/emo/

>"Real Emo" only consists of the dc Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known by "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness).
Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music.
Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta.
Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral
EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE
NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE

So, not early or mid 90s? Wtf

when did we begin
when did we begin
WHEEEEEEN
when did we begin

WHEN

DID

WE

BEGIN!?!?!?!?!?!?
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN?!?!?!?

pg 99 is the mcdonalds of emo

It's just whiny rock, fuck off

all kinds of emo are good

Is this a cry for help?

why dont you go scrub the streaks out of your undies you loser.

It's all gay shit.

it's the most "white male" genre in existence, even moreso than classical these days, so you must be an anti-white sjw indoctrinated kek or a minority to deny it

r u gay?

i'm not, therefore i like emo, therefore i'm not

what

yo u gay?

hey wanna form a nazi emo band?

No

in that case

Oh, you mean like The Promise Ring?

Yeah sure

wyt of The Get Up Jugend as a name?
Deutscher Fussball?

THERE IS NO HAPPY HERE

fucking hate that pasta
>dc Emotional Hardcore scene
that was just post-hc
>REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta.
>Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz and Loma Prieta.