Be honest do you actually consider The Beatles to be the best band in History ?

Be honest do you actually consider The Beatles to be the best band in History ?

As soon as Hendrix was on the scene they looked irrelevant.

Other urls found in this thread:

covermesongs.com/2014/03/the-story-behind-jimi-hendrixs-all-along-the-watchtower.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. Hendrix was a good guitar player, but a shitty songwriter. Songwriting is the most important element in being a good musical artist.

if they were really the best band in history would it need to be mentioned every 5 minutes?

no one but boomer faggots think the beatles are the best band in history

Yeah, us millennials know better. Wings are the best band in history.

>Hendrix was a good guitar player, but a shitty songwriter.
opinion discarded

Agreed

hes right tho

>Songwriting is the most important element in being a good musical artist.
opinion discarded

lmao fuck off pleb. No way youve heard electric ladyland

>Hendrix
>Shitty songwriter

wew lad

THE

Nah, they're just quite good. I thinks so, anyway.
>Hendrix
>shitty songwriter
good one
Kneel before Ram, you fucks.

BEATLES

Well they are most certainly in my top five.
I think comparing The Beatles to Hendrix is like comparing apples to kumquats.

Both were great but both were different.
Fun fact: Did you know that The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix were actually good friends? So much so that Paul McCartney even considered giving him a part in the made for TV movie Magical Mystery Tour. The only reason that he didn't take part in the film is because The Beatles thought it was more important for him to go bak to the U.S. and play at Monterey Pop Music Festival and establish himself with his fellow countrymen since he was already a sensation in the U.K.

This event was so important amongst British musicians that no less of a person than Brian Jones went to Monterey just for the sole honor of introducing him.

It's impossible to quantify, really.

But they are without a doubt the most influential rock band in history. They were both the biggest band in the world and were never shy about innovating, even if they had to steal ideas (which all artists do), so their music reached more ears than their contemporaries.

'They were a driving force in the velvets, and made us work harder and got us on our bikes. Rubber soul was where you were forced to deal with them as something other than a flash in the pan. It was rich in ideas and i loved the way george managed to find a way to include all those indian instruments. Lou and i had tried to work with the sarinda. We were only playing it just to get a noise but i realised you could play melody on the sitar as good as Norwegian wood. Norwegian woond had this atmosphere of being very acid. I don't think anybody has ever got that sound or that feeling as well at the Beatles.'

- John Cale

"What were Can's main influences from the world of rock, as opposed to classical and avant-garde?

Everybody a little bit different. But mainly I would say the influence, for me, of [the] Beatles and Velvet Underground was most important."

- Holger Czukay of Can

"When I was 20, I worked at a hotel in a dance orchestra, playing weddings, bar-mitzvahs, dancing, cabaret. I drove home and I was also at college at the time. Then I put on the radio (Radio Luxemburg) and I heard this music. It was terrifying. I had no idea what it was. Then it kept going. Then there was this enormous whine note of strings. Then there was this colossal piano chord. I discovered later that I'd come in half-way through Sgt. Pepper, played continuously. My life was never the same again."

- Robert Fripp

"Since many people would consider Atoms For Peace a supergroup, what would you say is your favorite (or most influential) supergroup?

Nigel Godrich: The Beatles."

anyone who actually does is full of shit

and anyone who doesn't is just trying to be edgy.

It's true. Also couldn't sing for shit.

>if they were really the best band in history would it need to be mentioned every 5 minutes?

Its more like the opposite honestly

>Its more like the opposite

Are you really that contrarian that you're saying Hendrix is a great lyricist and bad guitar player now?

In my personal opinion, yes. I also don't really care for Hendrix.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Piggies into Rocky Raccoon is so good guys
holy fuck

THE FACT THAT SO MANY BOOKS

Oh, really, is that why Bob Dylan preferred Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower? Is Bob Dylan a bad songwriter too?
covermesongs.com/2014/03/the-story-behind-jimi-hendrixs-all-along-the-watchtower.html

>if they were really the best band in history would it need to be mentioned every 5 minutes?

No. The cult of any artist is misguided.

Far better to name separate works, and the Beatles aren't even in the top 1000 best albums.

Yes. Bob Dylan is a shitty songwriter also.

>Hendrix was a good guitar player, but a shitty songwriter.

adding onto the pile of people calling you a fucking pleb

>good guitar player

*probably the best they'll ever be

This is so fucking wrong.