Thread, DAILY... Erasmo Carlos Edition

listen to it, goddamn it

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kdAj-dBNCi4
youtube.com/watch?v=yLf6JUBN8VA
youtube.com/watch?v=js-Dsh-C1dg
youtube.com/watch?v=S88Oy2FILCw
youtube.com/watch?v=qJPNww_gw4g
youtube.com/watch?v=IyJxDUN33q
youtu.be/IyJxDUN33qs
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/кaзмa_кaзмa/пляcки_тpyбaдypoв/
rateyourmusic.com/~_natkingcole_
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pascal_comelade/el_cabaret_galactic/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kanye-west/late-registration-6/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tony_conrad/slapping_pythagoras/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/air_f8/air/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mats-gustafsson-david-stackenas/blues-1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/sacred_guitar_and_violin_music_of_the_modern_aztecs/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/toe/the-book-about-my-idle-plot-on-a-vague-anxiety/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/william-shatner/has-been/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/manfred_schoof/european_echoes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this the new thread

perhaps :0

Glad your thread came before mine lmao

This is the new thread.

o whoopsie

~ITS TIME~

on track 5 and HOLY FUCK why did i not previously like this

itt: patrician curves

don't mind me, just posting to be the first user in a sea of namefags

yo are like a little baby to me

watch this

let it consume you. let shinji take over

fuck first reply of meant for

that one is so much better
initial d is unironically good and so is its soundtrack

>initial d is unironically good
As a pretty big fan of the show it's not all amazing. It definitely has its shittier, slower moments, and in some seasons the cars look like hotwheels. Not for everyone but I love it.

>and so is its soundtrack
undeniably

its goat

>in some seasons the cars look like hotwheels.
for some reason they mixed 3d car animation with 2d car animation

they thought using both styles interchangeably even sometimes having back to back shots where they switch between 2d and 3d would be a good idea

>It definitely has its shittier, slower moments
i read the first 7 books of the manga when i was younger, the show has SO MUCH FILLER compared to the manga. like, they made the first four books of the manga into one entire season. that's how bad it is.

yall wanna bes but
youtube.com/watch?v=kdAj-dBNCi4

I love the show sorta ironically, but yeah the cars are hilarious when they look like shit.

>they made the first four books of the manga into one entire season
for a show adapted practically right along side a manga, that's not even that bad.

I'd rather a show have decent, slow filler than a really shitty last half that makes no sense written by the people that have nothing to do with the original story (lookin' at you FMA).

Do you like the soundtrack yamma?

Fishmans is above average you are weeb if you think more

proudly!

heyy it's a post-2000 post-hardcore album that could appeal to the Unwound/DLJ crowd (that's u) rather than just stupid scene kids (that me). (so just a tighter Blood Brothers i guess)
but i loved it too, 8+/10

homogenic has the terrifying album cover
"pleasure is all mine" "mouth's cradle" and "where is the line" are all 100/10 songs but the rest are good but not nearly as great or me
vespertine is from early 2000s. i appreciated vulnicura but i feel that it's less pop-oriented than her other albums so i didn't play it much desu

>being a weeb in the /daily/ thread on Sup Forums.org's music board
disgusting

>being on Sup Forums

lol

>for a show adapted practically right along side a manga, that's not even that bad.
well i know nothing about anime so i thought it was really weird that they'd make so many episodes out of such little content

haven't listened to the soundtrack by itself but by god how did they find so much good eurobeat

>homogenic has the terrifying album cover
which one haha

where is the line gets stuck in my head all the time and i haven't heard that album in about a year
vulnicura i need a relisten bc 2015 me dismissed a shit load of good albums either in the name of bad taste or trying to look cool

So is /daily/ just /chart/ but better?

>Kowloon_Walled_City - Yoga Marsh
Interesting short and sweet sound collage harsh noise thing, didn't do much to keep my interest though. 6/10

>William Onyeabor - Everything you Sow
Really beautiful vintage african synthpop, with a surprisingly minimalist structure. 7/10

>Steve Hauschilt - Strands
Very very average new agey ambient. Like global communication but more boring. Has some pretty moments. 6/10

>Tristan Perich - 1-bit Symphony
When you buy this, it comes as a little machine embedded in a jewel case that literally plays the album live off of a microchip. The music itself is really pretty and warm melodically, and even if it was harsh and difficult to listen to, it was very charming. 8/10

>Lori Mckenna - The Bird and the Rifle
Some poetic contemporary country, will probably bump rating up when I get further into the lyrics. 6/10

>So is /daily/ just /chart/ but better?
worse*

U wot

lol @ this channel
youtube.com/watch?v=yLf6JUBN8VA

>japan is finally making anime real

plenty shows adapted from popular manga running alongside the show need lots of filler, since the manga takes much longer than a 20 minute animated episode.

>how did they find so much good eurobeat
they googled it

better than fantano

>So is /daily/ just /chart/ but better?
first of all this and second of all plenty people treat /daily/ like /chart/ because they see a topsters image and assume they should post their favorites chart. Don't do that though. Read the OP

lol these are amazing

2015 brought us a lot of good music reviewers that disappeared too soon

youtube.com/watch?v=js-Dsh-C1dg

but the manga started 3 years before the anime?
was reading on wikipedia and
>A live action film by Avex and Media Asia was released in 2005 and its sequel, Initial D 2, will be released in 2016.
holy shit

forgot trip, this one is nice too
youtube.com/watch?v=S88Oy2FILCw

wow im in love now
youtube.com/watch?v=qJPNww_gw4g

lmaooo

>but the manga started 3 years before the anime?
yeah, and only a handful of manga were even out at that point.

Meanwhile with the show, 50+ episodes and a movie were made in three years.

Your eyes are too far apart. Nose is definitely crooked. The shape of your face is not aesthetically pleasing at all. You look like a 3/10 with make up in this photo. I don’t even want to imagine what you look like without make up. I actually just threw up in my mouth, just thinking about it. Your head is too big (although that may be, because of your giraffe neck posture). As for your hair, lol. Seriously, do something. You look like a horse.

Stare at your face for more than 5 seconds, and you will see how ugly you are. The eyes which are too far apart is what ruins/damages an already ugly face even further. Unfortunately for you, that can’t be surgically fixed, lol. Your arms are way too long. lol at how they hang by your sides. Kind of reminds me of lurch. As for your tits, we all know there is extra padding there. Don’t even let me start on your pale complexion. It only works if you look hot. Unfortunately, you do not look hot. Its hard to sum up a creature like you in one word. ‘UGLY’ would be unfair, since it doesn’t reflect how repulsive you look. GROTESQUE is stretching it. But somewhere in between, is where you would be, on the scale of an average man.

I’m sorry if my words seem a little harsh. Just so you know, I sugar coated this post as much as possible.

Have a nice day

put your trip back on giving bear

wow holy shit, an accurate review for once

>Your arms are way too long
I’m so fucking sick of people on here acting like long arms are inherently weaker, and have an obligation to justify their length to you. Almost every review of a long arm here starts inside of a hole and ponders whether it was able to climb out, as though it’s very existence inconveniences you. As though anything over 25 inches triggers an alarm and automatically gets a point deducted. As though one 3 foot arm has to be as good and different as 2 seperate arms. As though you’re sacrificing something by giving a person more time to look at their arm than is usually required of you, despite the fact that you may have already seen five or six arms in a rating session without moaning about length. Does there have to be 6 vastly different mini arms compacted in there to keep your retarded ass intrigued? Have you become so ADD-riddled that only fingers and toes maintain your attention, or is it so you can add more superficial numbers to your ARM ‘score’ to give the appearance you’ve consumed more of the medium, and thus acquired more knowledge? Is this a natural side effect of consuming arms at a high pace; the desire to be done with one piece of arm so you can retire it forever and move on to the next? If a 3 foot arm has a defaultively lower starting score than a 2 inch toe, are you even interested in limb discovery at that point, or elitism and completionism?

If every finger is an 8/10 and you give the arm a 6 because it’s “long, boring, samey and doesn't justify it's length”, you’re a fucking moron. Especially for whole bodies. Stop using long as an inherently negative descriptor, and stop acting like they're a chore to look at.
Rant over.

top zozzle

/daily/core when

Absolutely everyone here should listen to Todo lo sólido se desvanece en el aire by Gabo Ferro

i checked out the rym page and i'm interested. someone got a link

currently making a ska nightcore mix with a russian chick to go up as a prank on the label she co-owns
this is the night i find if there is such a thing as being too post internet

go through the non-worthwhile Fahey albums too. i haven't listened to em all but even shitty ones like after the ball are cool to listen to.

then go onto other bigguns like Leo Kottke, Peter Lang (make sure to check out the Fahey/Kottke/Lang split!), Sandy Bull, George Stavis, and Suni McGrath. then explore newer stuff like Six Organs of Admittance, Currituck County, Daniel Bachman, James Blackshaw, and even William Tyler if you're in the mood for some really streamlined primitivism. then just listen to some blues.

also, the Fahey tribute album is shockingly decent from what I've heard, Pelt's take on "Sunflower River Blues" is a big highlight, and Sufjan turns in a very cool, very Sufjan rendition of "Commemorative Transfiguration & Communion at Magruder Park"

looks neat

nice to have you here, btw! sky, simplified is one of my favs from last year

if only i had a russian (?) keyboard and could see what album this is

Thanks. I like how my ambient album was one of your favorites but The Anthill had "unnecessary ambient"

i can't say i'm a very consistent music listener, sorry...

idk man, i just liked the execution on sky, simplified better. would've been cool to see you just embrace that cool chiptuney pop sound more thoroughly.

>emo

>also, the Fahey tribute album is shockingly decent
listened to this just the other day, didn't think it was worthwhile, most of it sounded like people doing Fahey covers if that makes any sensee, pretty boring. Pelt's version was decent though.

It says "Plyaski Trubadorov" or "Dance of the Troubadours"

youtube.com/watch?v=IyJxDUN33q

Also, you can use the transliterated name of the artist to search. And if you have Windows 10 you can download a Russian keyboard, though it has quirks. Kazma Kazma was an Ukrainian band, though being city folk most of their work is in a mix of both languages.

fug

youtu.be/IyJxDUN33qs

that guy's channel has a lot of rare albums too

>most of it sounded like people doing Fahey covers
Is that not what a tribute album is?

you know what I mean though? they're not really transformative and I'm left feeling I should have just listened to the originals. I enjoy a good cover but tribute albums tend to lack them. But maybe they're just not for me.

range rove, leather roof
love war, fuck a truce
still move a bird like I'm in bed with mother goose

Yeah, tribute albums are sort of a novelty, in my opinion at least.

finishing up 98.12.28, and honestly i'm feeling a 5 on this. so fucking AMAZING

>Flockaveli

this was ass. skipped to it because i was working out and thought it'd be good lifting music, but it wasn't at all. i guess most people like this because it's "hype" music but it didn't feel this way at all to me. it wasn't catchy, the production was shit, and i'd listen to plenty of stuff before this if i was looking for pump up music.. genuinely not sure if this is a meme

thanks
gotcha, thanks bud.. added to backlog

I guess I do probably expect too much out of them, at least you usually get a couple of nice songs.

another falls for the fish meme, sad!

now thats what I call fresh
Link for the people:
>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/кaзмa_кaзмa/пляcки_тpyбaдypoв/
Color me interested

How does it feel to know the most important hip hop album in the last decade was total ass?

>How does it feel to know the most important hip hop album in the last decade was total ass?
Important =/= good

only psychology nerds will get this

>Nik Bartsch's Ronin - Holon
Jangle is bottling this final round badly. Pleasant enough I guess but (in)offensively so. Going by Jangle and others reviews I should be loving it with it's groove and repetition but I've never listened to ECM Jazz before and I'm not feeling it, I can't get into the groove at all, it all feels very dull and too calculated (not 100% sure on using that word but I think it gets my point across). 2/5

Please don't bully me jangle pal

>Isengrind / TwinSisterMoon / Natural Snow Buildings - The Snowbringers Cult
I can't really describe what's so great about Natural Snow Buildings. There's a good chunk of The Snowbringers Cult that is just pleasant but when the songs are good they're damn near transcendental. Inuk's Song is phenomenal, there's such a great feeling of beauty in their music. Not really sure what to rate it since the highs are incredibly high but there aren't too many of them but 3.5+/5

Samuel Baron / Bob Nagel / Al Cohn / Al Howard / Jack Maxin / David Tudor / Frances Magnes performing Stefan Wolpe - Passacaglia: First Recordings 1954 (1996)
>serialism, chamber music

The major draw to Wolpe's compositional style is that he manages to make pieces that are so completely and utterly dissonant have very defined form and structure. They seem like they should fall apart at any moment, but they never do. On the Sonata, the violin and piano intertwine with each other perfectly, the violin takes on the notes and rhythms that the piano needs to stay together and vice versa, and the general angularness of the sound is really cool. The solo piano piece is fairly dull, however. It's missing that interplay it has with the violin, and a lot of it just seems like aimless noodling. For how good the piano and violin pieces are, the album's main draw is the quartet that closes it out. The violin is replaces with percussion, a trumpet, and a saxophone, and the natural boldness of these three instruments adds a very textural element to the dissonant compositional style. The piano is definitely pushed to the side, but the remaining instruments do more than a good enough job of keeping everything together. Really cool listen.

3.0+

matchup 7! pianoboys

>Erik Satie/Reinbert de Leeuw - Gnossiennes; Gymnopédies; Ogives; Trois sarabandes; Petite ouverture à danser
it's satie. played lovingly, with attacks ranging from exuberant to notably slow. wonderful stuff.
favorite tracks: gnossiennes no. 2, ogives no. 3, gymnopedies no. 1
8/10 i love this shit -

>Leoš Janáček/Leif Ove Andsnes - Janáček: Piano Sonata 1.X.1905 - In the Mists - On the Overgrown Path, Series 1
at times nice and quaint, at times unsettling and off-putting, and at times powerful and beautiful, this selection of piano pieces tries to move with its expressiveness. it works for the most part.
favorite tracks: andantino, our evenings: moderato, in tears: larghetto
7/10 i like this ~

mark and wins this matchup! thank you to rudi for participating!

hard in da paint bangs doe
woulda picked something better but it was on your backlog so

this is dumb. faux nerd 101 shit

That was implied

I haven't even listened to it

Oh hey I missed my album advancing. Isn't the second set on that album just sublime?

Also good Satie opinions

fish arent memes
why was it important
that song is more funny than a banger tho

that's kinda half the point

you got a rec? i actually preferred the first set but the second set is pretty damn good as well.

it's been a while, get yer recs in fast!

as always rym is rateyourmusic.com/~_natkingcole_

no restrictions, just don't rec anything obscenely long, please.

~~THEY DID IT, 5/5~~
hmm u right

Holy shit, just withdraw me from your tourney.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/pascal_comelade/el_cabaret_galactic/

Air - Air (the 1971 album)

haha oh boy
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kanye-west/late-registration-6/

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tony_conrad/slapping_pythagoras/

wait shit here's the linko
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/air_f8/air/

hmu if you need a FLAC

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mats-gustafsson-david-stackenas/blues-1/

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/various_artists_f2/sacred_guitar_and_violin_music_of_the_modern_aztecs/

at least i'll probably like Poison 13!

actually nevermind kanye take this instead
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/toe/the-book-about-my-idle-plot-on-a-vague-anxiety/

divine music from a jail

for now until I come up with something better

Have you heard Elizabeth Cotton yet? Probably not a great "tourney album" if that's a thing, but heck, it's good

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/william-shatner/has-been/

change my rec to this

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/manfred_schoof/european_echoes/

idk how you havent heard it

nope ain't heard (of) her. seems interesting. you wanna lock that in?

That album singlehandedly catapulted trap to success, iirc

Either that or I'm confusing him with Sosa (likely)

Yeah, I'm locking in. Enjoy. The title track is legendary, and the entire thing is cozy af

correct both opinions

Flockaveli sucks major ass, but it's undeniably the most important modern rap album. Very few incorporated what we know the style of trap before flocka did. At least, what we think of as "trap rap" after 2010. Doesn't mean you have to like it (I sure don't) but it's definitely one of the first of its kind.

better meme

the third world by gato
u know it ;)

nighty night /daily/

>at least i'll probably like Poison 13!
You don't deserve it any more

rude, not my fault you started recommending boring music

Solomon Burke - Rock ’n Soul
>Soul, Blues

He has a very smooth voice, but the backing orchestration makes this soul nearly blue eyed. It’s very lush and pop-oriented. Doesn’t feel as genuine as show-y. The inclusion of blues and rock tropes though, in guitar and rocksteady rhythm, make this more of an odd hybrid creature than a complete commercial cash-in soul sellout. At times (“Someone to Love Me”) it even sounds like funk.

(Reflecting on this album and its title, it is now obvious to me why this album sounds like a mix of pop rock and soul.)

7-/10

6 more!!!!

Ugly Casanova- sharpen your teeth
Or
Modest mouse- tube-fruit, allsmiles, and chocolate

>Modest mouse- tube-fruit, allsmiles, and chocolate
Don't do this, I see sad sappy sucker is on there already and it has many of the same songs
Alternate is Destroyer- your blues

Mike Love - Salute NASCAR
You deserve it

Just came back from a Tennis concert and it reminds me that I need to go to more mellow shows. They aren't an amazing group but it was one of the more relaxing outings I've had in a while. Good vibes the whole time and they performed at a part-time church which was super interesting. Only ever been to rap concerts before this and they can be a bit much. /blog

Oh boy can I reserve a spot? Can't wait to see one of my favorites get panned. Also how have you never heard Late Registration?

Nice reviews lately dude. Have you been working your way through the 1001 albums you must hear? Kind of a similar lineup from what I can tell

going to bed, thanks for the recs!!! I'll start when I'm finished with the lists chart.

I'll do ugly casanova

new 5.0 incoming???

yeah, just shoot me a rec when ya can. and good question, I'll get on it soon.

Cardiacs - The Seaside

Buck Owens and His Buckaroos - I’ve Got a Tiger by the Tail
>Country, Pop

Buck Owens: What level of cheesiness are you on?
Country Music: Oh I dunno, 5 or 6, my dude?
Buck Owens: You are little baby, watch this: [I’VE GOT A TIGER BY THE TAIL]

8-/10

Yep, working through the 1001. I've got a spreadsheet

imo my reviews have been getting lazier and less informative, so maybe I'm on to something

pls

how far through it are you now?

and all reviews should just be the artist talking to anthropomorphised genre tags from now on imo