Is this the most pathetic thing to happen in UFC history, if not sporting history?

Is this the most pathetic thing to happen in UFC history, if not sporting history?

>train 2 years to fight
>cocky, loud mouth prick pre fight
>gets taken down in 5 seconds after to throwing a limp wristed punch which missed by miles
>lost by submission in the 1st round after being chocked like a little slut
>cries like a bitch after on TV

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXgDb5QGvr0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-qQbQO8QsCo
youtube.com/watch?v=YINkcNcOWe8
clyp.it/brudxxng
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>guy tries to live his dream
>loses

yeah man fuck this guy

The most pathetic thing to happen in UFC history is UFC itself

I can list at least 5 more pathetic things.

not a good day for fighting sports t.bh. UFC literally allows itself to become a meme, and boxing has a guy throw in the towel in the 5th round.

As an all around fight fan it was sad.

Please list, want more laughs desu

On the plus side AJ Styles is WWE champ!!

Ken Shamrock Vs. Dan Severn
UFC 151
James Toney doing the complete opposite of what Punk did
Paul Daley cheap-shotting Josh Koscheck
Dennis Hallman's trunks that one time

why wont this dumbass fight in smaller and lower tier fighting competition first and save himself from embarrassment and into a meme?

He's old as fuck, is injury prone, and is loaded with enough cash to dedicate about 18 months combined into only training for one fight. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to not take this shot.

Do people think this asshole is seriously contemplating making MMA his job? He just wanted to get in there and try.

should've tried it out in a local amateur circuit

Why? If you were gonna put your all in to one fight just do do something you've always wanted to, wouldn't you rather go straight to a UFC PPV card instead of fighting Matt Riddle's training partner at the Golden Nugget in Shitsville, Louisiana?

I don't even like CM Punk but you motherfuckers are out here acting like you wouldn't have done the same thing in his situation.

ufc didnt give him a proper jobber like sage northcutt to fight

I would throw in the towel four rounds sooner if I had to fight GGG. Nigga is terrifying.

Just started watching this year.

This was perhaps the worst event I have seen.

It was obvious this guy was gonna lose why wouldnt he try amateur?

Why would you go into a fight you had no chance at winning? The only advantage I see is Punk definitely made more money, but I believe he already had money, so I doubt it really mattered that much. All the other wrestlers went to smaller promotions, Brock, Batista, Lashley, none of them went straight to UFC.

ppv buys

Satan is correct, Punk made a ballsy decision trying to become a pro fighter at the age of 37 and he paid for it. Still pretty worthy of some respect for even attempting.

Well, if his goal was to avoid embarrassment that's exactly what he should have done.

Instead, he made a spectacle of himself and the result is shit. Of course, his man baby drama tendencies probably make that enjoyable to him, so there's that.

Im just pissed the UFC even allowed this.

Mickey went easy on him, shouldve punished him worst.

You have to look at it from UFC's side too. If you take someone with as much experiece as Punk (none) and have them fight, it'll be the most boring shit ever. Punk gets to "live his dream" and UFC puts on a three round shitter. If you at least feed him to an up-and-comer, you at least give a prospect a win.

Punk and Gall are nowhere near the same level of experience. Gall has two fights AND a fucking lifetime of training MMA.

Why pissed? Gotta get that bank nigga. 203 is the best selling PPV without Brock, Ronda, or the mick since 183.

Exactly.

This is becoming manchild tier shit. Its insulting.

What was wrong with brooks team throwing in the towel?

>have a lot of fun
>test yourself in one of the greatest ways possible
>learn a lot about martial arts, and about yourself as a person
>acquire personal growth
>your opponent decides to submit you instead of fuck you up
>be a class act in defeat
>make a ton of money

>have a lot of fun
>get raped

No, you fight the guy that is closer to your skill level. It doesn't make any sense to throw yourself to the wolves, until you are a wolf yourself. CM Punk is a goldendoodle that walked into a pitbull fighting ring.

>You are rich and always wanted to box... do you fight 1988 Mike Tyson in front of the entire world or do you quietly fight another amateur in front of 50 people?

If Punk just stayed quiet and fucked off, two years later only a few hardcore fans would even bother to watch the youtube video of his MMA debut. Instead, he made a fool of himself. It's not brave, it's just pure delusion.

He's eye socket was broke and he needs an operation you idiot. No point carrying on because you can't see, it was good corner work. Dana white embarrassed UFC for the sake of a few coin.

>Satan is correct, Punk made a ballsy decision trying to become a pro fighter at the age of 37 and he paid for it. Still pretty worthy of some respect for even attempting.

Punk deluded himself into thinking he would win so it was more out of stupidity. Anyone would do it for a million dollars. Anyway it was the easiest bet I've ever had, literally free money so thanks to him for that.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Considering he lost the first 3-4 rounds I'd say he actually got exposed as fuck. Seems suspicious to me the towel was even thrown at all.

>In an alternative reality when I win
>I know that I am better than him

Why aren't these threads on /asp/? WWE is there as well

He didn't lose the first 4 rounds. First round was GGG, second Brook won and it was his best round with the great uppercut but also the round he damaged his eye. 3rd round was close, 4th round GGG won.

Golovkin will clean out the middleweight division, Saunders, Eubank, Jabobs, Canelo are all easy work. He needs to fight at 168 to get beat, would much rather see him against DeGale who's 6'1, he has flaws like the lack of head movement but he is relentless in pressuring.

He should have just got it over and done with like a year and a half ago. He still would have got his ass beat but at least he'd have fight experience.

He thought it was winnable though with enough time which shows he was divorced from reality. At least he got to be in a video game by waiting.

I know for a fact I wouldn't have tried to box Tyson (or even his sparring partners) if I was trying to "live the dream" back in the 80s and 90s.

That's just fucking stupid.

>you will never work ufc marks like CM Punk has

My problem is not with CM Punk, or with the UFC shutting all over all the fighters who've been doing this their whole lives without a nice pay packet, my problem is with the UFC throwing an amateur against a professional fighter for the sake of some coin. We have to be glad Gall took him down and didn't stand up and make a war out of it - CM Punk could have been really badly hurt.

It should send a message to all of the fighters in UFC though that Dana really doesnt give two fucks about their health or safety if he is making money.

If your dream coincides with getting to be on PPV in a large scale event, being part of the spectacle and getting paid like a star, no shit he's not going to take his shot anywhere else.

Fight elsewhere, you risk getting exposed before you ever make to UFC.

When you're getting paid, already have general celebrity, people to support you, projects like comics on the backburner, and the option to return to wrestling in Japan or something, Punk felt the potential embarrassment was worth it.

This is what happens when you're old and MMA wasn't ever the first and only thing in your life and probably still isn't, like wrestling eventually wasn't. He'll went in knowing that, win or lose, he was going to be fine because he had other things going on.

Meanwhile, people pissed at UFC for allowing this to happen, while they laugh all the way to the bank. Dignity wasn't their concern, nor was it when they hyped Ronda as a female Mike Tyson. They're a business, if they see dollar signs, they're going to go with it, dignity and respect be damned.

the UFC approached him to do this. they did the same thing to James Toney. i think they enjoy this sort of thing, embarrassing people for ratings.

Whoever trained him was obviously not realistic with him either which is a huge part of what unfolded Saturday. The point comes where you have to tell a guy man-to-man that this just isn't your thing.

Money is money, I get that, but I was under the impression that a lot of these trainers have a reputation to uphold, and putting your name behind some guy "living his dreams" only to be thoroughly humiliated sounds like a good shortcut to career suicide.

>Another Universe
>Losing > Winning

Is he that JUST?

>turn down spot as top 5 wwe guy to get embarrassed in the octagon and forever damage legacy
>worthy of respect

roufus already established his reputation, he doesn't have anything to prove.

>Waste 2 years of your life "training" for a fight in the UFC
>Get blown the fuck out inside a couple of minutes by a guy almost half your age, without even landing a punch in anger

Utterly embarrassed himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=-qQbQO8QsCo

Look at this faggot coming out like he thinks he is still in the WWE. Smiling, slapping hands, shouting to the crowd. The video doesn't show it, but right before he gets into the Octagon he has a huge shit eating grin on his face.

I think the guy is just a narcissist. He only ever wanted people to talk about him. The way he moved across the ring, after two years at an elite UFC camp, shows he either wasn't listening or didn't really care about the training.

Fuck him and fuck Dana.

That walk on was hilarious. It misses the bit just before when he's in the tunnel going 'Fuck Yeah, FUCK YEAH' to himself as he's walking along. He bought in to his own hype and thought he was something special. Then you juxtapose that against his actual performance where he gallops across the ring like a fucking idiot, throws an air shot, then proceeds to get his shit pushed in.

>guy has confidence and is enjoying himself

Oh no

>0:13
you can see it

After McGoobers first fight with Diaz, he was extremely disparaging about the way in which he conducted himself prior to and during the fight. He was looking at the TV's instead of listening to his trainers, he was laughing and joking, etc. He wasn't present for the fight and didn't respect it. When he fought Diaz again, he was a different man.

CM Punk came out like he had already won, like it was another fake man drama fight. He was thinking more about how he was perceived than the task at hand: fighting against a professional UFC fighter with a winning record. That level of narcissism you can accept from an unbeaten world champion like McGregor. But from an amateur on his professional debut? No, he shouldn't have been enjoying himself, he should have been in the zone.

Maybe then he wouldn't have lanked it across the mat like a fuck springbok.

I would argue that Sheffield United's recent history may be more pathetic in all of sport, but yes, this is the most pathetic thing to happen in the UFC.

he's basically a fan who was famous enough to actually get to try it

He said "I know I'm better than that".

Pretty crazy that this wasn't even the funniest fight of the night. Once he went down it was over, I was actually hoping that wouldn't happen because at least then we would have seen Punk get knocked out instead of just being made to submit.

>these seething casuals obsessing over an irrelevant sideshow fight
That's what's truly pathetic.

>MMA
>legitimate Sport

Pick one and only one.

Floyd looks so weak that I bet even I could heem him in a bar fight

>fuck him and fuck Dana
Yet their plan worked perfectly.
Goofs like you are still buzzing over it.

>dream of being a fighter
>pretty old
>decide to take the shot
>work out a deal
>train vigorously for 2 years with established coaches
>game day
>walk out feeling like a boss
>"time to prove all the haters wrong"
>get your shit pushed in in 2 mins flat
>stand in the middle of the ring with the young buck who shattered your dream
>look into the audience
>see them laughing at you
>cmpunkface.jpg
>"FUCK THE HATERS!"
life is suffering

It was embarrassing that he got ZERO offense in. Of course he would lose, of course he would get his shit pushed in. But to do so without even doing anything? Rough.

can someone post a youtube or webm of the fight please

But really though, if you have 2 years to train for a fight against a UFC fighter, what's the best strategy?

don't even bother with the technical aspect, just get fit and make sure you at least look good and know the rules.

He couldn't even throw a proper jab.

2 years mang. 2 years.

1 on 1 personalized training.

I don't know who's a bigger goof, Rufus or Punk.

Rofousport has one single relevant fighter and he got BTFO in his last few fights. Barely won the last one.

Rogan: WHAT WAS YOUR GAMEPLAN??!!!!

Punk: To Gallop over yonder

He throws punches like a little girl.

the problem is punk faced sparring partners who went easy on him

you can see his pacing is off, his take down defense is off, his guard is weak

they should give him someone that hasn't done mma, like a celebrity match

> WWE is worthy of respect

Fuck off, he ditched that glorified circus act to do something proper.

>he ditched that glorified circus act
still uses his circus name though, probably because he doesn't want to upset his circus fans. and i dare say his performance was worthy of a circus.

Is UFC pay per view? I'm getting Sky and BT Sports in about a month. Will I be able to watch?

How the fuck am I buzzing? Do you even know what that colloquialism means?

Yes, their plan worked perfectly in making them money individually, but they fundamentally undermined the sport and showed it to be very much a low-tier mug's game. Can you imagine a premier league side/NFL team/rugby team/etc letting a celebrity play to get a bit of extra money for their owner?

this.
2 years worth of personalized training and you throw a 1 like that? fuck me.

honestly when i saw how he threw it i thought maybe they focused mostly on rolling cause if his opponent. then i saw him on the ground

That's because they speed-taught him on some brazilian jui-jitsu... and I think that was it.

BT Sports 1 senpai.

That is an insult to a proper circus. I've seen Ducks last longer in a cage against an elephant than Punk.

Not that Punk deserved to be in there, but fucking Mickey Gall is about as far away from being the Mike Tyson of MMA that Punk is from the skill level of the guys in the UFC. Not a good comparison.

Maybe its because I am a gay librarian okay and just like watching fights to feel masculine once in awhile but that touched me, I thought it was really sweet and I felt bad that he got embarrassed but I think I am happy he got to live his dream of trying it.

People who hate him for trying are really ruining the internet. Its not like you have anything to prove you're anonymous. So you really don't have to hate him right?

I allow for making fun of him but not for trying it, his punching yes lol

Still, I really admire him for doing something guys like me would never even try because we are pussies and I think its still brave to try it.

He is just like a kid, lol.

GGG v Canelo will be interesting. All the other scrubs are easy wins for GGG.

I don't see how you can hate someone for trying.

Dana gave him the slot and he ran with it.

Bunch of salty bitches up in this. Go chase your dream and enjoy your own lives.

this would've been the right move but can you really say you would've turned down half a million dollars to live your dream and give your brand more exposure?

I'm glad Punk lost but I respect that the guy gave it a shot.

As a casual UFC fan I loved it.

It was hilarious to see the talent differential between him and a real fighter even after training for a few years.

Wonder if anyone fucked with him before the fight and told him that he was scripted to win. He seems stupid enough to believe it.

Not only that but it gave him 2 years off of WWE to get healthy. His body was breaking down from the strain of being a full time pro wrestler, which is fucking brutal those guys have injury histories that would make NFL players blush. He got a big fat payday, half a million disclosed and rumored to get ppv points as well.

He might get back into training, take a fight or two at amateur or lower tier pro promotions to see whats what and try to get back into the UFC but I doubt it.

I think the whole thing was a smart move on his part. He got a 2 year paid vacation and all he had to give in return was take a 2 minute beating.

guy looks like an awkward ass 8 year old. he is probably no better at fighting than the average dude off the street. like holy shit who gallops into someone and throws a bunch during the gallop? He looks like a mid-90s video game animation.

>he is probably no better at fighting than the average dude off the street

Don't get too carried away now.

>Ken Shamrock Vs. Dan Severn
only the second one

youtube.com/watch?v=YINkcNcOWe8

ITT: yfw watched the fight on free stream

Right in the feels. You bastard.

Still going on Saturday though, still waiting to heal the scars of my childhood.

clyp.it/brudxxng
Made this one for CMpunk, may he rest in peace.

I would argue you are a casual ass bitch and u never saw the first 10 ufcs cause ib especially the first there are loads of dudes worse then punk. I had to go back 20 years though. It was a shitfest. 20e was a meme card

Would you rather be CM Punk at UFC 203 or England in Euro 16?

No you coundn't. He'd just run away.

>James Toney doing the complete opposite of what Punk did
They both got choked out in the first round you idiot. Toney just lasted a minute longer.

Any of the 16 dudes from UFC 1 would have memed all over Punk just like Gall did.

Imagine if that fake overhand right wasn't a fake...

lol you fucking idiot, brook was about to get his fucking eyes gouged out. Dude had a broken damn eye socket and was gettin the shit beat outa him. The fight was great so stfu