Is this where the show peaked?

Is this where the show peaked?

>except for the Wildfire it used realistic effects
>large scale battle with a sense of weight and importance
>plenty of characters you cared about involved (Tyrion, Hound, Stannis, Joffrey)
>characters' true personalities were shown (Stannis leading the attack, Hound saying fuck the king, Cersei trying to kill Tyrion through that one dude)

Nope

Not the best episode, but easily the best "big spectacle" episode. Hardhome was great but that was just the last third of the episode.

Horribly unrealistic battle for autists who just like to see shit get killed

>Sansa doesn't tell her bro about CIA
>Jon decides to go in alone to save someone like a retard
>every arrow misses him
>suddenly there is a pile of dead bodies on an open field
>entire battle set up just for CIA and Sansa to have a Helms Deep Gandalf moment

The trampling of Jon was shot very well though.

I agree. One of the best cavalry charges I've ever seen.

>>every arrow misses him
I don't understand how you can watch the show or read the books and not understand why this is happening

R'HLLOR

Oh if we are going for actual full episodes then the battle for Castle Black easily BTFO blackwater.

>>Sansa doesn't tell her bro about CIA

If she revealed the Vale army early Ramsay would have retreated to Winterfell and could have negotiated. She wanted to make sure he died, even if it meant risking her brothers lives.

>>Jon decides to go in alone to save someone like a retard

It was a stupid emotional decision but it was entirely in character.

>>every arrow misses him

It would have been anti-climactic if a main character was killed by a stray arrow.

>>suddenly there is a pile of dead bodies on an open field

Arrows were repeatedly fired at the same area filled with people.

>>entire battle set up just for CIA and Sansa to have a Helms Deep Gandalf moment

So?

That was kind of bad kino, though.

t. plebbitor

I'm surprised people liked that episode so much... It was good but I'm not sure it was the best episode this season. I liked how it finally finished waht we knew was going to happen since last year.

Honestly, did anything majorly unexpected happen or ANYTHING happen this season?
>arya leaves
We knew
>Dany returns with Meereen with Dothraki
We knew
>Jon kills Ramsay
We knew
>Jon is resurrected
we knew.
I swear, season 5, episode 10 had more twists than anything else.

The hodor thing was unexpected, also the reveal about how the white walkers were created.

>>Sansa doesn't tell her bro about CIA
You fucking anti-sansa fags are insufferable.
>Who will help us?!
>I told CIA to come.
>Oh... fantastic! When will he be here?
>I don't know... I haven't heard back from him...
Do you really think Jon would have been willing to wait for CIA when Sansa didn't even know when he'd show up, let alone IF he'd show up at all? Sansa knew it'd just make herself look retarded if she mentioned it, and it'd be worthless exposition that'd, again, just end up making a character look stupid and the other one look impatient and angry.

Hold the door

I wouldn't say it easily beats it, but it's probably the only one to stand up to it. Maybe The Mountain and the Viper?

>It would have been anti-climactic if a main character was killed by a stray arrow
It would have been anti-climactic if Lord Commander Mormont was killed by fookin legend
It would have been anti-climactic if the great Khal Drogo was killed by a mere flesh wound
It would have been anti-climactic if Robert was killed by a random generic boar

None of them were main charters for 6 seasons. Would you really have preferred Jon randomly dying during the battle?

Blackwater was unrealistic as fuck too. How the hell do the Baratheons not notice two huge fucking armies converging on them.

He need not have died. An arrow to the hamstring or like a gash at the shoulder would have been realistic. You forget this is the same character that got hit with arrows thrice by Ygritte.

Ah yes, Hodor was unique.

>White Walkers
It was a theory we all had but yes, it counts. But I don't like that being the actual reason. Hopefully it's wrong.

The Vale saving the day is also a surprise. I could see Sansa marrying Henry and then asking him to win back her homeland
>implies Stannis loses
Sigh.

you're forgetting that the soldiers were firing in volleys and not aiming at a particular target. Perfectly reasonable that Jon got lucky and wasn't hit by an arrow, considering the same happened to plenty of the other soldiers.

Those were only unexpected because they were ridiculous, and even then they were already existing theories.

Yes.
Same in the books.

>Henry
HARRY

You're fucking stupid and all this has been explained before.
That said, the only thing that REALLY irked me was the fact that they didn't give the giant a weapon. Could you imagine the shit he would have wrecked if he picked up a dead tree or something?

The show peaked in its first season, but Blackwater, despite being very good, convinced D&D they could phone in a whole season except for each E9 and blow 90% of the budget on that single episode too, which would be enough to keep people talking and waiting till the cycle repeated itself.

S3 was the last good season

>you're forgetting that the soldiers were firing in volleys and not aiming at a particular target
all the more reason for him to get hit. They explicitly show a bunch of arrows covering great ground and more than half of the people beside Jon got showered with at least two arrows.

Nah m8, that's just plot armor

This is my favorite episode to be perfectly honest.

The Mountain and the Viper is the close second.

which one is this again?

s4 e8 I think.

Joffy's death and tywin getting shot were the highlight of the season for me.

You are a fucking retard.

The one in command needs every piece of relevant information to make a decision.

Now, tell me. Do you think that the possibility of receiving the help of a mayor house untouched by the war is a relevant piece of information when every single fucking conversation about the battle is been always related to the topic "we need more men"?

Whatever.

1. Sansa could still have told Jon CIA was coming. Jon had a line where he SPECIFICALLY said if no more men were coming, there was no point in waiting. She should have piped in then, but the whole point of her not doing so was to have the Helms Deep moment.

2. At least one arrow should have hit him in the shoulder or something. He is the first on the battlefield and doesn't take a scratch.

3. Jon's decision to run in is the only justifiable one, but even then he should've asked others to come or something.

4. Bodies don't just pile up on top of that. SOldiers don't climb on top of bodies to fight, they go around. Bodies pile up is soldiers are pinned in an area, not an open field.

>JON WE MUST WAIT FOR MORE MEN
>sansa there are no more men! Where will we get more?
>(should I tell him about Peter?)
>"Uh, i don't know."

Why are people actually defending Sansa?

I just liked the show better when there was real tension and good drama. Not to mention great writing and performances.

kino

DIE

They're defending it because they think Sansa being a moron is her being politically smart and letting Jon's men die so she has all the power.

But since the episode 10 preview seems to show she doesn't realise CIA still wants to fuck her I guess it's good writing being desperately looked into too deep by Tumblr.

GoT died with the Red Wedding

>No shot of the Vale riding in
>No shot of Jon standing in front of charging horses

The Davos shot was the best in the episode

You have to be barely able to breath and not shit yourself at the same time if you are so stupid to think that.

Two episodes with Salsa and the Manlet searching for any men able to pick a sword, begging from minor house to minor house, discussing at least two times about if they had enough men and agreeing that they didn't.

And your conclusion is that she would look retarded if she mentioned that there was a possibility to add the full Vale's army?

Jesus Christ user.

>im not a fan of this low brow drivel by any means but can't you at least enjoy it for what it is (mindless fun)

I can enjoy a mindless fun battle, but so much of it seems to be set up just for the Helms Deep CIA and Sansa moment and making sure no main characters except the Bad Guy >:( died

>They're defending it because they think Sansa being a moron is her being politically smart and letting Jon's men die so she has all the power.
What power?, the power of being CIA's fuckdoll? She's in the middle of a war, power is measured in men and castles (and food I guess), she has lost the small power she gathered in the previous episodes to win a castle that she can't defend by herself now.

Of course D&D could ignore that she has lost pretty much every men she had and magically replace all her casualties...

Sansafags argue she did this so that Jon and/or Rickon would die so she'd be the sole heir to the Starks. Too bad that's completely out of her character, she's been shown to be compassionate and caring about her family, not a manipulative bitch

>>suddenly there is a pile of dead bodies on an open field
>Arrows were repeatedly fired at the same area filled with people.

People fighting will never set foot on top of a body willingly because is unstable and floffy and the moment you fall to the ground you're asking for a sword in the guts.

Arrows don't teleport people to the top of a mountain of bodies.

The pile of bodies has no sense unless they were in some narrow hollow, It's cool though.

>knowing because of leaks

The only character evolution allowed in Got since season 4 is dying.

>soldiers with big ass pikes and shields out maneuvering light infantry
BRAVO

Honestly it was a pretty weak performance by Peter Dinklage

They need to hire a better DOP for this show. The majority of season 6 looked like shit

FUCKING KEK

>Arrows don't teleport people to the top of a mountain of bodies.

if the server is laggy enough they do.

Well, during the scene when Manlet was fighting on foot there was a couple of drawing distance problems with soldier suddently appearing from nowhere.

Maybe it'll be solved in the next patch.