REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QUN3IZOXUcY
youtube.com/watch?v=lChJz2DSpsE
youtube.com/watch?v=B93k4uhpf7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meaningless.

They have perfected the Hype Machine with such efficiency that they can now outright declare mediocrity the best thing ever, with the Internet normies singing praises in unison.

Disney does this with movies: see Civil War and whatever's the latest Pixar-made Feels:The Film

lel get fucked, it shouldn't have been Breaking Bad in the first place, this is like Tom Hanks beating Elvis for the Nigger of the Century Award.

There's enough of a spectacle to dazzle normies into submission coupled with not wanting to swim against the tide of popular hyped opinion which causes this.

>this is like Tom Hanks beating Elvis for the Nigger of the Century Award.

>Show that attempted to downplay the action scenes because "the political interaction is so intriguing!"
>Highest rated episode was the one episode that's all action

My SIDES.

>They have perfected the Hype Machine with such efficiency that they can now outright declare mediocrity the best thing ever, with the Internet normies singing praises in unison.
This is the same reason that the Breaking Bad episode was ever ranked #1 in the first place. People have such short memories. We have a new cinema masterpiece that changes film forever twice a year and as soon as a new one is released the previous one is immediately forgotten. Nothing has cultural impact. You can create some artificial cultural impact by hitting the internet hype circuit but that won't last long.

That's fucking baffling

>this is like Tom Hanks beating Elvis for the Nigger of the Century Award

mediocrity? name a tv show that looked/sounded as good as that epsiode did. It was better than most films interms of quality and yetit's a fucking tv show.

The good news is that I can finally become a breaking bad contrarian poster :^)

Really? Any episode of True Detective looked better than that episode. Game of Thrones has always had pretty dull utilitarian cinematography. The CGI horses, excessive cuts and shakey cam didn't help either.

thread theme:
youtu.be/QUN3IZOXUcY

The episode was good visually and technically in the way it was filmed, but the writing was not very good.

It was a good episode of GoT, but it's far from the best episode in the series, and far from the best episode of any tv show ever made.

Even ignoring the fact that GoT and Breaking Bad are pleb tier video game shows that shouldn't enter into the top 10 TV episodes in the first place, those highest ranked episodes aren't even particularly good episodes by the standards of their respective shows. They're just the "IBS HABBENING" "event" episodes that get the most social media attention.

Paul Mooney approves of this simile.

Almost everything you've said here is flat out wrong. David Lean made a better cavalry charge 50 fucking years ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=lChJz2DSpsE

>This is the same reason that the Breaking Bad episode was ever ranked #1 in the first place.
Not really. Hardly really anyone started caring about television dramas pre-2010. Endless paywalls and shit. Or maybe Deadwood, Rome, Dexter, and Sopranos aren't infallible?

True Detective was more impressively looking than GoT, yes. But even that show is just another meme unto itself. Especially the "pleb dazzler" long take episode that was the point at which it was revealed that it wasn't a show to be taken seriously.

>Dexter
>On the same level as the others

Kek guess who has never seen rome, deadwood or the sopranos

And in 6 years well after you and everyone else stops caring you'll place Game of SHIT on the same pedestal as SHIT like The Wire.

If TD is a meme, GoT is a 9gag meme.

>dat video as example

Really faggot?

The latter day Breaking Bad hype machine was absolutely fueled by the same meme crowd as Game of Thrones. Maybe the first couple of seasons were for television fans but it got increasingly mainstream as it went and by the time you got to season 5 it was a full on meme.

That was a great sequence, but I know what your saying with long track shots, plebs think its genius off the bat. I knew the long shot of jon wading through the battle was going to be praised for this reason, people think it's brilliant. There was another long take during the siege at the Wall where the camera pans around like 360 showing a battle and it felt like it was from a video game.

Yes, really. That's a more impressive setpiece than anything in GoT. Problem?

>that dubstep car scene

Loving every laugh

This is a fair assessment.

You got the [inquisitive grunt] one?

I gave it a 7/10 on imdb. Have you done your deed Sup Forums?

That's one of the only good scenes in season 5 2bh. Being willfully unfashionable to comedic effect was more pleasing to me than the catchphrase filled cartoon drama cliffhanger shit.

Its just some pans and a camera on a cliff over the city. Nothing even a little complicated.
Youre just 'nostalgic' because they used real horses, wich is not an accomplishment of any kind.

Of course.

kek good analogy

That scene is a pleb filter. It's Breaking Bad's Spider-Man 3 Parker dance scene.

>Give people 3 seasons of quality writing
>Show becomes highly rated and watched by many
>Stop giving a shit about the quality
>Let the show deteriorate into a poorly written mess
>Normies still lap your shit up
>Reap the profits
>Get out while you can
>You've won the Game of Hacks

>CGI horses
They used about 80 real horses and at least 1 dead horse prop for this episode, senpai
Not defending this episode as the best ever but don't just talk shit out of your ass

Of course is was the BEST EVER, le ebin villain Ramsey got his comeuppance!

I don't say this very often, but in this case I simply must. You belong on reddit you filthy pleb.

>Steal 3 seasons of quality writing, and string it loosely together
FTFY

so one normie shit is more popular than another normie shit? Why does this make you mad?

Talk about what's impressive about that scene in your own words without falling back on the idea that it's just "classic" or you're a bigger pleb than the guy you're arguing with.

>fake horses

youtube.com/watch?v=B93k4uhpf7g

>They have perfected the Hype Machine with such efficiency that they can now outright declare mediocrity the best thing ever
this is the truest thing I've ever read

it was a good ep senpai

I haven't fed those TV watchers for 7 days, they're starving

Thanks, senpai.

You have literally hundreds of horses and people on foot moving at high speed covering about a kilometer, filling an entire town in one shot. That takes a remarkable amount of planning and coordination to pull off. More so than anything in the latest episode of Game of Thrones. On a side note, how the fuck have you not seen Lawrence of Arabia?

Ozymandia > Battle of Bastards

BoB is a very well made (and impressive for a tv series) action sequence but has no emotional weight. Nobody thinks Jon is going to die after he was just resurrected and Rickon isn't even a character.

If true, that's pretty remarkable. They were going up against Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

>battle between thousands of men
>only 80 horses

explain please

>how the fuck have you not seen Lawrence of Arabia?
I have, but posting a youtube video and then calling somebody a pleb isn't a valid argument.

I wouldn't even call that a battle. Jon's army got stomped until Sansa had to order her puss slave to help them out.

This shouldn't even be funny it's so stupid. My sides have betrayed me.

>mfw I had Lebeta winning one for da Land on one screen and this shit on the other

Breaking Bad was a shit show, so I don't care.

It's not stupid though, it actually makes sense when you really think about it which makes it a pretty dank joke.

>tfw had to watch GoT after the finals were over
>work in the am
fun stuff

Piss off, I was just saying they didn't use CGI horses
They did the same shit in LotR

Are you retarded? Spoilers: they didn't actually have thousands of actors fighting in that scene either

I mean, the battle itself was really cool.

didn't they cut and paste the horses in LotR

LOTR which was also shit. Like GoT it started well but by the time you get to Return Of The King it's fucking garbage but most of the people who are watching it are too dumb to notice.

Goddammit

No they ran some simulation program designed by Weta

Of course that's going to happen when they ditch all of the politics in favour of "he was a cunt" and fucking everyone in the kingdom knowing what each noble is up to. There's literally no politics in this season. Just killings.

Yes, while actually also using about 100 real horses, not sure the exact amount
To think you can put literally thousands of real horses on set for filming is retarded. Only works when you have a set like a desert where you have tons of space

This
Grounded my gears hard

Band of Brothers.

BB was much better than GoT. TD S1 was the true goat show though and should be rated above both of these.

But Hardhome was better.

Absolutely correct

But that was a mini series.

What is supposed to be inpressive about it? It's just a pan of a bunch of horses charging to attack, the GoT scene had all kinds of shots and really capture the chaos of a battlefield, I'll be the first to admit the episode storywise was retarded in many aspects but you are seriously a fucking memer if you try to hate on that scene saying it's not good

Band of Brothers is never that large in scale.

Still a TV show. In terms of production it was more impressive than most war films.

How is WWII not a larger scale than a fucking 20k men war?

imdb is useless for both series and korean movies; most episodes are 9.9/10 and all korean movies are 7/10

meant for

>Breaking Bad
IMDB level pleb shit
>True Detective
IMDB level pleb shit
>GoT
Facebook level uber pleb shit

None of these shows are legitimately good.

Obviously world war 2 is larger in scale.

But every BoB battle is maybe 50 people and a couple tanks. Nothing even comes close to that game of thrones episode.

It's still has some of the best production values of any WWII film/television show ever.

name a legit good show

>inb4 no response

What did he mean by this?

Of course
Every dumb normie will vote 10 for shits they like.

That's why there's wall-e, django and TDNR in their top 50 of all time.

The internet was a mistake

The size of a battle isn't really indicative the quality of a production, especially when everything becomes CGI once you reach that kind of scale (as GoT did). The battles in BoB are far more exciting and visceral than anything in Game of Thrones thus far. This is because of camerawork, practical effects, sound design and performances. BoB is superior in pretty much all of those aspects.

well deserved

Deadwood

The dekalog

this is all me btw

The Sopranos
The Knick
The Wire

no it's me

The Sopranos
Deadwood
Mad Men