make any operating system, or any REAL game, without c++ and it made all actual technology including enviroment for interpreted languages possible, java, python and others interpreted languages are for normiplebs

Thanks, but I don't get what OOP is exactly. I know what objects and methods are, but what makes a program OOP? Is it lack of functions? Lack of something else?

Every programmer's dream is to pretty much be able to program in pseudocode.

Python fits a realistic version of that dream

>you can't make any operating system, or any REAL game, without c++
You're thinking about C here, not C++. The Linux kernel for example has no C++ code in it. Before the early 2000s, C was also the standard in game programming, and a lot of studios still use it instead of C++.

Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 it 8/8.

This user gets It
Oop is quite needed in Game development though

When a class is instantiated as an object, that is OOP. Fuck you.

There is no best language it is subjective. I program in java, c++, and go mostly but those are just what i enjoy

Not the same user, but what makes a language oop is that everything is built around clases and objects which are instantiated from them, instead of just data. Usefull when you need to represent complicated data estructures, and incredibly annoying for everything else

Lisp has always been able to do that.

lrn2English

How are you liking Go?

Favorite compiled?
Delphi.
Best compiled?
C++
Favorite scripting language?
Perl
Best scripting language?
Probably Python 2.7, maybe Python 3

>trying to show off with a useless, esoteric language
well don't you feel like a special little snowflake?

You gave me flashbacks when you said Delphi!!

Its this misinformed ideology of trying to conceptualize everything in a program as an object, coming with a lot of additional jargon bundled with it, such as 'inheritance'. Since this way of thinking is so prevalent in the industry, or has been for a long time, basically most programming courses talk about it very early on, so I don't think I should go into it much further. What I do have to say is that when your code starts to be full of things like "AbstractClassManagerFactory" or "FactoryGeneratedSingletonObjectManager" or whatever similar messes nobody will ever understand the intention of, you've grasped the essence of industrial object-oriented programming.

>Especially with templates, good god was that a bad idea in retrospect.
Idiots inability to use a language feature doesn't invalidate that language feature.

the sweet, sweet, rapidly-developed memories

"You haven't written C++ until you can't understand the code you wrote only a few weeks ago" - Stallman, probably.

Lua

Come at me faglords

javascript obviously

php

The only time I did windows dev. It was with Delphi ~1998 or so. I mostly did development on IRIX and other unix/bsd systems. It was nice having that IDE with all the tooling in one spot. Borland did a good job. I was glad I studied Pascal in the past!

The one that allows you to do all of the job the fastest.
C++ is trash for anything than performance-constrained programming. Way too much syntax.

I prefer python 2.7 over 3.x purely because I can type "print x" instead of print (x)". Saves so many keystrokes

Lua is interesting. Never had to work on a project using it.

We said programming not scripting, Kid.

C++ has an incredibly reductive syntax. It just happens to be that most of the things C++ doesn't hold your hand for are handled by contemporary langues. Therefore, it gets a bad rap.

But with c++ you get allot more support for libraries with backward comparability. You can choose not to use classes and write in mostly c.

Well basically OOP done by smart people is good.
But when it's done by not-so-smart design copypaster, it become objects creating objects inheriting abstract objects. Each portion of code for a single entity is spread other lots and lots of files for "code efficiency" -when the correct way to do it would have been a helper class which are barely seen nowadays because multi-inheritance-

Any industrial java code is a pure mess.

The alternative is a "back to the root" hiding the objects to the user, making them program in a more c-style imperative way or asynchronous programming.

Basically either you are dumb and you should only manipulate simple tools that prevent you from fucking everything up or you know what you are doing and only then you can start using the complex stuff.

python is a cool begineer langauge and one of the easiest. But in the real world its ostly used for web developement. Most compannys dont want to release their source code to the public. Yes you can compile your python but then you need to make it fully in python or link with another langauge which i dont even know where to be.

Not to mention that the C++ intel compiler have nearly the same output for C style C++ and pure C. No perf loss.

Assembler of course

>Any industrial java code is a pure mess.
Embedded software developer here, worked closely with a team of Android "devs" for the last year, interfacing hardware with mobile platforms. Good fucking God Java programmers are the stupidest, most "copy-pasta" programmers on the face of the planet.

A great media player for its time?

what those libraries provide is rarely necessary, and if it is, its pronably already implemented in c. the problem with c++ is that it tempts you to make bad decisions, like using the abstracted interfaces of said libraries such as stl containers, without really understanding the costs. that being said, sure, you can write c in c++