What's your favourite album from this man?

What's your favourite album from this man?

The one with the song where he cracks his head on a toilet

Highway 61 Revisited

>YOU AINT NOTHIN' BUT A HOUND DOG
what did he mean by this?

Heartbreak Hotel

Probably the first one.

his gospel records were probably the only worthwhile albums as a whole.

idk about album, but suspicious minds has a special place in my heart

reddit

fuck off

The one where he steals black music and makes a lot of money because he's white.

>because he's white

You forgot his god-tier voice.

He did have a great voice, but he wouldn't have had a fraction of the success he had had he been black.

Why? Because there haven't been any successful black gospel and blues singers?

Maybe not, but why hold it against him.

Incredible talent and iconic persona and image. Truly one of a kind.

>Why hold it against him
I'm mostly shitposting, even though there's something to be said about a white man taking advantage of his color to make money out of black culture.

Still, he did pay his respects and recognised the heritage of his music, and that makes him a cool cat by my standards. It's a shame that his talents, due to 1950s/60s release standards, are so diluted on a much too vast discography, though.

Pre-1954? Marginally successful, especially in the south. But, as I said above, I'm mostly shitposting.

It is much more the audience that is at fault than Elvis. He was making the music he liked, influenced by black culture around him. The audience lapped up black culture once it was given a wholesome whiteboy sheen.

>too vast discography
Just different phases of his career I guess

Rock and roll, R&B, Gospel etc. Personally I prefer old Elvis when his voice had deepened. Not even Cash could come close to singing like that.

That's true, but it's still a discussion worth having. Sure, he was genuinely enamored with black culture, and that transpires in his music. But history is filled with oportunistic bastards who denied their influence out of racism, while still making a buck out of black culture (i.e. Allen Brothers).

What about his country music?

>because he's white.
That and incredibly handsome, his image is a lot more marketable than some random nig nog

Golden Records (1958)
Elvis is Back! (1960)
Golden Records Volume 3 (1963)
How Great Thou Art (1967)
From Elvis in Memphis (1969)

The 7 minute version of Suspicious Minds is my jam

That said, in general, he's an artist you should be talking about his songs, not albums

For me, his ballads tend to be the most underrated...stuff like That's When Your Heartaches Begin; I Was the One and Any Way You Want Me are killer tracks

That said, even though I've listened to like twenty-five of his albums, I'd never recommend going through his discography, it's exhausting when a lot of the payoff comes from just a handful of albums

Where's "I'm 10,000 Years Old"?

Ask Big Mama Thornton.