Shilling aside, /t/. What's your opinion on him?

Shilling aside, /t/. What's your opinion on him?

His character annoys me, desu. The constant studdering and "hmm"s were just irritating. I expected a more stern, yet sarcastic Lex. Lex is supposed to be intimidating. There's nothing intimidating about Eisenberg's Luthor.

And I hate when people on Facebook or IG defend this by saying "This is just the beginning of Luthor's path!!!!" "He'll be the Lex we all know!!!" Do they not understand that Jesse Eisenberg as an actor CAN'T be intimidating? His voice. His looks. Nothing.

And that DING DING scene made me cringe. Literal miscast.

Also, the whole "That's the real Lex Luthor's son!" is pure damage control.

Other urls found in this thread:

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry, I meant Sup Forums. I didn't proofread.

spacey isn't intimidating. just based as fuck

Atleast he cpuld threaten supes

I don't think they were trying to make him intimidating. He was a mirror image of Batman.

I loved him.

He"s how a self aware sperg on this site sees himself. That's the main reason why there was a backlash.

>cringe!
>I hate him!
Not to mention
>not muh Lex!

Brilliant performance, every line is memorable, almost hypnotic.

On another note people didn't understand his characterization.
Here's a great explanation of his character.
manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

>Also, the whole "That's the real Lex Luthor's son!" is pure damage control.
He legitimately is. They said that Lex is dead in the movie, though. But you see this guy sign something that says 'Alexander Luthor' which is the name Lex's son goes by.
He also has hair, which helps. Guess they just wanted to be kooky and different in the DCCU

How could they not have him lose his hair from Kryptonite exposure in the middle of the movie and after that he becomes more serious for his hate for Superman. He speaks monotone with a deeper voice..

I really thought that would happen. Shame Zack Synder is an absolute hack and has gone full Joss Whedon.

How do you go form Watchmen and Man of Steel to Batman V Superman!?!?!?

m8 that scene of Spacey stabbing superman and him having the shit kicked out of him was heartbreaking.

>guess they wanted to be look and different in the DCCU

when will WB and DC realize this is the wrong way to go.

definitely not reading a long ass over-interpretation of a character

>2deep4umentality

I think they did a terribad job with Lex. Unless he comes back as badass as the Luthor's in the animated series, then it will continue to be cringeworthy.

I thought he was good, not the perfect Lex Luthor as I envision him, but a good villain anyway.

>Lex is supposed to be intimidating.
>muh preconceived notions!1!
So many criticisms of this movie is about what the person thought it should have been instead of what it was. Can't you fuckin criticise what's actually in the movie already?

ok

he was shit in the movie

happy

He was great. Insane enough to make sense rather than normal Lex's subdued irrational insanity

Nigga, Jesse's Lex was in the movie. I'm literally criticizing a character in the movie. Are you fucking stupid?

You sound like a Jesse type, with your cynical whining.

Also
>Facebook

How old are you?

no but you are pleb

I think he came off well as a stuck up, maniacal personality, extremely egotistical, thinks-himself-a-mastermind modern kid ceo character.

Not in a way where his performance is one of the greatest, but it was decent.

That's what an argument looks like, unlike yours.

your arguing with yourself he was a shit

Original, user.

ur mum wuz shet

I think he was actually pretty good, especially considering that he becomes increasingly erratic over the course of the movie. I want to see how he acts once Lex has had time to process the knowledge he absorbed. This is the first time I've ever seen Lex portrayed with the "forbidden knowledge" Lovecraft vibe, and it's actually kind of cool.

Kino performance tbqh

in his introduction he explicitly lets everyone know he's lex junior

how the fuck is something 'damage control' if its in the fucking movie

yet *i'm* the one who is a retard here for having actually watched the damn thing

nothing, because i don't react to other people's mannerisms unless they're unhygienic
i've known dudes similar to that, kind of eccentric smart dudes who are sometimes really sociable but can't always keep it together

there's nothing wrong with the character, unless we're seriously just going to look at any movie and say that any one person's mannerisms is by default not allowed

Because the way people are saying it OUTSIDE the movie would imply

A.) Since the character we saw wasn't the real Lex Luthor, just a fake imitation, we're going to get the real Lex, even though it's clearly stated he's dead.

and

B.) You shouldn't be so mad at this shitty actor's performance and shitty director's vision.

Does that help you understand a bit better?

He's a great original character.

But he's definitely not Lex Luthor.

Objectively speaking he nailed the character. Completely brought Lex Jr to life, and I'm sure nailed exactly what Snyder wanted from him.

If we got a scene where it showed what Lex was up to on the day that humanity was introduced to the Superman, it would make more sense.

He's in Dubai, and he flies back to Metropolis as fast as humanly possible, on a mach-2 private jet. And all he can do is watch the events unfolding through television and the internet, he's completely helpless.

help understand what?
i've never said any of that, at most the junior spin is just a fun twist for those in the know as far as comics go. that's it

the movie does present lex's origin, and its reasonable to expect him to be different if he's seen again

an actor's performance isn't shitty because of mannerisms, and neither is a director's vision shitty because of a character
there's nothing inherently wrong or rather, there's nothing inherently rule breaking with any of this