TIME TO PETITION THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE

TIME TO PETITION THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-way-out-of-trumpland-hail-mary-pass-to-save-the_us_582b2f65e4b0852d9ec21d4e

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/
youtu.be/Y-I2TSYXYFI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Without the electoral college every election would be decided by NY and california.

They won't listen to a bunch of foreigners,illegals and underage kids.

This is how Civil Wars start. Trump won fair and square despite the entire media,hollywood,establishment,his own party and wall street against him. The electoral system is a winner takes all system and Trump won 306-232.

They should just suck it up and stop being children.

If it was going to happen it would have happened with Gore.

Trump is our next President. Fuck you.

Trump has won NOTHING yet, he needs to get the EC to vote for him or else all he has is a participation award

Bush wasn't a sociopath unfit to serve

you say that as if that would be a bad thing, you funny

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The EC are PLEDGED to him by the law, thats people vote for. Thats why the system is in place if there was no system the entire electoral process would be decided by NY and CA. He won 30 states and split Maine for the first time since 1828. She won 20 states and lost the entire democrat blue wall.

SHE
WAS
A
DISASTER

306-232
Get the fuck over it.

I dont get it. Trump won the popular vote. They found over 3million illegals voted for hillary. As in people who's votes don't count. Hillary lost BOTH popular and electoral. Trump is new president, and we will see to his inauguration.

no they are not pledged, and a pledge is not a law, 27 states have very minor sanctions for not following the herd, the rest , no problem with voting their conscience at all

that isn't even good bait, jesus man if you are gonna post bullshit you need to up your game

So in other word you support changing the rules AFTER the game. So what next? In basketball your not going to count if the ball hits the rim? Baseball only counts as a point if you hot the ball to left field? Everyone knew the rules going in. You think hillary or trump woild have campaigned the way they did if it was poplular vote? The campaigns wpuld be completely different. I also think its funny how when asked if trump woild accept the results he said he would have to see what happens, you all freaked out like hysterical hyenias, but now you lost its muh patriatism

And? Ultimately its not about "the tyranny of the big states", it's about everyone's opinion mattering equally. You know, like in an actual democracy.

We're not a Democracy, retard

But it wouldnt. Only the large population areas woild win. The slums would literally decide every election

Trump won. Get over it.

#notmypresident means #notmyconstitution means #notmycountry

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

A vote in wyoming is worth 6 Californian votes

In the end we're all American

You can get 60million signatures and nothing will happen

I never said we were.

Except not at all. An interesting explanation, to put this another way, is that small states like North Dakota have an unusually high amount of Electoral votes despite their incredibly low population. Which means that their vote, incidentally, is actually more meaningful than someone who lives in California, where it means very little.

>mfw eurotrash complaining on an american operated board

Everyone knows trump cheated. He bought off the election officals. This has been proven. Hillary won by over 9,000,000 votes wothout drumpf cheatibg. And she would of had 389 electorial votes. How bout that fucks

Large population= people, ie everyone's votes should count.

no I support using the rules to get my desired results, get the EC college to do the fucking job they were designed to do, protect the office of the president from the window licking voters and the sociopath candidates

ATTENTION FAGGOTS!!!!

the USA is not a republic. it's a federation. learn the difference.

Time to realize nothing EVER comes from petitions.

You understand regions right? So say we have farmers that feed the nation. City folks dont understand shit about farming. So the farmers want a canidate that may understand them better. Well in a pure popular vote that would never happen. They ljterally never would have a canidate that could win. Electorial college helps because it alows regions as in states choose what works for them

Plenty of things have been brought to govt attention and then changed thanks to petitions.
I agree though in this case it's a massive waste of time.

What? "it's about everyone's opinion mattering equally" You do realize that this doesn't actually apply either if you remove the EC vote system, right?
It would basically make 90% of the smaller states completely useless and the candidates would travel back and forth between California, NY, Texas and Florida. Is that actually more fair and/or "democratic" according to you retards?

Your describing hilary right

I'm fully aware about farmers. Because I live in North Dakota. Your example doesn't mean anything. Ultimately you're arguing for special treatment to certain individuals in a system where everyone's word is (supposed) to be equal.

>huffingtonpost.com/
lol.

Too bad. Using that logic country bumpkins don't know shit about what city people and what the majority of the population wants. Why should they get anymore say then city people?

Except it doesnt. It doesnt count when 75% of the countries population lives in a city. They have different needs the rural people. But then again, im sure you think anyone who doesnt live in a city shoukd be put to death

No it doesn't. It means your vote is worth equal to that of someone in California. For some reason you're still operating on the idea of States as entities who directly influence the election. But if you cast your vote directly, that would no longer be the case.

I'm actually really surprised you don't get this simple concept. It would be one thing to argue that EC's offer certain advantages, but this is nonsense.

Yes democratic means the majority get what they want. That's the fairest way to do things.

I saw this but couldn't confirm. Obongo did influence them to vote.

We are a Constitutional Republic. The Founders did not want the mob rule of a Democracy. Democracies trample upon the rights of individuals to be free from being a part of the collective.

I am not the one trying to support a president elect that fell over a million votes short in the popular votes

It gives them a chance to be hear moron. It means that if enough regions think y is better then y can win even if x has the popular vote in 1/4 the regions. Obviously im not saying the country people should tell the city people how to live, but then thats why yiu have STATE powers. This government has taken so many things over they have no right to be in

Why should the 75% suffer to give special treatment to the 25%? In what world is that fair?

You mean, mob rule is bad when it's the Democrats only, right? Because I don't see anyone, Republican in particular, being critical of the situation now that the Republicans basically are the new establishment. They hold the Presidential seat, the House and the Senate, you see.

So using your own comment against you get rid of the EC, go with the popular vote and let the STATE govt look after the farmers.

why would states even matter if you just gave everyone a single vote and then elected the candidate with the most votes.

>the places with the most people would have the most votes.

no shit, but again, why would this matter.

Can't believe the left wanted Hillary anyway. She cheated for the nomination. So they accept her? She was getting her positions from a fucking secret AI program. No wonder she acted phony

yup Trump the King of agriculture, real estate was just a hobby of his

Really? Since when was anyone "equal". You think if i did 1 tenth the shut hillary did id get away with it like her? Equality? How about jobs, when your passed up because another race helps meet their quota? That equality? What you are saying is the cities that contain 75% of the population should control what the rest of the country does, even if say 40 states feel different, the 10 with the highest population would always win

>what you are saying is, the majority should beat the minority.

you are catching on.

Nothing wrong with that at all. That's simply majority rule.

By your definition say 51% of the country doesnt work, and we are pretty darn close to that now, say they want to pass a law that says all those that work have to pay 80% of their money to the gubernment to give them a living wage so they dont have to work, you think thats fair? Because the majority wants it means we have to do it right?

So whe the dems had all 3 8 years ago, where where you bitching about having too much power? Also the reps dont even like trump, he will be fighting both sides so bad example

>By your definition say 51% of the country doesnt work

What the fuck kind of statistical bullshit are you swallowing?

if your government started passing laws like that, you have bigger problems than your electoral system.

haahahhhahaaahaa this is bait

Wel,l if the president didnt have the power they do now and they only kept the country safe like they are supposed to and didnt tax the shit out of everyone then i wouldnt give a fuck who is president. But when they are looking to take liberties away for the "better good of the people" then we have a problem,

What drugs are you on. The US unemployment rate is 4.9%.

"A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch" - Gary Strand
> The United States is a Consitutional Republic

>niggers and tacos should decide the fate of the country

Listen to yourselves.

Because only the city life woild ever be represented. Sorry if you cant understand someone may have different values or needs then you

probably closer to 4 million

No I am speaking in terms of political systems. That the two corrupt parties have chosen to name themselves after two of the systems means nothing. The definitions of words has been perverted by changing their meanings over many years.
Liberals are actually far from being what liberal at all, and are for maximum government control. Republican are also for government control as well, because they are far from conservative. What you and lost people do not see is that the two parties are actually progressive, and are only the right, and left of that. There are not true republicans, nor are the liberals for individual freedoms. There demododgery is only to divert attention from themselves in order to divide the people to gain more power.
This is why I have never voted for either party, and have been hoping others would awake from their slumber to get rid of the two parties.

I never said the Democrats having the house was fine. Bipartisan systems in our current political climate of extremism on both sides is incredibly toxic. But that's not the discussion here.

The Trump thing remains to be seen.

You live in America moron not nazi Germany. Don't like it, fuck off.

This has nothing to do with Democracy. These are reasonable critiques about a bipartisan system. Which is undoubtedly cancerous, but as I just got done saying: it's not really the discussion here. We're talking about Electoral Colleges.

Much agreed. But let's ride out these 4 years and hope for a better candidate for either party. Not hard to beat now. Kek-wise? We have to wait and see

So tell me how is the # calculated? Please explain

Because it's a way for less useful states to matter in elections. A state with fucking 500k people still matters in the EC system because IF the final result for the two nominees ends around 250-250 or some shit. The smaller state would still do A LOT of work in the actual election process.

By your fucking logic, Hillary could have basically went around NY and California for months until the election and call it a day.
Abolishing the EC system would be just as bad as letting everyone vote because you would have a million new mexicans that votes for democrats every fucking year.

There's a reason why the mainstream media called for latinos to become citizens to vote in mass. Because 80% of them votes for the democrats.

What they should do is to abolish the "winner takes it all" bullshit, that would at least be a good start and no, I don't agree with the EC system either... I think it's fucking retarded in some ways, especially when the actual electoral votes in every state can pretty much vote for whoever they want.

Had there not been an electoral college then we don't know how the voting would have gone. The strategy for the parties and candidates would have been vastly different.
> don't assume Trump would have lost a straight up vote, it is simply an unknown.

I'm going to submit a trebuchet design to President Trump which is specifically designed to toss you and your family over the wall, Pablo.

Say it with me.
President.
Donald.
J.
Trump.

this simply isnt true though, just because someone is elected by a majority doesnt mean the elected official only looks after the majority.

the government is going to do whats best for the country, but it should be elected by the majority of the people.

i mean essentially your current system just means people who live in rural areas have more of a say, why not make it people with higher incomes (ie more successful) get more of a vote too. or people with a cleaner criminal record or better credit score.

i mean if you are going to discriminate and give some people more say than others, at least base it on something better than how far you have to drive to see another person.

You do know hitles used the ec system rught?

>mfw saltington post thinks anyone gives a shit about petitions

Nigger/Taco detected

Samefag

why do states even have to come into it?

why does what state you live in matter to who you think should lead the country?

Pure Democracy is just a Dictatorship with people pretending their opinion matters.

Nope, just hivemind apparently.

>you may not post multiple times in one thread
He wasn't even focusing on the same post you goober

downvote

youtu.be/Y-I2TSYXYFI
yes

I voted trump tho

This doesn't sound like an issue with the Electoral College system. This sounds like an issue of people being too homogeneous with their opinions. Which is an intellectual problem, a big one for sure. Or more specifically, an issue with the political system as a whole here in the U.S.

And with that said, I don't agree with keeping the ECs around. If they are flawed, then they should be removed.

this doesnt follow any kind of logic

The electoral college is largely in place to distribute federal administrative power so it represents more than the highest populated areas. So yeah, this is exactly about democracy since we are discussing how it is implemented.

If you're using the Electoral College system as the basis for what Democracy is, then you're a fool. The EC system was made with the understanding that State populations would grow, and so too would their votes to reflect these growths.

Except the votes haven't been updated in several decades. So apparently either the Electoral College system is the basis that we've ignored OR it's not actually a basis for anything.

tru
what a bunch of cucks

all you fucking morons, one job of the EC is to administer the will of the people, the OTHER JOB is to protect the union from a unfit president elect REGARDLESS of what they were "PLEDGED TO" and the will of the people can fuck right off, they are the firewall against a tyrant being seated as potus, they are allowed to act in the best interest of the union and totally disregard the population

not to mention she also had super delegate votes

The actual problem is that those in power have politicized every last aspect of life, which causes people to divide into groups with tribal think. Which is a very good tactic to destroy a peoples rights while they fight among each other.

and you have decided trump is unfit because...

No, I am stating that we are a constitutional republic.Something that seems lost on most people. If we were a pure democracy then the only states that would matter to the federal administration would be New York and California. Leaving 48 other states feeling a bit disenfranchised - not a good formula for a cohesive union.

I'm not interested in discussing this stuff. Because I feel like this is something well beyond this current conversation.

just sayin

>Entire planet runs on numerical value democracy that scarifies independence
>Africa and India gets to decide how the US and the UK uses its military and gets more say so in the world
again...
>backwoods, uneducated, corrupt and gibs me dat India and Africa gets more say so then the United States and United Kingdom

The electoral college was literally placed so uneducated faggots like you don't vote for the entire nation. Literally, big city population doesn't equal intellectual integrity.

He is litteraly hotler and stallin combined

>The electoral college was literally placed so uneducated faggots like you don't vote for the entire nation. Literally, big city population doesn't equal intellectual integrity.

And how, exactly, do States equal intellectual integrity? It doesn't seem like you thought this statement through at all.

I believe that is the case and I am asking the EC to consider that position

Because americans live in the states and the states is a part of america. Hence the United STATES of America.
What's your reasoning? I don't get it.

The ONLY reason your talking about this now is because Hillary lost. If it was the other way around, you wouldn't even be mentioning this.
Well let me tell you this, you wouldn't even know the actual outcome of the election.. it would be entirely different because the tactics would change for both candidates.

And then THAT popular vote system would be blamed for not being friendly to the other states that is a part of the UNITED STATES.
Either way. This is how the system is built.. it won't change. Your candidate lost, get over it.