Daily reminder that Guns N' Roses should not be considered a hair metal band...

Daily reminder that Guns N' Roses should not be considered a hair metal band. It's not fair to the other hair metal bands to have to be compared to them.

This but unironically

Dokken is cool.

At least a lot of other hair metal band know what they are, guns and roses and there fans like too pretend there the best band ever.

1. they sound nothing like hair metal
2. they didnt have big hair nor dress up
3. the use your illusion tour were the greatest in history
??

A lot of bands in that scene got lunped into the hajr metal category
>Mr. Big
>Extreme
>Racer X
Etc

>2. they didnt have big hair nor dress up

Are you kidding me?

>big hair
>dress up
>make up
Well, youre wrong there

Agreed, hair metal is a great genre and it's a shame people associate it with shit like Guns n Roses

is led zepplin a hair band because they had big hair

>strawman
they had long hair, not big hair. they did not pour 2 cans of aquanet into their manes every day and poof it up like axl and crew.

i've never associated them with even metal

they're a heavy rock band and i'm pretty sure most people think the same

Technically all "hair metal" is hard rock, more inspired by bands like Aerosmith than Black Sabbath.

tbf they only did that in the very early days when they were still playing clubs on the sunset strip. They dropped it before AFD came out and the classic look everyone associates with GN'R wasn't hair metal, they just looked like regular rockstars

Chinese Democracy [Geffen, 2008]

Story of the year--notorious rock recluse spends 10 years and a vast chunk of his ill-gotten fortune creating the perfect album. Succeeds (sort of) on his own irrelevant terms. Since he can no longer lead young white males astray, I find the effort noble--touching, in a way. Didn't think he had it in him. B+

Too Fast For Love >>>> Appetite For Destruction

They're cock rock.

CD would have been a good album with Axl's 1988 voice.

This

But GnR are good

Don't act like any of this shit is good.

GnR are closer to country or southern rock than they are to metal.

Of course they are. They're far better than hair metal. The only good hair metal band was Def Leppard, but even they couldn't touch Appetite for Destruction.

This, who cares

Shilling my OC

Axl's vocals weren't the issue. In fact they were very good, and really showcased his range. The issue with the album was the layers upon layers of pointless sounds and effects in each track, built up and added over a 15 year period. Also those awful nu-metal tracks. Get rid of those and replace them with some more straight forward hard rock tracks, strip down the other tracks to how they were in those early demo leaks and it would have been an amazing album.

Bump