I realised too late that it wasn't curiosity that killed the cat, Ray. It was getting out of the bag that did

I realised too late that it wasn't curiosity that killed the cat, Ray. It was getting out of the bag that did.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wbKJt1NQtZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just quit smoking cold turkey, and Christ if that bird isn't one cold son of a bitch.

What did he mean by those.

>I quit smoking Ray, cold turkey. Thing is, I was too busy drinking to thaw the fucker.

Hey this is fun

>You can't quite cold turkey if the bird never cools down, Velcoro. Caspere knew this

They say that you if you stare into the eyes of Medusa, you turn to stone. Well, guess what, Raymond? They call me Medusa cause I'm already stoned.

>You know what happens to curious cats, Ray? They wind up back in the bag. With a few pieces missing if they're lucky

I never watched this show, is that close?

Check out my circumcised penis, Ray. I'm a member of the tribe now. Four thousand years of penny-pinching tradition, and all I got in my wallet are moths. L'Chaim you greasy goy cocksucker. Caspere Jew this

Boy did season 2 have shit dialogue.

almost 'so bad its good' type deal

They told me once, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." How can I do that, Ray? I AM the kitchen.

Yeah

Something about it I liked, not sure what. Don't feel like rewatching it ever because I'll probably end up hating it

But there was one neat scene at the end, where VV is walking in the desert and the hallucinations of people from his past, like the black dudes hassling him

>VV is walking in the desert and the hallucinations of people from his past, like the black dudes hassling him

Best scene of the season for sure

They say early bird gets the worm. Guess what Ray, I don't even like worms.

I loved Farrell telling that kid he'd "buttfuck his dad with his mother's headless corpse"

You ever wonder why boiling water softens potatoes, but hardens eggs? All these fuckarounds get put in the water and go soft. Me? I've been boiled so many times, I'm ready for my Easter painting.

They say to never bet against the house. Well you know what I did? I bet against the condo. And now I got HOA fees fucking me in the ass.

how was there such a dramatic drop in quality from S1 to S2?

I almost feel bad for vince vaughn because of how shitty it is

Classic

>Is there a saying about throwing the monkey on your back out with bathwater? Because it sure as hell ain't no baby...

You gotta walk before you run, Ray. Caspere knew this. Turns out the world is a hamster wheel and I've been running my whole life.

People like you are a diamond dozen, Ray, and i'm a fucking Amethyst

You ever hear the expression "pissing in the wind"? Well, I've been caught with my pants down so many times now that I'm doing the pissing and passing wind.

I honestly think Vaughn's acting was great, but yea some real silly lines.

Pizza didn't steal from an actual writer for S2 and Funkynigger was let go cause him and Pizza couldn't get along, now we know who had the real talent.

Come back Funkynigger! Come back!

If Nic Pizzolatto had made a thread here at Sup Forums about some ideas regarding "Vinceposting" and used suggestions like these in S2, would you be proud? Or disgusted? Furthermore, would it have improved the quality of the show?

>I was never too good at math. Shit, I was terrible in school. I failed calculus three times. But when you've got four dead bodies on your hands, three hours until sunset, and two dirty cops digging through your trash can --- well then the numbers start adding up real fast. I'm talking Road Runner fast. And if you can't put one and two together, and if the guilt you got weighing on your back isn't equal to the unit pressure of four dead men when you divide that heaviness by the surface area of LA -- that's when you know the test's fixed and there ain't no right answer. Just a bunch of fucking equations that all equal a big ugly zero. Like life.

>fire pizza
>acquire fuqunigga
>hire literally anyone else as writer
>hire Brendan Frasier as detective

I have made Season 3 kino, or as I like to say it, TrueKino

why no Rustposting?

>Times like this, I just want to give up the ghost. But you can't give up what's haunting you. Casper knew this.

>They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I spent my whole life thinking I was the apple salesman. But do you know what I just realized? I'm the fucking doctor. And it's time for a check up, Ray.

You know what, Ray? They all laughed at Christopher Colombus when he said the world was round. But he was right, and now I'm standing on the edge of the earth and I'm about ready to bite my own ass.

>Reddit said our season was the bad one, Ray. Well, the upvotes roll all the way down to the ballot box.

>mfw vinceposting returns

This really is a quality meme. Why did we stop?

>never do anything out of hunger Ray, not even eating

Clean it up a bit. Otherwise, it could be the magnum opus.

Never judge a book by its cover, Ray. Not even a comic. Caspere knew this.

They say you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Well Ray I actually wanted the horse to piss in the water.

They say life's one big rat race. Well, I've been running all my life and I'm tired. I'm so fucking tired that I've already been tired and now I'm about ready to be retired.

They say life's a box of chocolates, Ray, but when I opened mine it was all one slab

You know what they never tell you about killing two birds with one stone, Ray? At the end of the day you're left with some rocks in your pocket and two corpses at your feet

>I once saw this old lady cross the street once, Ray. She was slow as shit and had no idea what was going on around her. The Russians think I'm the old lady, but you know what, Ray? I'm the bus that runs the red light and hits doing 80

They say you should never order a steak well done. HOWEVER

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS

Only two things you can count on in this life, Ray; death and taxes. I've already lost count of all my bills, but it's never too late for a body count.

>It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm the fuckin' Chinaman

Did nobody other than Pizza Latte look at the scripts?

My old man tended to obfuscate, Ray. Obfuscate. But at the end of the day, he wasn't being perfidious, you know what he was doing? He was just being unequivocally fucking ratiocinative. Caspere didn't understand this.

i literally walked out of the theater after that

Ask yourself this Ray - if the cat always lands on his feet, why does he need nine lives?

Me.

>actual writer

He is an actual writer.

They say people in glass houses shouldn't get stoned, but I'm hotboxing this mother and nobody's gonna stop me

They say it's a doggie dog world out there. Well you know what Ray? I'm allergic.

They say a penny saved is a penny earned, Ray. Well I just robbed the bank. What now?

>plebs still can't understand the point of Franks dialog and weird lines
>plebs still can't appreciate season 2
>plebs still think that season 1 was better

Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead. And you know what, Ray, it's just you and me.

>They say you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I just won the goddamn Kentucky Derby, Ray. Caspere knew this.

Frank was fucking GOAT for memeing.

They say it aint over until the fat lady sings, Ray, and my stage is full of african women

They say hunger makes the best sauce, but you know what Ray? I like ketchup with my tendies.

They say it ain't over til the fat lady sings. Let me tell ya something, Ray, I've made of plenty of fat ladies sing and here I am

For some strange reason, I laughed so hard at this that spit went all over my monitor.

I'm beginning to genuinely think I'm retarded.

This is the first decent one I've seen in this thread so far, but sorry now everyone is gonna think youre just samefaggign yourself.

Lol, people are so quick dismiss Pizzaman as the talent, it's crazy. What happened was two auteurs got together and captured lightning in a bottle. Fukunaga is a great director, but a writer, not so much. Sin Nombre, Jane Eyre and Beasts are very good films, but they're just shy of being great.

Fukunaga took an incredibly complex, strong script that reads like a novel - one which I've had the pleasure of reading - and turned it into one of the best seasons television has ever seen. Without Fukunaga, TD flails. Without Pizzman, TD flails.

Season 2 was quickly dismissed. It, to me, was a great piece of pulpy neo-noir, and on rewatch, it's even better, especially when you know what is happening. The issue was the lack of gestation meaning the scripts felt like first or second drafts. I think season 2 was an admirable attempt and I'm interested to see what season 3 will bring.

What I'm saying is that TD worked because these two visionaries came together and knocked heads

The job should be a piece of cake ray, but you know what, I'm more in the mood for pie

This mostly.

>I just won the goddamn Kentucky Derby,
Doesn't that make him the horse?

He was trying to act all high class and intelligent as a way of overcompensation because he wanted to distance himself from his inner gangster. That's why a lot of those lines sound forced, even cringey, but that's the character. Season 1 was better though.

>t. Caspere

"We get the world we deserve"

>I wanted to go cold turkey, then I found out smoking's for the birds.

Ray, do you know what they say about a life unexamined? They say a life unexamined isn't worth living, Ray. Well, I'm about to make some people a lot more worthy, Ray, because I'm giving out free prostate examinations today.

For those who don't know this is actual dialogue from the show

Do you know what their mistake is, Ray? They think stealing from me is like taking candy from a baby. They don't think I can defend myself. You know what they don't realize, though, Ray? The candy man can.

So is this show actually bad, or just not as good as S1?
I need a new series to watch and I refuse to let that be GoT or TWD.

I wash my sheets every day Ray. You know why? Not because they are dirty, but because I am.

>You ever wonder why boiling water softens potatoes, but hardens eggs? All these fuckarounds get put in the water and go soft. Me? I've been boiled so many times, I'm ready for my Easter painting.
I feel like there's a decent quote in there somewhere, something about him being hardboiled.

You know what they say, Ray? They say, let sleeping dogs lie. I'm not sure though, Ray. If the mutt is lying in his sleep, how can I be sure he's even sleeping in the first place?

season1 was GOAT

Yes yes but I asked about S2

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Ray. I keep my hands on the table but I go right on ticking. This whole town is wound too tight and soon the fucking alarms will start ringing. Caspere knew this.

>They say Caspere and the Russians played me like a damn fiddle. But the Opera ain't over yet, Ray.

You know what they say, Ray? They say it ain't over til the fat lady sings. Well you know I say? I say she's singing right now. But guess what, Ray? I've been overweight since middle school, and I just got a sex change yesterday.

How am I doing? I need some feedback.

This guy right here gets whats up in the big city.

Maybe

>and when you divide that weightby the depth oftheir shallow graves...

Thanks senpai, Ledditors don't understand much

>Caspere knew this
every time

Why was Caspere so Fucking wise?

They say honey attracts more flies than vinegar. But all the honey pots i've stirred only left me with a sour taste in my mouth. And you know what, Ray? After all these years I'm still Winnie the Pooh.

>It's Thanksgiving dinner Ray, the whole family is here, and I'm stuck at the fucking kids table.

I wish we had more scenes like this. Ray looked like zodiac killer or something.

Season 1 is better but season 2 is still great for everything it succeeds at and does differently. Season 2 creates a pretty large scale conspiracy plot for the viewer but does it rather obtusely. That being said aside from some awkward dialogue, 2 had some moments that totally shine like Ray's Coke Bender that definitely make it worth a watch

Same, I think the premiere was a masterpiece

>Lera Lynn bar scene
>Shh to the crackhead
>Buttfuck your mum
>Gaycop highspeed motorcycle scene

etc

Yes it is good. Different from season one and you'll need to pay attention in places to keep stock of the sprawl but still good.

There is very little wrong with this sequence. It's shot a bit film-schooly but the execution is flawless. Notice where Ray and Frank are talking and in one place the camera lingers on Frank even after Ray starts to reply. That could be taken as an editing mistake, or it could be taken as being done on purpose. Frank is in charge in this scene, not Ray.

youtube.com/watch?v=wbKJt1NQtZE

You know what they say ray "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" but you wanna know something I'm as blind as a fucking bat and you won't believe the kinda shit I hear

It's great, reminds me of Fincher's sterile camera work in Se7en

This is the best meme of Sup Forums.

Casper knew this.

criminally underrated