True Detective' Season 3 And Rust Cohle Could Be Back If Matthew McConaughey Gets His Say

>"Just last month, we found ourselves believing True Detectivehad died. A profile of HBO exec Casey Bloysstatedthat instead of a third season, “HBO sources suggest a new project from [True Detective] creator Nic Pizzolatto is more likely.” The decision was unfortunate, though understandable considering Season 2’s horrific performance — both critically and ratings-wise. But nowTrue Detectivemay have a new shot at life, if HBO is willing to take Season 1 star Matthew McConaughey’s comments seriously."

>"During a recent interview on the Rich Eisen Show (viaEW), McConaughey was asked if he would considering joiningTrue Detectivefor Season 3. “Yeah, I would,” the Emmy nominee said. “I miss Rust Cohle, man. I miss watching him on Sunday nights. I miss watching True Detective on Sunday nights. … I was a happy man when we made that for six months, because I was on my own island.”

Based McConahuehuehuehue

If you want Rust to return in anything that's not a prequel you're a fucking retarded pleb.

Fukunaga or bust

>But nowTrue Detective may have a new shot at life
>if HBO is willing to take Season 1 star Matthew McConaughey’s comments seriously.

Well woop-ti-fuckin'-woo. I highly doubt a season 3 hinges on some smalltalk McConaughey says to a random interviewer.

Just stop. You're going to ruin it even further. Season 2 was such a piece of shit that this series deserves to just stay dead. If season 3 gets greenlit they're going to rush it out again and fill it with a bunch of generic action shit, grrrrl power, and whatever flavor of the month pandering is in at the time.

This. Give us more of the tone of season 1, not more of its characters.

I don't like it.
Even if the first season was great and the second average, this feels like pure fanservice, they're probably going to try to replicate his character and it'll be derivative and uninspired shit.

pleb

Found the pleb

I want it to be a prequel so they wouldn't shove homosex characters and MUH GURRRL PWR in it.
Fucking democrats ruined everything.

Am I the only person who genuinely enjoyed season 2? Sure, it wasn't as good as 1 but it was nevertheless better than most other shows.

>We're gonna bring back True Detective, but with none of what made it a unique show(different characters and setting each new season)
For what purpose?

Season 2 was comfy as fuck.

Discussing the new episodes on Sunday nights last year with ya guys was fun.

Normies just disliked it because it didnt have 2 SP00KY 4 U theme

No. Leave the character alone.

Have brendan fraser in it.

I'm serious.

Set it in Alaska

A prequel would be cool.

I liked it too, Colin Farrell is the truest detective!~

Citation needed.

Prequel would be way easier but I think a sequel could work.

They should probably just let it die but I'm always willing to give based McConaughey a chance. When he's in something good its really good, when he's in something bad he's still pretty entertaining.

>I was a happy man when we made that for six months, because I was on my own island
Is that an metaphorical island or literal island?

Little known facht is that the first season of True Detective was recorded on McConaughey island, a bit off the coast of Ireland.

Season 1 = Dark Souls
Season 2 = Dark Souls 2
Season 3 = Dark Souls 3

woah more fanservice trash then

I don't really get what people had against this character.

kill yourself

Why do you guys keep posting fake rumors

Just stop

TRUE DETECTIVE ALL-STARS WHEN

BRING RAY BACK I DON'T CARE IF IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE

RUST MARTY RAY DREAM TEAM

Rust is shit
it was the mysticism angle that cativate people

Season 2 has better character development

>mfw plebs only want more of the same as season 1
>muh autistic atheist man xD
Season 2 of True Detective is truly the greatest pleb filter.

what if I say no, kid? fuck off

No, I fucking loved S2, I will admit the writing got just a tad iffy in some spots, but it wasn't enough to derail me completely. I actually really loved the ballsy move of completely shifting the tone up between seasons. Which makes sense, yeah, but I still love that the Pizzaman was willing to do that. It didn't feel anything like S1 and that certainly added a charm to it for me, whereas I feel like a fuckton of people really did not appreciate that.

I liked s2

Is it considered bad?

Normies wanted more epic quips, dialogues, magic and instead they got some speculative talk that made they feel retarded.

There was more feminist girrrll power shit in season 1 than 2, you retard.
Time and again they make a point that Bezzerides is physically inferior to men.

In a way it wasn't anything political as the guy regretted the homosexual incident and also Rachel McAdam's character acknowledged in one episode in a dialogue how she wouldn't survive a mission as she was a woman and the men would destroy her.

If they did this there would be no hope left for the show.

Season 3 should be an original story with new characters. Not retreading old ground.

They should team up with Antigone and unravel a mystery that reveals they were both fighting the same secret society, just different parts of it in different locations.

I want a prequel during his undercover days, ending when he takes those shots in the Port of Houston and slips away

i think switching things up for the sake of switching things up only works if the end product surpasses the established one. giving Pizz any credit because he did something different is like giving a chef who changes his menu from gourmet to shit credit for doing something risky. in the end, you still end up with a plate full of shit. caspere knew this.

>Rust bangs Ani
>raises Ray's son

some sort of advanced poetry

Only if said prequel brings back Ginger and features the Iron Crusader Brotherhood in a big way

>food analogy

>Muh Corey Fukushima

There are plenty of talented directors out there who could handle a project like this. It's just a matter of long term commitment.

food is simply undigested shit, like the second season of True Detective. proof: "it's like blue balls in your heart."

Season 2 was an incoherent mess. I enjoyed Colin Pharrel's character and Vince Vaughn in the bar with the music.

But idk wtf was going on. The Colin Farrel surviving the shot gun blast instead of dying and launching the plot was when I stopped watching.

If they do Season 3 just do a new story with new detectives. Rust was a retard with reddit tier philosophy and people liked the Lovecraftian theme.

Season 2 was just poorly written.

Season 3 should have Rust team up with Detective Loki from Prisoners to take down the leaders of the Yellow King cult.

>Colin Pharrel

>The Colin Farrel surviving the shot gun blast
Is this some new meme by redditors or are you just retarded?

The shotgun was loaded with non leathal rounds like riot police would use. They specifically state this in the next episode. Dude with the shotgun wasn't trying to kill him.

You ultimately find out who he is and why he was there and all that but yea it is stupid.

Too much brooding in one show, the good thing about Rust was how his personality was accentuated by Marty who was essentially the opposite of Rust

>Rust joins those bikers as an undercover cop
>starts doing heavy drugs
>cameo from sons of anarchy confirmed

eeehhh Rusty boyyhh...

I preferred s2 to the first
fight me plebs

Mahogany and Gyllenhaal for season 3+ would be god teir. Emmy's for YEARS

I'm okay with more Rust in his wacky hood hijinks.

>recent: 98% overwhelmingly positive
>overall: 96% overwhelmingly positive

/v btfo and on suicide watch

Wrong board idiot. Trash like you is why this board is shit.

Season 2 was better.

this

what?

>I just really like big dicks. I really wanna have trouble handcuffing the thing.

Come on now, don't be fags. Rust's story ended just like it should have and shouldn't continue in any form.

Yeah that's what we need ruin season 1 by trying to copy it and extend its story. Pizza just needs time to write and create a season he had less than a year to make season 2 so of course it's going to come out half baked.