You will never get to stay up until 4am in the summertime playing custom games with your bros ever again

>you will never get to stay up until 4am in the summertime playing custom games with your bros ever again.
Take me back
I just wanna go back to coming home from high school, turning on my xbox and hearing this
youtube.com/watch?v=uXcWxw7UHME

Other urls found in this thread:

halolfg.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping with nostalgia

anyone got halo feel stories?

God shooters have gone to shit since then. Halo 3's full multiplayer suite was flawless.

I know man. I played swat like it was an obsession

I use to come home every night to play fat kid with my best friend, we grew up together but he moved away before high school. We use to play for hours and some times just sit around in a forge fucking around talking. Halo kept us close. Right as the games life was finally ending the nail on the coffin was my friend being run over by a truck walking to work.

>You will never again constantly play custom games on Halo 3
>You will never be master of ceremonies with a 16 person full lobby with crazy in-game chat of people rambling about bullshit and yelling about the fun game
>You will never again forge maps for hours on end just so that you can be ready for that big custom games party later
>You will never have your friends constantly inviting you to join their parties to play some sick Halo 3
>You will never again go back into Theater mode to relive that sick insane moment when that shot landed across the map for the triple kill from nowhere

30000+ custom games played, general rank 5 Social Slayer and Big Team Battle, Halo 3 was the pinnacle of innovation for the shooter, 11/10, would masturbate to.

Better yet 4 player Battlefont 2, putting up a blanket or pizza box to separate the screens

sorry to hear that man

I remember 16 player custom games for what seemed like hours, laying on my bed playing duckhunt and garbage man and jenga with people who I didnt even know.
it hurts man
>you will never get to send randoms "nerd" messages when they had pic related in their file share

halo 3 was god tier
every halo game fell off from there, in my opinion

got a 50 in lone wolves, team swat, mlg, team doubles, team slayer, and team snipers

used to boost accounts with a friend, and sell them for more xbox live subscriptions/microsoft points lol

Oh goodness, my nostalgia is showing again.
*Teardrop*

I never had many friends that lived near me growing up so I usually played the solo missions but damn was that game comfy af on ps2

Bitch i remember Halo opening im old enough to be your dad mother fucker now stop complaining about nostalgia cause im older then you so i have more right to complain cause im older.

fuck yes dude. Get the PC version for better graphics and still functioning multiplayer. Plus you get your own screen

damn I fucking jerked to that

the good times

>tfw everyone had that pic saved somewhere
Halo was a special time man, people throwing stick grenades at other's crotches and trying to make it look like a wiener was also pretty popular.

>all those custom games and maps
>that tunnel map you made for zombies on forge that actually caught on
:(

DELETE THIS FUCKING THREAD YOU NIGGER!

You can't go back user, none of us can. Life is cruel.

I always loved playing fatman and all the other games, there will never be a better fucking time

Can we get a game together, for old times sake?

Its okay, we can all remanence together on the good times. Back when coming home from high school meant starting up halo instead of homework to play custom games with people you met mathcmaking that lived across the country. People that probably dont remember you, and you dont remember them, but both remember this game and feel the same way. Sucks

dont forget ice cream truck

Remembering it only makes the pain worse. Please stop. I don't want to want to go back because it can never be.

We all feel the same

>I was in the top 100 warthog gunners in the world according to some website thats probably long dead.
>So many days where I came home from school and friends would be waiting online for me to get on and go destroy people in the hog.
>We learned pretty quick if we took all the power weapons and had my friends drive the hog we would become unstoppable.
>I had almost 6000 kills with the warthog gun before they stopped updating the stats.
>Six fucking thousand.

I cannot express my disappointment when the Master chief collection came out. Unbelievable amount of sadness. I just want to die.

Funny thing was I was never good at the game. Didnt care. I had fun regardless. My first xbox 360 game, first time getting to play with people online and not just splitscreen. I wish i could go back

my first 360 game also played with countless amount of people, never played actual matchmaking tho couldn't get into it

If it wasnt 3am where im at Id be down. maybe try getting a thread started on Sup Forums on day?

same, only time i played online was for group games of big team and playing griffball when bungie had it on the weekend playlist

i don't
highschool sucked
shit was expensive and nobody gave me money for anything that wasn't detrimental to my life/health
only joys in life were calling people niggerfaggots on xboxlive and laughing at how bad everyone who played those games were at playing them

I know every now and again people do a populate halo 3 day, If i remember right its usually on Halo 3 birthday or on April 7th

>tfw you get stuck with a frag nade bcus the hitboxes were glitched
>tfw you would lose a close MLG match bcus of it
those days are never ever coming back

griffball was fun as hell, one of the main reasons I played halo reach alot it had decent custom games for a while also

Bungle day, 7/7.

The only game that I made friends with randoms. Went on 2v2, met most l33t sniper ever met. Dominated other team so bad that we rode on the goose and he was getting mid-air headshots.

We were in tears when we hit a jump, headshot, and landed and road-killed her partner.

My god this game was so perfect in every way.

What was the highest skill level? I always got stuck on the second to highest rating and generally played on the third highest.

50 m8

Don't mlg with me or my son ever again

I remember the fat kid map with the mongoose. I would always get to that shit first and gtfo of the map real quick.

Have you guys heard of ElDewrito?

Have you guys heard of ElDewrito

I do. It was the fist serious fps I ever got into and it was one I played with my dad often. I remember when halo 3 finally came out. We pre-ordered the metal box edition and everything. I have never, ever, felt the same unparalleled joy, anticipation, and excitement.

My father and I played the campaigns together many times and when we finally finished the fight in the third game I cried. I didn't realize master chief survived until later. So that night I mourned a personal hero.

My father had clinical depression, really seriously too. But you don't really notice these things as a kid you know? Stuff just happens around you and it doesn't make an impression until later. But he was trying really hard for me and my brother. He did his best to hide what was up from us and take care of us. Even during the divorce. His gamertag was CyborgDad and a few numbers that I've forgotten by now.

He had thrown out his back and couldn't move well. He went a few states away to go live with his parents again after that. Every summer I'd go visit him. He would either play some old game from the DOS era and show it to us, or he's be playing Fallout.

He had trouble adapting and playing newer games. But halo had become such a muscle memory thing for him that he was still able to keep up with us as our motor skills got faster and we got better at the game. I can't tell you how proud I was when I finally beat my Dad at Halo for the first time. No matter how bad things got for him we always had Halo 3 as a common ground.

He was a tall man, in many was I saw him as Master Cheif myself. About 6' 5" tall, and with a shaved head, he was spartan-like in many ways.

Eventually though he was found dead in that same house with his parents, accidental overdose on painkillers. The autopsy report made it sound like his heart just couldn't handle it anymore. They didn't think it was a suicide, neither do I. But I still tear up when I hear this OST...

God damn... Sometimes I dust off my xbox just to put this in sit at the main screen. The song, the background, the feel of that controller in my hand again. Revisiting old saved maps that are now just empty husks of hours long passed. Replayed Legendary campaign with a friend of mine a couple months ago; shit was good but it'll never be the same. I may be pathetic, but that game was pure joy for me and a big part of my life.

halolfg.com/

Here you go guys, found this about 6 months ago and still use it frequently. Not many people post about Halo 3 on here, but when they do, they will almost always add you, and slowly but surely, you will be back in a group of people living that same nostalgia as you are. Good luck Sup Forumsro's.

:(

Stay up late for the real feels.

I had a PlayStation so I have no idea what y'all are talking about

Trying to get through the campaign without my dad is still pretty had for me emotionally. As fa as I'm concerned the game ended on that ring. It's almost like watching my father die again when it's over.

I miss him.

That actually made me a tear up a bit user. Sorry to hear that, but atleast you still have memories and have something to remember him by

I've moved onto PC since then and it's undoubtedly better. But There's no fucking way in hell i'd ever regret halo.

Rip. Sounds like a good man who really loved you. Hope youre doing well these days user. There will be more good memories to be made. Get some rest and treat yourself to a solid breakfast, he would have liked that. Peace

Some of my strongest memories are from playing this game with friends and family. I have very few regrets.

>God speed spartan dad

I don't my dad killed himself when I was three

This is kind of rare for me. I don't talk about my dad or even my thoughts much to people. I do my best to be strong like he was, and in a lot of ways that means bearing the weight of yourself in silence, while still being there to help others. But it's weird to look in the mirror and see parts of him in my own face. Some of my mannerisms like my laugh, etc. It's surreal that my own laugh can trigger a nostalgia hit. He had such a strong influence on me.

I want to do everything he did right, but learn from his mistakes and improve upon my own life with that knowledge. I think that would be the best way to serve his memory.

>you now realize that enough time has passed by that a slower paced shooter like Halo 3 would likely get panned hard by people and critics

It feels so awful. Halo 3 deserves to have a bigger player base even if it has been years since it's release. I feel if any non Halo came out with similar gameplay people would probably not care. Most shooters die withing weeks. Months if they are lucky. Only Battlefield and CoD sell big numbers and maintain popularity after launch when it comes to FPS.

fuck. that was a rough read.

Halo CE for days and months.

How many of you guys are still here in the thread? I'm the user with the dead dad and I know of a way we can all play Halo Online now for free.

I'll try and get the link up.

I had a nostalgia trip, fired up the old xbox and put on halo 3. just not the same.

here, don't own it anymore though

also, I kinda agree with
some things are better with memory

I have the bundle pack (halo 1,2,3) for the xbox one, totally agree with you. It will never be the same. Even after a single match, it boots you to the main menu so you cant play with the same people. I remember after matches the teams would shit talk the whole time in the lobby waiting for the next game.

Docs google com / document/d/1yVlMw6NzM-liatgr1hBI3hVQN_STHinP2gQQTNjcTnA/edit

Omg the indiana jones lobbys miss these timrs 16 people lobbu dday maps and custom infection maps thx for nostalgia

Why don't we just all go and friend each other and play Halo 3?

You can use this link to download the whole thing on Mega. The community is decently sized still. Fo the most part it's just like old times, tea-bagging and bragging included.

for me, halo 3 will always be the greatest game ever made

If any of you guys want to try and set up a round of Halo online I've set up a chatroom for this thread to use.

tlk io / 4chanhalo3

As long as you remember him, he'll never be dead. Just missing in action.

I remember the days of boosting 50s in SWAT haha a friend of mine had an account with over 2000 losses and we'd hit 50 in under 30 games sometimes.

Sad to think that I'll never be able to play H3 online again..

Seriously guys, we could all play a few rounds right now. The game is like 2GB. Just read this

Docs google com / document/d/1yVlMw6NzM-liatgr1hBI3hVQN_STHinP2gQQTNjcTnA/edit

>He had trouble adapting and playing newer games. But halo had become such a muscle memory thing for him that he was still able to keep up with us as our motor skills got faster and we got better at the game.

I feel this is such an underrated thing about the simplicity of Halo that many do not seem to get. Halo is simple enough to grasp but getting extremely good is difficult to master. With shooters today the developers keep adding all of these crazy movements and while it's okay sometimes I feel it is also okay to have a simplistic shooter as long as it is good. I prefer classic Halo games to Titanfall or CoD IW any day of the week. Halo also wasn't turbo speed like Quake either so it truly was a solid series that can have a wide audience appeal and not be obnoxious about it like how developers love to say they want a wide audience of players yet they seem to not even know how to get such an audience.

Man I miss these days so much. This series has gotten so awful now that they moved away from the classic style gameplay. I can totally see why even a parent would get into Halo. It didn't have to try hard like so many games these days attempt to. All what you need is solid mechanics and fun maps/campaign/multiplayer.

Has anyone ever seen a machinma called
"What the fuck happened to Halo" It was in Halo 3
and they were doing a multiplayer adventure, kinda like RvsB but less popular. It was really funny from when I remember it. The youtuber who made it is called Tacoriffic but he hasn't been active and his videos were flagged by Youtube Red

I don't have a decent laptop and I don't have the money for to buy one. I'd rather spend $60 for a year of xbox live

Top 50 in the world in flamethrower kills.

Fucking reked

yep, this

Im playing now 50 high teamslayer. Still fun occasionally. Miss the old days :(

Halo 3 pistol sucked ass. Solid game though.

It was very hard to use but it wasn't too bad. It was really strong actually.

With a better netcode that gun would have shined a lot more. It also had a slow rate of fire so it had a lot going against it that made people feel the gun was trash but it was decent. Of course you will always want a BR on hand anyways so pistol kind of was obsolete.

lvl 50 general checking in

This thread gave me heavy feels
You did good op thank you

ITT: Foreveralone faggotry

>halo 3
>mfw you're all a bunch of munchkins

I remember halo 2 back in middle school. good ol zombies on foundation where you could barricade up the door by knocking those metal whatthefucks over

would get on XBL and watch Bleach at like 2am on adult swim with two of my buddies. one of them was a pint sized white kid that wore his hair in his face like the Ring girl and the other was hispanic and constantly looking for tiny's approval interesting group dynamic lol

yeah man
super duper alone
anyone who's ever played halo
must live in their moms basement

Out of all of them Halo 2 was my favorite. First online match of anything I ever played. Connecting my old black brick of an Xbox to the internet felt like magic.

post your favorite map Sup Forums

>mfw I matched with a tinderella who plays halo and works at xbox

This thread is making me really sad. If anyone wants to play on Xbox one I'm down

right? I was introduced to it at a friend's house. Halo (2) was the reason for xbox

Fukken Turf all the way bro. Largest small map I've ever played. Very smartly designed.

Plus you could do that rocket launcher glitch to catapult yourself off the banshee wings and snipe from the sky scrapers above.

Why don't games like this happen anymore?
Has multiplayer gotten too mainstream? Do people take it too seriously?
What the fuck happened to fun games in general man. Every game is just filled with tryhards who don't know how to have fun unless the game is giving them a 'You win' every few minutes. Can't just play to relax anymore.

great choice man that map was good.

ay lets start up a custom game lol