How old were you when you moved out?

How old were you when you moved out?
If you haven't, when do you plan to?

moved out 3 months ago. 20. now living in lake tahoe

I plan to move within a year with my gf, and no I haven't moved out yet, like I turned 18 back in August

I've never moved out without my parents support, now I'm back home and helping support my parents.

How's life treating you? Canuckfag here. Wondering how it's like being independeny

Got a job? In school?
Same as you, thinking of moving out in 2 years. I dunno if that's a good idea for a law student

eh. i do independent contracting and have to always be looking for work. its been tough making it up here not ever having downtime but now that i've left home i could never go back

17, uni

I dunno how expensive it is there, but can't 40 hours/week of minimum wage support you?

it could but working a stable 40 hours a week would kill me. i've always worked labor/construction gigs so having a little know how and good work ethic allows me to bust my ass then fuck off in the mountains and snowboard for a few days. what's your job and living situation like?

How hard is it living in water, and how do you get air?

31. not planning on it

a few days before i turned 20. my family wanted me to stay at home and i love them and all but they are some annoying fucks. They cant go a day without arguing about some stupid shit. It wasnt easy at first though my best bud and i got our own place and i lived paycheck to paycheck for the first year but its been great ever since.

similar situation. and it would've been cool for me to stay home and work to save up money but i couldn't take it anymore. since i've been gone though i feel like i like my family a lot more getting some distance from them

15, shit was hard to start with but after a few months i managed to understand what living is. school doesn't teach you important everyday skills.

now 21, and pretty stoked i moved out when i did.

15-18 is the best time to leave.

19, 1st year uni living at home. It's alright here but family issues make me want to leave as soon as I'm capable of doing so. I have two part time jobs ($10.50/hr and $11/hr) that give me bout $700/month for about 20 hrs a week. I'd either need to put uni on hold or get a job with at least $15/hr I think.

Do you feel you moved out too early?

18 moved out 1 month ago exactly today. It's pretty surreal to be honest, it helps that I love cooking and being on my own... haha

Did you quit school or have to drop any commitments?

Why not? I'm almost 30. I could move out, but there's a lot stopping me. I definitely make enough money for where I live.

I think I was eighteen
My mom was going to charge me rent and continue having parental rule of not letting me do anything, so I stayed out all night for the first time and moved out two days later.
It's been a wild ride, but for the best.

thats not bad dude. i did the part time thing for a while along with community college but i was never able to save up enough money. after taking one semester off i had enough saved to give me a two-three month cushion for finding enough work to sustain myself. wish i did it sooner

Checked. Oh, but I applied for federal loans so my Uni is pretty much all good until I graduate and have to pay it back.

Thanks for the insight man

32, jobless and still living with mom, sad i know

I'm 32, jobless and i live with my mom, yeah she still supports me economically, sad and pityful i know

kanye west here... i need you to donate to my paypal because no one wants to fund me like pablo even though i should be a billionaire and i'm like steve jobs and better than bill gates

19 after working a year after HS, moved out of state. Enjoyed the fuck out of life for five years. Moved back to hometown. I still live on my own, but I don't really like being this close to "home."

23 when I moved out.
It's only been a year for me.
I first moved away from home, literally, the day I turned 18.
I drove with my bf (at the time), his mom, and two sisters to New Mexico from California.
Was only there for 4 1/2 months, couldn't stand his bitch ass mom.
So I wouldn't count that one lel.