Best Vampire Film / Series

What's the best piece of vampire fiction on screen?

Not necessarily the best kind of vampire in lore and abilities but the best execution of it in a narrative.

My money's on pic related. Let the Right One In presented vampirism in a nuanced and concise way that directly served the story. No expository moments of "our kind have walked in the shadows for 10,000 bla bla bla." Apparently thats in the book which I think is a better place for it. The film shows what its vampirism is by presenting it in action.

Vampires are pretty dumb

this is a good one, Herzog's Nosferatu as well

What We Do in the Shadows is hilarious and savvy when it comes to playing off cinematic vampire lore

My personal favorites are Fright Night, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Near Dark.

Interview with the Vampire and 30 days of Night get honorable mention.

Pic related

the one with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt

>tfw you'll never have someone look at you the way Eli looks at Oskar

I always forget about Herzog's Nosferatu. I'll for sure check it out since its another one of his with Klaus in it.

And WWDitS looks funny as fuck.

I liked Interview with a Vampire the most tbqh. It was about the life of a vampire and the struggles he dealt with instead of being action shit or being depicted as a horror monster.

I also loved Bram Stoker's Dracula. Gary Oldman basically made the movie though. He was just too good.

Blade

30 Days of Night is late 00's crap but enjoyable crap.

Could have been The Thing with vampires but I guess they didn't care enough.

Anyone see pic related? Seemed like a different take on the whole thing without being "ok its vampires..... BUT IN IRAN"

Hammer made the best vampire films, whether it be the Dracula saga, or the Karnstein Trilogy, almost every single one is fucking great.

I share your opinion. They at least made the most terrifying vampires ever put on film.

These guys weren't fucking around.

Isn't that where the idea of Alucard comes from?

Also Christopher Lee's Dracula is best Dracula

It's Interview with the Vampire by far. It doesn't quite live up to the book, but it is written by the author so it comes as close as any vampire film has ever done. Interview is the only film that uses the vampire as a pivotal device to explore something about the human experience. Other movies have much less to say.

Draculas and Nosferatus are usually legit, though. Let the Right One is also great. I like you, OP.

I'll watch Interview right now. It looked less like a genre / horror flick and more of a narrative using vampirism as a point of exploration. Which is pretty much what you said.

I like you too, user.

Watch the korean Thirst movie instead.

Seen it when it came out.

Let me in (Swedish), What we do in the shadows (funny mockumentary)