Number of deaths: 2,626,418

Number of deaths: 2,626,418.
Death rate: 823.7 deaths per 100,000 population.
Life expectancy: 78.8 years.
www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm
Cigarette smoking causes about one of every five deaths in the United States each year. Cigarette smoking is estimated to cause the following:
More than 480,000 deaths annually (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
278,544 deaths annually among men (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
201,773 deaths annually among women (including deaths from secondhand smoke)
Life expectancy for smokers is at least 10 years shorter than for nonsmokers.
Quitting smoking before the age of 40 reduces the risk of dying from smoking-related disease by about 90%.
cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/tobacco_related_mortality/
If the government were to make smoking illegal how much tax revenue would they lose? Are they looking out for the public, or are they looking out for themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/the-black-lung-lie/amp/?client=safari
youtu.be/-5C08Llcgt0
youtu.be/j-pxQLnms5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Natural selection, don't stand in its way, because that is also natural selection for you.

so it is better to try making money off of natural selection?

Glad I quit smoking. I honestly wouldn't mind if they made it illegal. I can't stand being around it anymore.

If you're the one making the money, it is.

If not, it doesn't affect you much.

Let the stupid people kill themselves, look at this fucking mess we've gotten ourselves in trying to save the fools from themselves.

Smokers lungs don't look like OPs pic. It's been debunked a long ass time ago they use COAL MINERS LUNGS for the demonstration. Many doctors have come out and said they cannot tell the difference between a smoker and a non smokers lungs

Huh... I did not know that. Got sauce? I'd be interested to see.

Proof?

Medfag here.
You're full of shit.

I like cigarettes because has chemistry, it relax and shake you at the same time.
I like it...
Why do you smoke?
Because i like it!

On a totally unrelated note, why do my balls hurt? I'm afraid to go see my medfag in person.

oxygen causes cancer, so that might be why some constant smokers live very long lives.

also, people with fireplaces inhale MUCH worse chemicals and it's like four times as bad as smoking.

Yes, pretty much. Why give a shit about borderline retarded people? Quit wasting your time and do something productive.

testicular torsion
go now or they'll fall off

I smoke and hate myself for it and wish I never started. People who defend their smoking are fucking morons.

Oxygen causes cancer. Literally retarded. Sharks don't get cancer yet their gills pull oxygen out of water. Got anymore science for us professor big bang theory.

I was thinking cancer, fuck.

Quit 3 weeks ago Ive been a smoker for 5 years
>feels good man

I know this site isn't reliable but the sources cited are. Check it out

google.com/amp/s/cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/the-black-lung-lie/amp/?client=safari

That's awesome, man. You're past the worst of it. Just whatever you do don't at any point decide it would be a good idea to have "just one" while you're drinking or whatever. You've walked away, so stay away. Congrats.

I agree. No logic to why I do it other than it feels amazing and I'm addicted. I just hate peoples always saying "that's bad for you". Yeah bitch, so are a million other things. Smoking is my vice, get over it.

I'm down to three cigarettes a day. Used to smoke Marlboro Reds and Southern cuts, but the price of cigarettes is over $8 a pack here and I'm used to paying 5. Not to mention everyone where I live now smokes disgusting niggerport menthols and it's making me hate cigarettes.

Try Chantix, Sup Forumsro. No bullshit, it's a fucking miracle drug. It largely takes the willpower out of the equation. The black box warnings are blown out of proportion. The only thing it does to most people is really weird ass dreams. Personally I had a blast with that part.

>If the government were to make smoking illegal how much tax revenue would they lose?
Quite a lot, and the demand of the cigarette market is inelastic, which means that even in a economic crisis it tends not to diminish.

youtu.be/-5C08Llcgt0

Damn I miss smoking so much these pictures always remind me of a pack smokes.

youtu.be/j-pxQLnms5M

maybe we should start using scary pictures on Mcdonalds bags and candy bars etc etc of big orca fat peoples stomachs cut open

because then they would be healthy too i can pull figures and statistics far worse than what you just put...

If smoking weed illegal I'd fuck your wife in prison cuz she smoking and I smoke too.

I don't care if someone's smokes, I do. I'm just pissed half the money for a pack goes to Uncle Sam

As someone that is repulsed by and doesn't smoke, I appreciate that at least you are funding our great nation's impulse buying of large naval ships and tanks that will never be used.
Thank you for supporting your country's inability to properly budget its money

Tnx for the advice brother