PC R8 thread

PC R8 thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11664136
strawpoll.me/11664371
strawpoll.me/11664373
bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-vr-liquid-cooled-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-2tb-hard-drive-black-blue/5374307.p?skuId=5374307
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

strawpoll.me/11664136

strawpoll.me/11664371

strawpoll.me/11664373

>1TB SSD
>2 monitors
>integrated graphics

Why

>i7 2600
My negro

Too bad it bottlenecks my GPU.

TB SSD
monitors
>>integrated graphics
>
>Why

It's 2TB now. this is old.
It's not really a 2nd monitor. It's a dummy dongle. I use a virtual monitor to view the 2nd virtual monitor on 1 monitor.
In my defense this was the best thing to get to me in 2012 when I knew less about computers. - I had a 2002 pentium 4 Windows XP computer. So I just assumed anything new would be good enough. And indeed it is a lot better than my older desktop computer. But I want to do so much more now. - But now I don't even have the money to do it. - Oh well...

My computer isn't that good because it has 2 cores and 4 threads when I need to do a lot more. I need like at least 4 cores and 8 threads or more. I think.

The integrated graphics I didn't care about about originally. Even thinking about it - it sounds like a good "all-in-1" solution for the future. But right now... it just sort of... makes you an easy target for those who want to lag you out on purpose. To be honest. Tho I endure it.

I can't afford it right now but I'd like to get a better computer in the future. Either a desktop computer or a laptop computer. I'd like a laptop computer with a graphics card. Super ideally low-maintenance that I don't have to clean dust out of all the time or ever. If that exists. - Also. -

I can't afford that.

Anyway. I appreciate the reply.

Thank you.

That's true, but for my R9 290 it's perfect.

Why are your CPUs that hot?
Even with Prime95 my FX 8350 doesn´t get even close to that temperatures.

I'm not sure. I'm guessing it's because I have a very small mobile-grade fan. Instead of a desktop-grade fan.
Cool.

It's a perfect CPU (have it for 7years or so, never let me down.)

KEK, get a proper cooling system, even the cheapest aftermarket air coolers are better.

I have a proper cooling system already... it's a laptop. What do you expect it to do?

He has an M processor, indicating that he has a laptop or SFF...hence the very small mobile fan I would imagine

Yeah... that's right

I have the computer on "high performance" settings. If I put it on lower settings then it may go to under 50 degrees celsius on idle.

THIS WAS ON IDLE?????

Sort of. I probably had some programs open. Uhh... no. Actually. Thinking about it. This was after it was over-heating after transcoding a video. Immediately after that. After it started to cool-down.

CPU OC @4.4GHz
RAM is actually @3000MHz
Theres an external optical drive, asus dvd drive

Temps are while IW is running in background, was playing it just now.

>looks at computer currently
>70~80 degrees celsius

This is normal for a laptop user. Or a thinkpad user. Or for me. Anyway.

The temperatures are shit anyway, getting 50°C+ on idle is way to much.
The cooling system seems to be undersiezed, even my passive cooled laptop doesn´t get that hot.

Really? That's normal for me.
What passive cooled laptop do you have?

Lenovo ideapad 15 iby

Why don´t you use a normal desktop for something like that?
That is the way my old one died, clean out the cooling system asap.

I can't afford that.
It's always been like this. But thank you.

9/10

10/10

10/10

>strawpoll.me/11664373
>

R8

0/10 0

1/10 0

2/10 0

3/10 0

4/10 1

5/10 0

6/10 0

7/10 0

8/10 0

9/10 0

10/10 0

1 Votes

wow i got a lot better of a rating than i expected

thank you

ty

yw

A Laptop with some decent performance is much more expensive than a desktop and a laptop.

Yeah, but I spend it on a laptop. It's the price you pay.

AMD faggot here

9/10. Get an SSD as a boot-drive for 10/10.

9/10

ty

Don´t spend it on a noobbok next time.

yw

Why not? Perhaps he needs portability because he actually goes to places

That is basicly what my setup looks like, i just got the old GTX770 instead of the RX480.

IDK. I'm 50/50 on it. We'll see. TY.

Thank you. I have nothing against desktop computers; by the way.

not bad

not top shelf but its pretty decent

Also has a GTX960M but it's disabled in BIOS for the sake of battery life at the moment.

What laptop is that?

10/10

On it, also getting a new mobo and cpu in a few months. (just brought the gpu.)

10/10

10/10

Gigabyte P34G

Alright good. The GPU's definitely the highlight.

Thank you

>i7-6700HQ
>16 GB ram
>128 Gb SanDisk x400
>1 Tb 7200rpm
>GTX 1060 6 GB
>17.3" 1080p G-Sync display
>Steel Series RGB keyboard
Not him (obviously) but I bought a gaming laptop because of the need for portability and convenience. I only paid a little under $1600 for it and have no regrets. Sure I could have built a more powerful desktop for the same price or less and have done so for friends, however when they come over they can't play their computer but when I hang out with them I can play mine so I'd say it was worth it.

What laptop is that?

Small SSD and probably should've gotten a better CPU when I bought it I know, but the store sold me the CPU a lot cheaper than market price at the time.
Runs everything I play right now, gonna upgrade to a GTX 1060 I think.

bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-vr-liquid-cooled-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-2tb-hard-drive-black-blue/5374307.p?skuId=5374307

>1600
For that price you could of built a better pc with higher specs for 800, with another 800 to buy a laptop. You got fucked hard bro.

I bought the gaming laptop as I work away from home a lot so it made sense to have something I could game on. My desktop rig is

i7 4790K @4.6GHz
2 x GTX780
16GB DD3
500GB SSD
256 SSD (I had that just lying around)
2TB WD Green
1TB WD Black
Dell 21:9 ( can't remember the model)
Fractal Define R4

There are a couple of extra HDDs in it more than I need but I just had them lay around from old machines and can't be bothered to remove them

I also got a 250 gb SSD for it

MSI GS72vr I believe. I bought it from cyberpowerpc there were other 17" options that were cheaper with the same specs but not as many ports/lacking a DVD drive (that I plan on upgrading to blu-ray eventually)

You know why? Because you bought a fucking 2TB SSD.

Two PCs here.
One is a laptop that came in the mail about half an hour ago, so no speccy screenshot (But I'll list the specs here):

Operating System:
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

CPU:
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.4GHz

RAM
40.0GB Dual Channel Corsair @ 2166MHz

Motherboard: (Irrelevant, laptop)

Graphics:
Generic PnP Monitor (3840x2160@60hz)
Intel HD Grahpics 530
Nvidia GTX 1070

Storage:
1TB Samsung 960 Pro (SSD)
2TB WD HDD (SATA) (x2)

Desktop specs are pic related.

Also, my desktop has two additional monitors but they aren't connected right now.

Another AMD here!

Why does every AMD fag here (including me) have a FX-8350?

Main rig pic related, though I tossed the 1440p 144hz over to my other rig and have a 27" 1080p 60hz IPS for my second monitor on each now.

Other desktop is

i7 6700k @ 5.2ghz
Gigabyte G1 Z170 ITX
16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0 (No it hasn't melted.)
256GB Evo 840
5TB WD Black

Laptop
i7 4600HQ
12GB DDR3
GTX 770m
256GB Evo 840
1TB HDD

I need to stop buying electronics.

I'm actually using my 1920x1080 monitor now.

As an AMD user maybe you can explain this.
Why do buy AMD? They're only better on paper (at least for the CPUs, they're pretty good on GPU).

If you look at single-core performance, Intel typically doubles AMD

>6 fucking cd drives
>scsi

Are those 3TB HDD's RAIDed?

Yeah but I sold my old gaming laptop for a good profit (bought used sold for about the price of new) and sure I could have a desktop close to it for less but then I'd have to buy a decent keyboard, a mouse, and a monitor/tv which would add to the cost. So assuming I paid $800 to build the desktop, then about $150 for the monitor, $100 for the keyboard, and $60 for the mouse. That would put me at $1110 leaving me $490 for a laptop which wouldn't be very good for gaming especially since 17" laptops are more expensive so even with a used laptop (without a warranty) it'd be nowhere near a comparable experience on that and with that desktop I'd be stuck in one place unless I game streamed to that laptop which would introduce additional lag into the game making it an inferior experience and putting me at a disadvantage

AMD was extremely cheap at the time i bought the FX-8350, only 150€ for the FX-8350.
There was no faster Intel processor in this price range.
Also overclocking is possible up to 6.3 GHZ.

Oh and btw, I take my temp control seriously, max it went was 60 on cpu because I forgot to turn on my pump while gaming. You should do that too, if you're on a laptop that's no excuse get bottom fans and clean it up, replace paste if needed.

Lower temp is nicer, doesn't kill your hardware as fast and will generally be more quiet while also working more stable.

>40gb ram
>laptop
>4TB HDD
>1TB SSD

Woah what the literal fuck are you doing with it?

10/10 for both user.

So many mistakes.
>z chipset
>non-k cpu
>flashdrive levels of space on ssd
>6xx series in -1 month from 2017
5/10

AMD isn't bad, I have a seperate pc with an AMD cpu just for work.

Finally someone smart who doesn't get an i7 in a mid/high build.

GHz != performance

While I admit intel falls off the map around $170 in terms of offerings, you can get an i3 that is a lot faster for around 10 bucks more.

Developement in Unreal Engine.

1TB SSD is for most project fails, and the 2TB HDDs and RAID1.

The high amount of RAM wasn't strictly necessary but I like to keep ~70 chrome tabs open while I use my computer and that ends up using ~18GB RAM, leaving not quite enough for other stuff under most configurations

>~70 chrome tabs open
>Developement in Unreal Engine.

Holy shit, clearly you take shit seriously then. What projects you working on/considering?

>Motherboard: MSI 790FX-GD70
>Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
>CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
>RAM: 8gb
>OS: Win7

ayy lmao

Nope, that's just for production storage which is then archived on my NAS.

I know GHZ isn´t directly the performance, but no i3 of that time came close to the FX-8350, especially if you consider multi core performance.
Also when this processor will be to slow for some games i consider overclocking it, but untill today this was never necesary.
I don´t get over 40% CPU usage if I´m not using a benchmark with that processor.

also, buying 4k monitor soon

rate

>EVGA

I'm sorry for you user, I was wondering why it was looking warm then realized your mistake.

>4k monitor

Don't, unless you're going to get the 1180 or something. 1440p IPS @ 120Hz will be worth your monay.

Pretty decent for a ~2 year old computer

Not even a mid-build, I guess, but it's enough for me.

actually I'm waiting for hdmi 2.1 but thanks for advice user

Sell the 660 ti and use the money to buy a 1060 and then oc the ram or replace it with something faster like 1600 mhz

ayyy

Rate ?

>giphy (7).gif 1479308819533.gif

10/10