They were just too fucking good. Hetfields vocals and unreal downpicking. Jason Newsted being a savage live presence...

They were just too fucking good. Hetfields vocals and unreal downpicking. Jason Newsted being a savage live presence. Lars being on point for what he did. Kirk not sucking off the wah pedal.

It never got better than Seattle 1989 did it Sup Forums? Stupid good.

They sucked by the self titled album.

For me it wasn't until after st.anger. For everyone that says they got less thrash well compared to real thrash bands they have never been thrash. They're a heavy metal band that plays fast thats all they ever have been.

Burton > Newsted

Newsteds backing vocals were no joke

You clearly don't know what trash metal is.

Love Metallica and all but lars didnt do shit

After Justice I never cared for them. They went strictly commercial

They were absolutely thrash and then progressed to a godly state of songwriting. Their song structure was nearly perfect.

favorite track?

I saw them twice in 3 days on the And Justice for All tour. We smoked so much weed that I had trouble breathing for days after. One noob passed out just from pot. Good times.

Only one? Damn. I will Creeping Death. But holy shit their discography is loaded with jaw droppers and massively underrated songs. Leper Messiah, the ass end of Frayed Ends Of Sanity has some of the best riffs, And Justice For All (the song), the galloping riff in The Shortest Straw. I can go through the first four albums and not skip a track.

Fuck. If I had the opportunity of time travel the very first place I would go is to the Damaged Justice Tour.

Legends in music history. Their new stuff also doesnt sound bad at all

I look very forward to the new album. Production isn't flat like Death Magnetic. Loving the new tracks.

Dave's music only lasted so long. They continued to ripoff Dave for the first 3-4 albums. Then they had to start doing their own riffs,hooks and choruses.
That's why when they started out they were complex Thrash. It was b/c of Dave's influence. After Burton dying they went to 3 chord power metal.
If you know anything about music you hear what I'm saying. If you don't then, you're just a top 40 radio listener that doesn't know that, Enter Sandman is the opening chords for Black Sabbath sped up and altered slightly to keep from getting sued.

I still love 'em but, let's be honest . They're not original. They were just good enough to alter older heavy metal and make it sound like their own...and yeah, lot's of bands did that. Led Zepplin for instance.

just get over it and listen to the new testament

Testament rules too

do yourself a favor and google "thrash metal"

It's too bad their new material is fucking garbage.

Anyone who claims to have a love of heavy metal I general and says they HATE Metallica....I just can not understand that. At all. Watch the Binge & Purge: Seattle and educate yourself on excellence.

Daves influence was mostly kill em all and ride the lightning. Master of puppets had like one song as well but you can't tell me it sounds anything like megadeth at the time by that point. They had their own style by then for sure.
Peace sells era megadeth will always blow everything they ever did out of the water for me though. I've never heard another band emulate that style as opposed to most early metallica which a lot of other bands sound similar.

>love of heavy metal
>not hating metallica

what the fuck is wrong with you

Aside from Mustaine, Burton was the real musician behind the greatness of the 80's albums. I'm not saying he wrote all of it but is presence is clearly missed in post-justice albums (justice had a lot of stuff her wrote before the accident).

Black album and after is a different band to me. The new albums are especially lacking. There's no craft there. It's empty.

D A V E M U S T A I N E

James only plays riffs, he doesnt solo
Kirk always resorts to blues and wah
Lars is just, fuck, hes useless
Roberts talents are wasted playing simple basslines for metallica
Jason was treated like shit, lost his biggest career
Cliff, one of the only ones with actual musical knowledge, who was moving thr band forward, died
Oh yeah, daves always been a better guitarist
and dave leads to chris poland, amd marty friedman, two better guitarist
And marty leads to Jason becker, the GOAT of metal guitar
too bad he cant play anymore

It is sad what passes for metal in the US.

this