Interstellar vs The Martian

Which one did you guys prefer?

The Martian because Matt Damon had more screentime
also because it's the better movie
Interstellar had the better soundtrack, though

Interstellar, both because it is mostly quipless and the story has more weight behind it. Also the soundtrack.

Went in to see The Martian expecting a rip off Interstellar and it was pretty well done. Matthew is such a good actor but The Martian had a lot of good supporting actors.

>Went in to see The Martian expecting a rip off Interstellar
You realize it was an adaptation of some genre-shit book from years before?

The Martian was a more functional product but that product was the blandest most pedestrian thing imaginable. Interstellar totally shits the bed but it still had more of interest than The Martian for me.

>The Martian because Matt Damon had more screentime
Matt Damon giving the most "reddit" performance ever seen outside of an MCU movie.

Interstellar is to the Martian as Armageddon is to Deep Impact.

Didn't even know that m8. Why is it genre-shit?

The one with matt damon

>Government saving one man

Nope. Both were pretty fucking stupid.

I thought the blatantly reused props and costumes from Prometheus made The Martian seem like a B-Rate Sci-Fi movie, which it is.

both are shit?

I choose death

I like that Interstellar ended on something beyond scientific comprehension and posited that love was a physical force. Made for interesting cinema.

>muh reddit
fuck off

none

>kid black genius scientist
science FICTION, ikr

>Made for interesting cinema
nah, yer a daft cunt

Probably the Martian. The story felt more cohesive and the "science" part of the sci-fi more authentic.

kek

Gravity

Interstellar.

He really does, though. The fucking relativity jokes were reddit as fuck.

>reddit this
>reddit that

fuck off

Interstellar, The Martian was dull as fuck

Interstellar is the better film of the two. The narrative of Martian was established and taken to its end in like what, at 18 minutes to the film? I don't know, there wasn't much to it.

Nolan managed to ditch his old tired cynical post-9/11 memeself and establish a great BIG FUCKING EMOTIONS narrative that span the entire length (L I T E R A L S P A C E T I M E)

And it's fucking beautiful

If I had to re-watch one, it'd be Interstellar.

Martian was basically a comedy except it wasn't funny. Really, nothing interesting happened at all looking back.

interstellar. The martian wasn't even good.
>MUH SCIENCE
>MUH RANDOM QUIRKY BLACK GUY SMARTER THAN ALL OF NASA
a lot of the writing that tried to make it sound smart exposed it as the very opposite

This. My evidence is that it starred Kate Mara.

MUH LOVE IS THE FOURTH DIMENSION

Anyone can do this moronic shit

I thought The Martian was borderline unwatchable. It's awful. Matt Damon was terrible and the writing was even worse. Reminder that this was a best picture nominee.

Interstellar was just more of the same Nolan inoffensive garbage.

The way love was tied to the narrative was lot smarter than people give it credit for, and it is definitely - and easily - the best Nolan film. It has pretty good rewatch value.

Kate mara is insufferable so for that reason i choose interstellar

If you're not prepared to engage in the fight against reddit then you should fuck off and go post there instead, this board doesn't need you.

INTERSTELLAR

The Martian takes itself less seriously and success at what it's trying to do. Interstellar was great tier until the middle then it turns into schlock, that said [/spoiler]both are shit, discuss movies that are worth some discussion, I know you can do better Sup Forums[/spoiler]

>The Martian takes itself less seriously
That's a negative thing in the case of the Martian where all of the comedy was reddit moments.

This. She looks like a fucking creepy doll.

0/10

Try to be more subtle next time.

I enjoyed Interstellar more.

The word I can use to describe how The Martian feels to me is 'smug'

Both commercial and overrated casual watch and not classics , here's a scifi with a low budget that is a classic :The Man from Earth or Cube.

>The Man from Earth or Cube.
These films are just a different flavor of shit and I say that as somebody who thinks that any person who enjoyed either The Martian or Interstellar literally deserves a bullet to the head.

interstellar because of its visuals, the soundtrack and the dociking scene.

if the ending wasn't a shit version of 2001, I would actuallly rate Nolan.

Muh Power of love and muh time paradox is just too much

Interstellar. The Martian had too many qps.

"I'm gonna science the shit out of this thing." It was embarrassing as fuck to watch.

Interstellar. The Martian was a good movie but even though it was a two and a half hour movie it felt very rushed. Like I discovered I could ____ with ____ and I did it! now I have ____. Every goddamn time. It was luck: the movie, the stakes didnt feel very high at all even though he was fucking stranded on a deserted planet alone

dont worry in time you will experience the same and find out how great interstellar is.

Interstellar is probably my favorite movie. i've never been so drawn in and invested in a film. it's beautiful and the soundtrack is perfect too. it just has a sort of brilliant atmosphere about it. i'm a sucker for transcendental shit so the power of love is just a bonus for me.

when i experienced love interstellar became one of my favorites. so.hopeful and positive film.

I will experience me finding a 5 Dimensional cube with the power of love that humans from the future built so I can fuck with my daughters watch through a bookshelf so she can ensure the human species will survive? okay

pretty much. it will all make sense

Interstellar.

The Martian could have been decent if it was taken seriously.

Why do so many people take this literally when it clearly wasn't meant as such? Love was meant as a driving, irrational force in the human psyche, not a LITERAL force of the universe.

>it's a Sup Forums actually likes Interstellar for once episode

it wasnt until i experienced loss.of a.loved one that i realized how beautiful film it is

You now realize that everyone who said they liked Interstellar more are neckbeards with intellectual inferiority complexes.

Well, what sci-fi movies DO you like user?

shooting myself in the foot

A guy by himself making youtube videos was better than traveling through space and time?
get out of town, pal!

interstellar is a film. the martian is a reddit flick.

Thank you.
All they were saying was that emotions and feelings cause random actions which leads to unforeseeable or incalculable possibilities