Ask a Zamboni Operator anything

Ask a Zamboni Operator anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vVkJbvv3pHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you feel like your being watched while driving?

Literally the entire time. There's always at least some players waiting to get on the rink, a few children really captivated, and wives/girlfriends/mom's hanging around the bleachers. I've gotten over it, but it bothered me a bit at first.

Bump

How bad do you feel when you fuck up and miss a spot?

It's no big deal and it happens sometimes honestly. Before I pull off I scan the rink for spots I missed and I can just go over and get them before pulling out. Problem is if you stay on the ice too long after cutting all the rough ice then you're risking dumping slush onto the ice which is a bitch and half to deal with.

How does it feel to say that you drive the best thing ever, a fucking Zamboni.

I wanna drive a Zamboni in Djibouti.

Did you know that in zambon is what we call sliced ham? (I think it's from French)

I watch all the time

That's a fucking beautiful machine right there.

It's just a piece of equipment haha. It's nothing more than a water truck dragging a conditioner really. It's become pretty monotonous to be honest, but it pays well for the work. I have previous history with equipment so it's not so new to me.

Wrote that wrong. inGreece is what we call it

And you see that guy driving it. Happiest man on Earth.

They're named after the original creator of the machine I believe haha

How many people did you run down in it? Have you escaped the police on one?

I'm not a big fan of the newer machines tbh. The bulbous aesthetic is gross and they're weird to line up patterns with. My favorite is the 552, but I have equal time spent with the 540.

>doesnt understand the awe of a zamboni

Kek, maybe in northern Canada.

what happens at 88 mph?

Zero, to date, and I hope to keep it that way tbh. Sometimes hockey players will stay out so I just won't pull into the rink and the other players waiting make it very clear for him to get the fuck out. I'm worried I'll run over one of the dingy referees one day while they move the nets out of my way.

Do you like Xanax bars?
I know two zamoboni drivers that are both bar-tards, it's a good job for that kind of person.

What zombani does and is good?

youtu.be/vVkJbvv3pHg

Never tried Xanax, but I've something of a nicotine fiend. Lately I've been using these 'Zyn' pouches that are basically nicotine patches. Mint flavor, no spitting, no tobacco, and a killer buzz.

My favorite is this bastard. The 552. All electric, purrs on the ice, really reliable and well built, and handles like a champ. The 540 is very similar but uses an engine.

That bitch is a shit operator. Moving way to slow, standing up and peeking around, going over the same cuts twice, dropping her conditioner in the same place, and overlapping her pattern.

Have you ever buried someone alive, layer by layer, in ice? If so how did it affect the outcome of the game?

What's it like being everyone's hero?

It's a heavy burden

Two questions, if you don't mind.
1- I have never seen that round brush on the side in use. What is it there for?

2- How come you Zamboni guys never go counter-clockwise when you cut the ice?

Thanks in advance, Canuckfag.

1. That's the board brush. It's used when cutting along the walls. It extends out and spins to throw snow built up along the edges towards the Zam for pickup.
2. We always turn right because there's a bumper wheel on the front left to bounce us off the dasher boards if we bump them. Also the conditioner had the pump assemblies on the right side so bumping the dasher boards on that side would be damaging. We can turn left and do for special maintenence cuts but it's a bit more risqué.

Also I live in California haha

Gotcha. And sorry for the presumption that you were Canadian. I figured it was some sort of law that you had to be one to drive it.