Why are there less women listening to Metal than men?

Why are there less women listening to Metal than men?

Are they stupid?

[spoiler]I'm a grill btw[/spoiler]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JyCBAoCld9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

are you a qt
if you're a qt please be my qt

Pro-tip: if they wear band t-shirts, they have not listened to most of their output, at all.

go to europe, you'll find em everywhere

Because of guys like this

I'm a girl btw

The whole intense, energetic thing is traditionally considered a masculine thing in many societies, that's why. Of course such an idea is narrow minded and illogical, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Because metal music is sexist

Almost always GnR, Ramones, Slayer, Nirvana and Misfits shirts

> mfw all the metal heads on this board are secretly grills.

Would make sense desu

*fewer

if that's true then WHY! am I still single?

I do.
I'm grill btw :3

>>[spoiler]I'm a grill btw[/spoiler]

The kind of grill who passively-aggressively implies that grills are stupid in an attempt to be "not like the other grills" is literally the worst kind of grill.

Hey, you weren't supposed to say that

Tbf i wish i never listened to any slayer past seasons either

Steer clear of girls who listen to Meal, they're attention starved cancer.

Dated a few in my life, fuck them and leave them, a relationship will just fuck you out of your will to live.

Every woman I've known that listens to metal has been pretty well adjusted. Usually smarter than most others.

Same reason there are fewer girl nerds- 'cause metal is all about appealing to male fantasies. All about fighting dragons and summoning demons and shit. No offense to you, but I really don't see what appeal metal (at least canon stuff like slayer/pantera/etc) would have to a woman, unless they're a musician

I'm a grill too and you're stupid for liking metal

>Witchy still posts here

Nigga I take a break from this board for a couple years and the first night I stop by you pop up?

I holla'd at you.

Sup Q. Long time no see man. How ya been?

It's been a weird, wild, sad ride so far bro. More than I could put into words. Generally things are fine.
Been in contact on Whatsapp with some lads from here from back in the day, in case you wanna join up.

What about you?

I'm a male metal listener and I never pay attention to any of those themes.
I just want to listen to music man, if it sounds good to my ears I keep it. I'd bet a lot of people don't give the fantasy/satanic/whatever themes a second look and they just listen because they enjoy the energy and rawness of it.
That being said I enjoy fantasy and nature themes, but things like that don't influence what I choose to listen to.

Well I hope things even out and turn out okay in the long run. Nothing but the best.

>What about you?
Cass and I have been laying low. Just living the day to day couple life. Work, bills, etc... Nothing too exciting. Maybe except for some shows and such.

>Been in contact on Whatsapp with some lads from here from back in the day
Sounds nice, if I'm welcome of course.

Was about to axe you whether you and the lass were still together, the news that you do greet me with joy. Tell her I said hi.

You still in contact with Artanis? If so ask him to add you up. If not just drop your number on a PM on last.fm, we mostly memepost and laugh at old stuff, but it's a nice blast from the past.

Hope life treats you well breh, you're one of the few good relics from the past I'd welcome any time.

kek

same tbqhwyf

dam...
/thread

kinda tru

toplmao

idk bout that but I'll love to have intercourse w pic related

Most meal chicks I've met match this description. No bueno

dam...
wish I had buddies like this

Undisputed Attitude is pretty good for what it is.

>I'm a male metal listener and I never pay attention to any of those themes.
>I just want to listen to music man
Same broski :^)

Kill all tripfags

kek

>he's this new
tripshits have been a thing on this board for something like 7-8 years

> I'd bet a lot of people don't give the fantasy/satanic/whatever themes a second look
A lot of people don't, but a lot of people do. And when the underlying themes of the whole genre appeal primarily to men, you end up with fewer women in the metal community. Most women will never enjoy shit like Pantera on the same level most men can, same way most men will never enjoy shit like Madonna on the same level most women can.

Not really sure how that relates but I agree.

same here user

Does anyone else feel scared as shit at that pic of the girl wearing a slayer shirt

Girls wearing metal shirts are fuckin scary

That's why OP

Eh, i prefer the originals besides the ones i havent heard.
theyre just edgy, self absorbed and mad slutty. Really no more of a statement than an indeh girl. People make metal seem so scary and taboo but it started as psych blues with hella distortion and spoopy lyrics

a few days ago i was looking through p4ks reviews, i noticed they gave a metal album a good score. For once not some nigger or poptamist shit gets a good score.
Then i clicked on the review and found out the lead singer was some dumb sjw bitch and the band made generic doom metal.

Oh p4k, you useless jews.

I think the type of girl who likes metal is that girl who has no female friends and hangs out with a bunch of dudes.

Womens contributions to metal have been pretty irrelevant.

Women only consume top 40 pop music and nigger crap.
I dont think a lot of cute girls are going to listen to cannibal corpse.

I can imagine them listening to it but not wearing shirts or showing it. Death Metal can still be enjoyable music on its own.

This right here is the stigma of metal that dries females up quick

Women are only interested in being popular so they will listen to taylor swift or lil nigglet or something.
Metal is like a cult you either get it or you dont.
Girls wearing band t shirts ironically just makes people roll their eyes.
We all know very few women are genuine fans of slayer.

I think the most metal response to this would be to not care and shove a crucifix up some womens cunt who is dry

>Mfw this post
I miss this place sometimes.

I think a lot of metal music including Slayer is enjoyable music in general so it wouldnt be too much of an effort to be a fan.
But I definitely see a lot of people in general staying away from the music to be cool and because of its negative reputation

It's just that girls figure out before they're 20 that if they want a chance at having a decent boyfriend they'll have to stop this metal bullshit. A girl got me into metal. She got out of it before me also.

>Womens contributions to metal have been pretty irrelevant.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how faggy is it that this fact genuinely bothers me? Because I think metal would probably benefit from being just a wee bit less of a sausage fest. c'mon, if nothing else it'd mean metalheads getting more pussy

metal is meant to be abrasive and off putting you plebe.
Metal doesn't want to be mainstream.
Its literally everything the opposite of mainstream
Album covers with women getting babies rapes out of them holding albums full of 10 second songs of screeching pig noises and cookie monster vocals.

Christ. normies just dont get it

women ruin everything.
There are other ways to get laid you moron

While that is true, I still find the music enjoyable. Sometimes ironically then

Metal is edgy garbage anyways so if anything they're smarter for not listening to it.

What if they just like the shirts?

It's posts like this that make me feel too old for this place.

saw a retarded post like this coming miles away
i'm surprised it wasn't the first response too
kys buddy

>Its literally everything the opposite of mainstream
>normies just don't get it

Or talk about doing said thing on a filipino crocheting webpage, that would be even more metal

This

Women only listen to what will get them the most attention from men, they have almost no passions or interests themselves.

Metal is a great example as this type of music appeals to testosterone, I don't see how a woman can get a 'buzz' out of metal.

But I guess metal-girl aesthetics attracts the type of men they want.

kek, is one of those ways saying shit like "women ruin everything"?

>$175m
>still sues napster

Nope, that's cultural appropriation senpai.

>girls have no passions or interests
you must spend a lot of time on /r9k/ or /r/incels

probably because metalheads are legit the neckbeards of music lovers

Who would want to listen to music made by bunch of dudes with hair down to their shoulder, goatee's, piercings, dragon shaped rings anyway?

yes, women love bad boys

Women are idiots, you see

Way to Sup Forumsfag up an argument that's already been made

It's always threads like these that show you the rough % of posters on here who've never had a girlfriend or pretend to have had one.

say that to my face dood

"It is only the man whose intellect is clouded by his sexual instinct that could give that stunted, narrow-shouldered, broad-hipped, and short-legged race the name of the fair sex; for the entire beauty of the sex is based on this instinct. One would be more justified in calling them the unaesthetic sex than the beautiful. Neither for music, nor for poetry, nor for fine art have they any real or true sense and susceptibility, and it is mere mockery on their part, in their desire to please, if they affect any such thing.

This makes them incapable of taking a purely objective interest in anything, and the reason for it is, I fancy, as follows. A man strives to get direct mastery over things either by understanding them or by compulsion. But a woman is always and everywhere driven to indirect mastery, namely through a man; all her direct mastery being limited to him alone. Therefore it lies in woman’s nature to look upon everything only as a means for winning man, and her interest in anything else is always a simulated one, a mere roundabout way to gain her ends, consisting of coquetry and pretence."

Isn't it in poor taste to quote Milo right now?

sauce?

Schopenhauer

good metal is an inherently underground subculture

proportionally, there's been *some* representation of women in metal (that aren't just shoehorned leads either) and i'm not pointing to corsetcore

off the top of my head, see: Thorr's Hammer, Dark Castle, Nuclear Death, Original Sin, Sortilegia, Antediluvian

ie things are there as much as you look for them otherwise the general narrative precedes, but I won't pretend there isn't a core demographic

>NYEH YOU CRTICIIZE WOMEN, IT MUST MEAN YOURE A VIRGIN

Female tactic number 1, virgin shame

me

>be me
>see sister wearing led zeppelin t-shirt
>ask her to name a led zeppelin song that isn't stairway to heaven
>she cant

I told her to not wear that shirt anymore..

Was that fair enough? or am I just being autistic?

>am I just being autistic?
If you have to ask the answer is yes

Saying "women are incapable of consuming art unless it is for the sole purpose of obtaining male attention" is not a criticism, it sounds like something a Redditor MGTOW would say.

>reminded that corsetcore exists
*shudders*

That's a very good point you make, although my gripe was more that none of the bands you listed will likely have any lasting impact on metal music as a whole, regardless of whether or not they deserve to. I dunno, maybe metal is just too steeped in machismo at this point for women to be a creative force within the genre

the only thing women are superior at is being women, the second they imitate men they turn into monkeys

Except that's a pretty non-autistic thing to do

A woman singing a metal song sounds like garbage, like some symphony, power metal garbage

Where did I say they had to be the singer?

idk, but a female singer would be the only noticeable difference

Lori S from Acid King and Jo from Bolt Thrower. Only 2 chicks necessary.

Honestly I'm just sick of every metal band being 4 hairy white dudes. Maybe you're right, maybe it wouldn't make a difference, but can't we just have some variety for variety's sake?

isnt it about the music

It's never *really* about the music

>muh diversity

Lol fucking kill yourself you nigger

Oh yeah by the way, if you werent a sjw retard and were an actual metal fan you would know about the african metal scene in Botswana

whats some essential botswain african metal Sup Forums

Like, sjw's want to force diversity on fucking everything, they want ruin everything.
Man im so glad trump won.
Metal has diversity naturally, not something forced on us by kikes and sjw's.
There is african and japanese and south american metal you kike shit

don't pretend like you didn't find out about the botswanian scene from that fucking noisey article like the rest of us

>African metal scene

bet those high-test nigz produce some super dirty, primal breakdowns

I wonder if its anything like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=JyCBAoCld9M