Controversial Movie Opinions

Post 'em.

2001 has a lot of filler

I did not care for The Godfather

Says every teenager on the planet. Hot take, bro.

thats a stupid opinion not exactly controversial since Id expect idiots would watch films

Guardians of the galaxy sucks

Once Upon A Time in America is unconscionably long, on a shot to shot level things drag and flounder. Beyond that I think it's morally repugnant that Leone tries to turn a rapist thug into a tragic figure, that the rape was some expression of longing and not inexcusably wrong

Apocalypse Now can only be considered good if it was considered an original story

it's not.
HoD>>>>>>>>>>>>>muh adventures in 'nam with captain fat kurtz

Second statement is correct.

I didn't like Escape From New York on first watch.

Revenge of the Fallen was a great popcorn flick

Game of Thrones is better (slightly) than Lord of the Rings, more mature and isn't as tamed down.

The Harry Potter movies, while HOWEVER not academy worthy besides John Williams' score, are comfy and good.

Skyfall was shit, but it looked pretty.

TFA was pretty good and entertaining, despite being forgettable and made by a committee.

True Detective Season 2 was dogshit

>hot take, bro
>calls me the teenager
christ.

>Game of Thrones is better (slightly) than Lord of the Rings, more mature and isn't as tamed down.

Maybe it it had been cancelled after S3, current GoT is cancerous shit.

Besides visuals LotR is a bad movie/trilogy

CGI is great and is the future of movie making and should therefor be embraced

The Shining is boring

Star Wars is considering good just because it was unique for it's time. It's really just an average popcorn flick

Mad Max: Fury Road was great.

While a lot of capeshit is garbage, some of them are pretty good action movies and enjoyable to see at the cinema with friends.

The Thing (1982)'s effects are shit.

Star Wars is considering good just because it was unique for it's time. It's really just an average popcorn flick

I don't think this is such an unpopular idea. It seems like everyone who isn't young or a massive Star Wars fan thinks this.

this reeks of pleb

Star Wars, LotR and The Shining are all huge pleb movies

But that's true.

>Guardians of the galaxy sucks

Not controversial at all