If a British marine who claims he was a sniper inn Sierra Leone told you he killed hundreds of people a day some days...

If a British marine who claims he was a sniper inn Sierra Leone told you he killed hundreds of people a day some days, would you believe it?

Any armyfags in here? How realistic is that?

Bullshit. Number is high, not a chance he could or even would be able to do it on his own. Also the legit guys don't brag about shit like that.

He told his girlfriend this, who then told me. The guy is nearly 40 and she's in her 30's so not your typical teenage bullshitters - But yeah I thought that sounded far too over the top.

> sierra leone
> people
nuff said

bullshit.

he was probably REME based in Germany and spent his nights playing xbox and crying that he misses his family.

thats usually the cunts that brag

I would believe him.
In Sierra Leone, there was real Gorilla warfare.

x-boxes wern't around when we were in sierra leone.

Hundreds in a day though..... 10 or 20, yeah,, maybe....But hundreds

>Gorilla warfare
I miss Harambe

Yes they were, we were still training cunts there in 2003, we were there from 2000 to 2003 in some capacity.

original xbox was released in 2001.

You'd be a mythical legend to get hundreds of confirmed kills in your entire career. Only way he was killing hundreds a day is if he was shooting missiles from his rifle

le epic harambe meme

Top confirmed snipers have thousands

Bullshit

>A Finnish sniper, infamously known as "The White Death", who holds the record for highest number of confirmed sniper kills. Häyhä was credited with 505 confirmed sniper kills of Soviet soldiers accomplished in fewer than 100 days during the Winter War.

I had a missile rifle. Can confirm this is possible.

it would depend

was that british marine played by sean connery or by daniel craig?

Christopher Lee

highest supposed body count was Heinrich Seveloh "The beast of Omaha" who blapped about 2500 Americans on Omaha beach in one day

>Severloh fired on the approaching American GIs with his MG42 and two Karabiner 98k rifles from when they first landed until WN62 ceased resistance in mid afternoon, firing approximately 12,000 rounds with the MG42 and 400 rounds from the two rifles.

He was responsible for a great number of the casualties on Omaha beach possibly running into the thousands. He alleges in his autobiography that he was responsible for 2,000-2,500 American casualties.

Chris Ky'e of US had one of the highest confirmed kills with 160 over a lot of tours

this was beaten by a royal marine with 172 confirmed kills over two years

that's not a sniper though, that's a guy with a machine gun. he probably took credit for a lot of kills other people got, he wasn't the only one there shooting at allied forces.

well played, user.

Exactly, thats an MG42 with 505 in a day.

not calculating, basically shooting sheep on a beach.

as i stated, the highest confirmed sniper had 505 confirmed kills, not "literally thousands" as you'd said

He would've had to change his barrels out about 10 times to fire that many rounds. MG42s fired so fast the barrels would warp if not cooled every 500 rounds.

didnt say "literally thousands"

Absolute bullshit. What's his name? I'm in the corps

What does it matter that you're a Marine? You're just one of thousands and thousands.

I know the marine you are talking about.

Every single person that I have met in the military that has actually had to kill someone, fucking hated it. It gave them a fuck load of PTSD.

The only person I have ever met who actually liked killing people was a special ops 1st sgt at Ft. Lewis-McChord. But this guy was also fucking crazy. Like, couldn't hold a normal conversation without being extremely awkward. You could tell the shit he had done fucked him up bad.

So yes and no, OP.

I might the guy he's talking about. Also, are you trying to make out that just anyone can pass training?

>le
gtfo faggot scum

I hail from glorious nation of Sierra Leone. My comrades and I play dead to trick Englishman. They leave, we get up and run away to dig for diamonds.

Kek

>2,000-2,500 American casualties
A good start

I'm not sure if you think you raised a critical point, but a MG42 is considered a two man weapon - where the second carries ammo and a spare barrel.

She goes to my school.

Yes. I could and it was piss easy. Scouting as a kid was harder tbh. Unless you have a mental or physical condition, I don't see why anyone couldn't.

Unfortunately on top of the typical teenage bullshiters there are tons of REMFs or general POGs who love to embellish or fabricate their war experience.

Anyone who really went out and did the touch shit rarely talks about it, especially in so cavalier a fashion.

I am a POG myself. An MP. And I'll tell you myself I never did shit. I really bothers me when people fake their military record.

You're number two just changes the barrel for you, same as a HMG, if you are well drilled you can get it changed between bursts. HMG that is, not actually sure on the gun you are talking about to be fair.

Are you talking about Royal Marine commando training or US marines training?

if he is only nearly 40, he was too young to be in sierra leone

you got bullshitted

no because if he killed hundreds in days he would of been found and killed. sniping isnt like videogames where you just sit in one spot and kill dozens without moving

*your

*Your

Would you look at that, my bad. Missed the key word here. Not going to argue against that.

sierra leone war was in the 90's/2000's, he would have been in his late teens and 20s