Find a Flaw

Find a Flaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/436732/finding-dory-political-indoctrination-pixar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>disney
there.

>spinoff

I saw it today. Where were the lesbians Sup Forums was sperging about?

>dory
found one

Heartless cashgrab.
Reading Armond tear it apart is more fun than watching the movie itself.

This thread feels just like shooting fish in a barrel. Heh, heh.

>Grown ass men watching this

Unless you are taking a child to go see it, you have no excuse.

it's forgettable

>Date wants to go see it
>Next showing is 7:30 p.m.
>way past her bed time

its literally just two human females at the aquarium in shot for about 2 seconds standing next to a pram together, das it mane

Took my girlfriend to go see it last night.

It was enjoyable, though it lacked the wonder and emotional weight of the original, and had a few rehashes of scenes from Nemo. (squid chase sequence instead of angler-fish chase sequence, ect)

The octopus is a superhuman with the powers of spiderman who winds up driving a truck off a bridge into the ocean

Nemo and Marlin saw minimal screentime, which was interesting.

A big weakness was that none of the dentist's office fish tank gang was there...which was the high point of the first film, imo.

Ultimately, the biggest flaw was that (besides an extremely short chase sequence 20 minutes into the movie)
>no character is ever in any danger
so there isn't a whole lot of suspense, especially compared to Finding Nemo, where the threat of Darla the Fish Killer is very real, as is the fishing net scene at the end.

Pro:
>Baby Dory is cute
Con:
>Marlin loses most of his character development from the first film

Felt like a direct-to-dvd sequel with high funding.

There's no reason for it to exist.
It happens, and it's harmless, but that's really the biggest crime.
Pixar didn't make forgettable movies back in the day. But they opened the doors for animated movies, and then set the bar. When everyone else started to catch up to them in terms of quality films, they failed to keep up. They used to be the example. Now they're just.. an example.

>A big weakness was that none of the dentist's office fish tank gang was there...which was the high point of the first film, imo.

[Spoiler] they where in it tho

For me, Finding Dory was the definition of meh. It left me saying, I just kind of wish it wasn't made. A film that tried way to hard to be emotional and was overly stupid at a lot of points. Set pieces and scenes often delve into being too silly. Perhaps the limits set by animation technologie at the time of Finding Nemo, were a good thing, as the restraint in the film makes it all the more enjoyable and engaging. For a while i thought I might be over thinking it, but when Dory and her Octopus companion drive a truck down a freeway, I knew Pixar had gone to far.
That being said, I liked the side characters, especially Hank the Octopus. They we're perfect comic relief and each one was used just the right amount. The film starts off feeling like a badly paced remake of the first film, even going as far to litterally redo the incredible frenzied Shark escape sequence from the first, though this time neither as clever or as funny, and with a giant squid instead. From this point on though, the film manages to find it's own, different, story to tell which left me ever so slightly impressed that the film wasn't a straight redo of the first film, like many were worried from the trailers. However it mirrors style and events closely as not to piss of viewers, worried they will immediately hate anything that's too different. Character arcs in the film are kind of just quickly wrapped up and the pacing isn't anything to be impressed by. Dory isn't a fantastic lead character however they did the best they could with her and it shows. Marlin, the fantastic lead character from the first film, isn't given much to do and often feels kind of awkwardly present.

As far as Pixar sequels go, it's not their worst. As far as Pixar films go, it's not their best. It's a shame this movie will be viewed as better than Monsters University, another of Pixar's sequels that used the lovable sidekick from the first as the main character. Monsters University was unfairly reviewed in my opinion as it is a really solid and funny follow up to the first film with far more endearing characters and storylines than Pixars latest attempt.

the tank gang actually has a scene in after credits scene

>A big weakness was that none of the dentist's office fish tank gang was there...which was the high point of the first film, imo.

I wanted to know what happened to them after the first film as well as whether or not they got out of the bags.

Still, kind of a fun film I guess.

Wow I completely missed that. Thanks.

it's mid-tier Pixar movie, but overall I enjoyed it

nationalreview.com/article/436732/finding-dory-political-indoctrination-pixar