Hey everyone, 26 year old hopeless alcoholic here. I drink daily and when I don't I withdraw...

Hey everyone, 26 year old hopeless alcoholic here. I drink daily and when I don't I withdraw, I've tried detoxing a few times this month with no avail. When I do I get the shakes, heart palpitations, cold / hot sweats, insomnia, sever anxiety / depression, the whole 9.

I recently have come into self harm as well. Cutting my arms up and what not ... I've never done this before until now.

I don't know if I'll defeat this or how long I have left , I'd just like to talk to some like minded people if there are any on here. Thank you

Other urls found in this thread:

sobergridapp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Bumping

i've been drinking near-on daily for maybe 15 years now.

usually only 3-4 pints of lager, but between a half and full bottle of vodka.

back in college i would drink a litre of vodka before going out just to show off, my tolerance was pretty high as i'd been drinking in bars since I was 13 as was a good guitarist so was always in bands with much older guys.

i'd ameliorate it with speed or cocaine to keep me going.

once i left college I was heavy into ecstasy and coke for about 5 years, then started to experience problems from the drug use so i cut it down and only really drank lager and vodka/mixer in bars.

then coke started to creep back in in my mid-20s.

by the time I was pushing 30 I couldn't really function musically without 2-3 beers in me as i'd been drinking while playing gigs for almost 20 years.

i'd get tired off beer so i started to drink vodka mixed with energy drinks.

for the last 10 years or so i've been drinking vodka mixed with energy drinks not only most evenings to help me keep going, but during the days as I find it hard to find energy to work (self-employed all my life).

a run of bad luck didn't help and now I drink up to a full bottle of vodka every day, although i've recently cut this down to every second day.

although I've put on weight for the sugar in the energy drinks, i have never had withdrawal symptoms, shakes or anything else.

i guess it comes down to your physical and mental makeup.

i got very fit briefly from about 32-35, surfing almost daily and started in on the weed again due to the culture, but i'd always bring a few beers and my vodka to keep me going.

i'll try to answer any questions you have, but I don't really see it as a problem for me.

the only problem is I want to lose the weight and don't have time to get fit as I am still working my way out of the bad luck situation.

so i keep saying I will do it "one more day" and then i'll give up, but then I don't, I have stopped for up to 2 weeks, always restart.

u gotta stop man. drinking heavily everyday is so bad for you my friends have developed serious kidney/liver/stomach problems from that shit. substitute it for another drug, like opiates for a week or 2 then get off the opiates, or replace them with something else. youre not going to be able to go cold turkey, but atleast opiates will get rid of the emotional pain/whatever the fuck youre dealing with more effectively than alcohol. alcohol is a shit tier drug anyway.

I used to drink daily, starting when I woke up. I went to an outpatient treatment that was i think 3 hours a day for 2 weeks, then AA meetings.
All you really need are AA meetings but having the treatment was a huge help.
I've been sober now a long time.

go get help bro.
I dont want you to die.

Im going through heroin withdrawals right now, 3rd day. because i couldnt stand to see myself like that for the rest of my life, time waits for no one.

You have to slowly stop. Start having a few less drinks each day. Start doing something like exercise to keep you occupied and to keep your mind off it. I used to drink everyday and smoke weed everyday and over the last 8 months i have been easing off both slowly and am now 2 months clean. Didnt go to any AA shit. I know its hard to find the will power to do it but when you are clean you will wonder why you didnt do ot sooner

If you decide to really stop, just know that the pain of the withdrawals and all of the symptoms that come with are only temporary. It might take a couple/few weeks to starts to feel normal again but it is well worth it. One of these days soon, I'm also going to stop. Stay strong user.

Be careful guys start by scaling back as kicking heavy alcohol use abruptly can kill you. They literally have bottles of hard liquor in emergency rooms for people that show up with heavy withdrawal

How much was your outpatient treatment... I have no healthcare

>cold / hot sweats, insomnia, sever anxiety / depression

i have all this and i dont even drink or do drugs, step ur game up son

I agree with user, slamming Heroin is a great way to stop drinking.

Don't think you have to use AA to succeed at getting sober, it might work for some but there are other rehabilitation programs you can use. Look into Rational Recovery, it worked much better than AA did for me at least.

I have no way of getting to AA as I was in a car crash that nearly took my life about a year ago (12 days in hospital) so wtf do I do? I have no transportation ... I can't get to these services

oh uhhh it was a long time ago but I think it was $500....they do sliding scale and take payments, or at least the place I went did

It's not 100% necessary to go to treatment or anything....but it really helped me

you have to shop around...my college recommended the place

Taper off, genius. Get a medical guy if you can't

and into suicide methods list it goes

I am my 3rd day of no sleep because I get to the point where I can't drink. So I going to start tapering with beer. Then a benzo when I can't handle my head. I know how you feel user

opiates ≠ injecting herion
checked btw

This fucking thread again.. I drank a good 15 to 25 measured drinks a day for 10+ years. Mostly I drank vodka. When I quit. I just cut down to 6 drinks at night for a couple of days and then quit all together. No shakes no withdrawals. Seriously you fuckers must be 17 year olds making up shit.

Go to a doctor, therapy, get something in life that you love more than substance abuse. It's hard but doable. Or keep making excuses and fizzle out as a ruin. Your choice.

Bump

This.

It's hard to quit, but this isn't near a rough amount yet. Don't get me wrong, your organs are dying and youre increasing your risk of heart attack by drinking this much, but you should still be fine basically going cold turkey. Dangerous Alcohol withdrawals peak about 48 days after your last drink and taper just as quickly.

Bumping

Dangerous Alcohol withdrawals peak 48 days ??? lols what?? 48 hours you mean?

Haahahha just noticed that

I've been through it. And what we have in this thread is a whole lot of little bitches. fucking millennial bitches .

I don't get it

man up.

Yo OP. You sound like you're in a desperate spot so I'm going to give you advice on what helped me. I'm 21 and i was falling in the whole alcohol addiction. Was going to classes drunk and my grades were fucked as a result. Dude I dropped some acid a couple of times and I'm good now. I'll drink maybe a couple times a month now when I go to the club or bar with friends but never drink alone. Dude get yourself some clean LSD. It's such an amazing substance. You will have a spiritual experience and it may very well help you get your shit together. You don't overdose but I caution make sure you get clean acid not some research chemicals. Do your research. Also magic mushrooms would do the trick and would be easier to find on the corner. Give it a shot dude

i quitted drinking after i almost bled to death for going muay thai style on some windows and glasses. I used to start drinking in the morning, did it for three years , i cutted and burned myself up. good times.
But it's not worth it, just quit drinking. Be really hard on yourself, be a fucking man

Bump

Good bye thread

life is boring without drink/drugs

hi gail.

Lol, oops I wrote two days, but went back and tried to be more specific.

I feel ya Sup Forumsro.
I have 6 minutes before the liquor store opens so I'll keep this short.
I'm 50, been drinking hard since 15.
Six years ago I went for 5 years without drinking by getting into yoga, tantra and shit. Then my gf got murdered. I started drinking again a year ago, and I don't know if I can ever stop again. I want to, but I also want to drink! Speaking of, it's about time to hit that liquor store.
I'll report back after getting myself well, if you know what I mean, fellow sick fucker.

>measured drinks
Assumes any of us in here measure our drinks or our drinking

>this thread is dildos
What kind of dildos?
Dragon dildos?

Nah.

Day off work today, gotta take my holidays as I don't get paid for them.
Been shit faced since Fri night.
Fuck life.

I'm back.
Sup Forumsoy, this thread is sure af dead!
>ded thred is ded
Guess I'll just drink some more and shitpost in other threads until I get banned again (almost a daily occurrence now; I don't like to follow rules).

The only answer is to, obviously, drink more, and turn it into a bigger problem.

Check out sober grid, app like AA if you think you can taper off on your own by a drink every two days. Get some candy, ice cream, ginger ales and bang out a shit load of water and take a med for sleep: 50mg of benedryl at 8pm so you fall out and dont stay up shredding. Multivitamin with thiamine.

If you cant slow down, go to inpateint regad, or er and tell you need help, detox over a few shitty days.

Good luck man, i did it last year. Best choice i ever made.

If you don't stop now, it will only get harder to. Eventually, you will die a painful death. You should either seek help or kill yourself, to go on suffering is retarded.

sobergridapp.com/

Dude, if you're in the US, don't pay for outpatient treatment.
If you need to detox, go to the ER and let them refer you to a clinic and you can deal with the bill later.
Then go to AA.
Outpatient alcohol clinics are usually just full of people satisfying DWI-inspired court orders and no one actually wants to be there.

How far is the nearest AA meeting?
How do you get groceries and shit?

Too much like AA for me.
AA is what drove me back to drinking.
I don't believe in the 'disease' concept, nor am I interested in a 'higher power'. I just don't see how a bunch of fuckers who think they are actually ill with some kind of 'disease' can help me at all!
>not OP, btw

Thanks 4 the link tho, user

Benzos are so nice

Way to be a weak chemical-dependent drain on society. Get your ass on the other side of the wall.

Did you trip alone?

>Was like this 110%.
>Violent internal shakes even.
>4oz minimum at 7am, noob and 5pm to keep from being fucked up.
>Drank to keep from killing myself over losing her.
>Got ketamine therapy so I wouldn't an hero.
>Fucking alcoholism withdrawal gone after the 45 min session.
>Two days later get another 45 min session.
>Never had alcohol problems again. >Causal drinker now.
>Can't tell the doctor because I had to lie about drinking to get the therapy to stay alive.
>Know cure for a deadly disease

kek

Tear down the walls, nigger!
Wall-building is how I got here in the first place!
>btw, I think OP passed out awhile ago.
OP? Are you ded?

My problem is socializing. People who I know of that cleaned up and stopped drinking/drugging, all had a girlfriend or wife or kids.
I'm 30, the few people I know all do blow and drink. If I cut them out of my life, which I have done, I am left sitting alone at home, which I am (for about 45 days now).

Where can I get ketamine therapy and how much $?

do you remember why or how you started drinking daily?

What did you tell the doctor to get ketamine therapy?

>People who I know of that cleaned up and stopped drinking/drugging, all had a girlfriend or wife or kids
Yah. I had all that. Then I started drinking again...

Quit bullshitting. It's time to cut back. Don't be a fucking pussy and just cut the fuck back. Even if it sucks it's better than relying on a crutch. I used to be in the same boat but after I kicked my ass along with others kicking it for me I got out of that hole and started living again. Just drink a little less each week. You can do this.

I know the feeling.
It seems my only social interaction is with the old Korean lady who owns the liquor store.

Atlanta, New York and Ft. Worth

It's roughly $1200 for the sessions. 2-3 45min long sessions, be gone a week wherever you find it

A Psychiatrist and a anesthesiologist do it outpatient in a dentist office like environment.

since you don't have health insurance, and can't get into inpatient or outpatient treatment I suggest trying out AA meetings, going at least once a day. try and share, and reach out for help. It sucks, but it helped me stay sober. if all else fails, i suggest a halfway house. goodluck brother

Thanks for the positive feedback.
>not OP, btw.
>also, edgelord, you are getting dangerously close to breaking Global Rule 15! I've been b& more times than I can count for shitposting Chickun, etc.
Still, you're alright in my book and I'm sure the mods are asleep anyway!

Arise Chickun!

Shit!
I can stay drunk for a lot less money!

Is 3 "enough"?

Sad, really goddamned sad.
Want to stop existing.
Burden to others.
Medicines helped before but no longer.
Really having a hard time dealing with suicidal ideation. It's a all day thought.
Don't want to hurt family.
Can't see how life is going to get better.
Feel like a failure.
Gf gone now too, making it worse than ever.
Been researching this treatment for years.
Finally found it.
It's fucking available in some countries like a goddamn epipen.

The lies....
Don't use drugs at all, have in past.
Drink socially, maybe 2 or 3 on a weekend night.
Prefer a red wine or craft beer to liquor.

That's rough.
I'm all sorts of fucked up.
When I'm in a relationship I hate it (except for sex), and then when I'm single, I am even more suicidal.

How does it work?
I don't want to google it, I want your experience.

Yes, it'll cure suicidal ideation for about a year.

Alcoholism, indefinitely.... Unless you decided to get addicted again a few years down the road. Then repeat I guess.

be a happy drunk
nobody likes a sad drunk

Rich people suck.
Wimps.
Can't even cold turkey right!
Too cowardly to have a memorable experience like withdrawals.
I know a rich heroin junkie that, for $10,000, gets his blood changed out completely so he doesn't have to go through withdrawals when he has to clean up. He does this a minimum of 3 times per year. I, on the other hand, did cold turkey, and I have never forgotten. Lesson learned. Never went back. Been 31 years since I last used.

>go cold turkey xd

Poor people suck too jusayin

You get it pushed IV for 45 minutes in a dark room. You're in a comfy chair or similar. You feel stoned, not that strong. Blood pressure is checked automatically frequently because it will cause it to rise. You drift and feel a little bit more trippy. Then you melt and are gone. It's a heavy trip where you feel like you are understanding the universe. Then it's over, the medicine stops and you snap out of it. After 30 mins of chilling (post ketamine) you are driven to your hotel. Hungover for a solid day. Anxiety is pretty fucking bad. Things are oddly humorous and you can t feel sad anymore. That lasts a month or so. No sads for several months. Get them gradually... Schedule the next session.

Can I just get some Ketamine on the street for cheaper and just cure myself?
Just wondering, cos the price of therapy sounds prohibitive!
Also, I have found that psychedelics really help, for quite awhile! Thinking of tripping again on some LSD and DMT. It seemed to work for me once before for several years!

I got like that for quite a while. I didn't cut myself like a faggot, but I did start getting shakes and shit if I didn't get a few drinks in me. Weed helped a lot when I finally decided I wanted to quit drinking so much.

It just got to be too much after a while, I couldn't even go to work without dumping a couple shots of whiskey in some coffee and taking it with me. That shit almost cost me my job on a couple different occasions, luckily I was able to bullshit my way out of getting caught. I still ended up losing that job though because I was more worried about drinking than I was anything else.

This is true.
>poorfag reporting in to say I SUCK!

Suckin' down dem brews, amirite Sup Forumsros!?!!

I have a piece of paper exempting me from the penalty for not having insurance because my job doesn't offer it and I can't afford it. Medicare in my state won't give me benefits. I pay for everything, meds and doctors, with cash. I make less than $12k per year. If I didn't save $1200... I'd be dead. I'd rather be rich more than anything. It's a superpower, money.

One of the many reasons I should choose not to drink...
>pic related

If you bought a testing kit you might be able to. I looked into it and if I can't get the funds ever, I'll go that route. But street k is generally not ketamine. There may be traces but it's usually either a bad mix of tranquilizers or trash. But if you could test it you'd know.

Ketamine
IV push machine
Blood pressure monitor
Blood pressure meds
Handler to monitor the BP and administer the meds when yours goes deadly high

You'll have to Google the amount of ketamine over a 45min period.... I can't remember at the moment.

Are you me?

25 here, been drinking for about two or three years, maybe longer. Am out of beers at the moment. Anxiety is sky high. Cannabis helps a bit, but it's easy to fall into a deep depression if you don't reduce your intake slowly.

I may be. And if I am, you need to get your shit together. Focus on close friends, make some money, worry less, fear seldom and enjoy wtf ever this consciousness is. And don't put too much in your partners. People come and people go.

Good advice we should all live by.
Thanks, user.

If these threads were less depressing more alcoholic anons would be attracted to them, and might actually learn something out of them.
>alas, they are very depressing.
Lighten up Sup Forumsros!
Have a drink!
Oh wait...

Thank you. And pass it along. Life's tough.

So it goes...

That's kind of the cool part. I can do that now and enjoy it.

Ketamine, fucking amazing.

Will pic related help with my alcohol problem?

No, but it is helping with mine!

>Ketamine, fucking amazing.
Tell us about your personal experience.

Bump

Bumping